CIN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MudPhud20XX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so what do you guys think? what CIN level? I keep getting this wrong and any help is appreciated...
To me it looks like CIN 1 (especially to the left side), but that is not the answer...

upload_2014-9-5_9-46-16.png

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's CIN3, but why don't we consider the left side cross the transformation zone? That part is still considered as cervix right?

The most important thing isn't where the neoplasia is, but rather where the WORST neoplasia is. We go with the classification that is worst because frankly, the places where the neoplasia is best aren't very important.

An analogy: If you had lung cancer and there were two metastases to the brain, how would you stage it? Would you say, "Oh, the liver doesn't have any metastases even though the brain does, so this is Stage 3 or less lung cancer."

Or, alternatively, would you say, "This cancer has metastasized to the brain, so irrespective of other organs, this cancer is stage 4!"?

Definitely the latter. It's the same here. The neoplasia has invaded to a certain place, and we look at the worst part of it.

Reactions: 1 users
just finished learning this. looks like CIN III.

'almost' the entire thickness of the epithelium is involved here. CIN II would be LESS than 2/3 of the thickness. This is definitely MORE than 2/3 of the thickness, even at the transformation zone. highly unlikely it regresses.

It's CIN3, but why don't we consider the left side cross the transformation zone? That part is still considered as cervix right?

If I cut your hand off at the wrist the rest of your arm is still normal, but you don't care about the rest of your arm because your hand is gone.