Citizenship and Pharmcas Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rollingmedicine

Nuclear or Clinical
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand that you have to be either US Citizen or have a Permanent Residency in order to apply to pharmacy school.

Currently, I applied for Permanent Residency and I was told that I should be receiving it between 1~1.5 years. I called pharmacy schools and they told me that as long as I have a record saying that I am trying to get my Permanent Residency then it should not be a problem.

So.. I was wondering in the PharmCas is there a section where the application ask about your US Citizenship or Permanent Residency status? If there is, then what am I supposed to put since my status is pending?

Or do schools ask US Citizenship or Permanent Residency stuff once you get accepted?


It would be nice if you guys can tell me what PharmCas ask from the students as well. Thank you very much!
 
Do you have the alien registration number you can use? If you don't have that yet, it could be difficult.

My school said they couldn't accept anyone until you had citizenship or a permanent residency and it wasn't pending. If it gets done by the time the admissions committee meets, it could be ok.
 
Hello there

Yup I have the alien registration number. So do I put that in the PharmCas application?

Sorry I don't know how PharmCas application looks like




Do you have the alien registration number you can use? If you don't have that yet, it could be difficult.

My school said they couldn't accept anyone until you had citizenship or a permanent residency and it wasn't pending. If it gets done by the time the admissions committee meets, it could be ok.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On PharmCAS under Current Citizenship/Residency Status here are the options you can select: US Citizen, US Permanent Resident, Foreign Citizen, Other Eligible Non-Citizen. You also select your country of citizenship if you're a Foreign Citizen and indicate what type of Visa you have.
 
What if you are in a pending status for the permanent residency? What are you supposed to put under that one?

I do have a Alien Registration though



On PharmCAS under Current Citizenship/Residency Status here are the options you can select: US Citizen, US Permanent Resident, Foreign Citizen, Other Eligible Non-Citizen. You also select your country of citizenship if you're a Foreign Citizen and indicate what type of Visa you have.
 
Hm, I would guess you would still put foreign citizen, and yes school's do ask for a photocopy of your green card when they process your application.