Class of 2008, the Real deal to gettin ready for med schl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotanna

Child of God
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope ur really getting ready

Like saying bye to all your friends, doing all the things you wanted to do, going out, seeing places, you know stuff like finding a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Thats what my friend said :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey lotanna...

stuff I'm doing now and this summer:

Partying like craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy with my friends. Going out every weekend dancing, eating, chilling.

Exercising to get my body and mind in shape.

Sleeping ten hrs a night.

Getting an internship in a completely unrelated field to medicine so maybe one day I'll be the next Barbara Walters....only younger, better, and a lot more attractive. :)

Not really looking for a man but being very receptive to any that may come along. :)

Travelling. I'm headed to Europe and Nigeria this summer.

Reading a few non medical books.

Figuring out a place to live and ex-Longhorns/nigerians/exceptionally goofy ppl to hang out with in Dallas during my limited free time next yr.

Looking for a new style....figuring out what color to dye my hair and whether or not I want to pierce my nose. Also in search of the perfect pair of glasses that will both make me appear professional yet chic. :)

On the scholarship hunt!

So far:

continuing to volunteer with the medical examiner because its fun

doing off the books cement work with my uncle (theres something appealing about good old fashioned blue collar work)

drinking and becoming a socialite in the hamptons

drinking

I wanted to get a tattoo, but we'll see

drinking

definitely going on a golfing/gambling/drinking trip to atlantic city

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto on most of that stuff listed. I'm adding on working in a gas station. It's not exactly blue collar work but its fun to tell people where I work.

ok I supposedly got a good job to save up for med schl....YEAH RIGHT!! The way I'm going i'm going to be way in the red b4 the summer, but who cares I'm going to be in debt anyway come August!

This yr already went on a Bahamas cruise
going on a Nigeria mission trip, to visit my homegirl in St Croix , visit fam in London

Life is wonderful!! :clap: Shoot maybe i wont go to med schl! :laugh:

@ndi_amaka, I just got some glasses(had to take advantage of work eye insurance b4 i quit), man I look smart!!:D

-work through may to finish paying off my car and save some money(fortunately school teachers get paid over the summer so I'll get my final check almost a month after I've started medical school in august).

-do some fishing. probably take a camping trip to the north georgia mountains and hit the trout streams there.

-spend a lot of time with my family.

-get in a little better shape to start medical school.

-help my dad run his lawn care business for 6 or so weeks in the summer.

-drink lots of rolling rock light.(for some reason it seems much better than bud or coors light)

-just spend a lot of time thinking about the next 10 years.

"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his Wardrobe?"- John Bender
Accepted: Mercer(withdrew), medical college of georgia, Emory
Interviews: UAB(waiting), VCU(withdrew), EVMS(withdrew)
Rejected: Vanderbilt, UVA

yeah, I got accepted, did the FAFSA, now what? The whole thing is kind of overwhelming isn't it? What do we do now?
I wish there was some conveyor belt we could just jump on where they would give us a place to live and a lab coat, books, then the stethoscope, etc.

Originally posted by nezlab99
I wish there was some conveyor belt we could just jump on where they would give us a place to live and a lab coat, books, then the stethoscope, etc.

No way! I'm not ready for that yet. Still enjoying the last few months of peace before studying gets hard core again. I have a test on Monday, and I haven't even read the last 7 chapters. I'm loving my laid back attitude. (BTW I do plan on reading it before the test, but I like the fact that it's not do or die)

hmm...damn all that sounds cool.

i wont be able to do anything right up until the day i matriculate.
med school will be when i will finally get to relax a bit and do some fun things.

med school will be when i will finally get to relax a bit and do some fun things.

YEAH OK BUDDY:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by joker
YEAH OK BUDDY:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

haha seriously bro...the stress level will be a little less than what i have to deal with now.

I'm working until the end of June, but next month I am going on a cruise in the caribbean, and in the summer, i am going to turkey and budapest!!

and then med school will start and i'll still be having fun...hopefully. :)

BonBon

I'm waiting to graduate in May, then going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Belize. Then I'll be buying a house near my new school.

Is anyone going to study anything for med school to get a jump start before it starts??

I'll either not do anything special (i.e. just sit back and do nothing) or travel abroad.

Can't wait for the start of med school though. :clap:

What more can you want than time to study a lot of interesting things about human health topics and biology? Love it, can't wait to do it. :love:

Originally posted by Flack Pinku
I'll either not do anything special (i.e. just sit back and do nothing) or travel abroad.

Can't wait for the start of med school though. :clap:

What more can you want than time to study a lot of interesting things about human health topics and biology? Love it, can't wait to do it. :love:

Yeah I'm lookin 4wd to Anatomy and Histology:laugh: :love: +pity+