Class of 2012 Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mastamark

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets all post here the schools and dates of our interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'll bite first....

Touro-NV: August 27

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
1. CLICK "QUOTE" IN THE MOST RECENT LIST.
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
4. WRITE WHAT YOU DID IN THE TITLE AT THE TOP.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).
===DON'T DELETE===

Members don't see this ad :)
Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (interview 8/27)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).
===DON'T DELETE===

:scared::scared:
i so want to be on that list:oops:

aleksap;5419290]Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (interview 8/27) DiverDoc (8/28)
WVSOM DiverDoc 9/05/07

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

:scared::scared:
i so want to be on that list:oops:

I do too Dr.Kicia. Are you looking for a new DO to shadow, that might get a letter for you shy under a decade? I truley do believe you will be granted interviews. I have faith in you !!!

I hope some fellow SDNers interview with me at touro on tuesday the 28th!!! For the 27th guys/gals, dont set the bar too high ! lol.

Me too DrKicia. I'm in the same boat as you. Four of my LORs have been in since the 1st week of July, a DO I barely know, two science professors from huge lectures that I barely know, and an Anthropology professor from undergrad from 2001. However, my own boss/master's advisor of over 3 years hasn't even started on it. I think he's doing it on purpose bc he doesn't want me to leave and he's a huge procrastinator. I've actually been having nightmares this last week bc I'm scared I won't get any interviews because I'll never complete any applications. :scared:

Congratulations to everyone who has interviews, though! :luck:

Please add me to the list. I am interviewing at TCOM in less than 12 hours 7/27. I'll take any thoughts or prayers you can spare. Reporting live from the Super 8 hotel...out.

:D

Please add me to the list. I am interviewing at TCOM in less than 12 hours 7/27. I'll take any thoughts or prayers you can spare. Reporting live from the Super 8 hotel...out.

:D

:luck::luck: Thats gotta be a record on the earliest interview! Are you an early decision app or something???

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want to try and add myself, because I'd probably mess it up....but I have an interview at Western - 9/6.

Hey Guys,

Congrats on your interviews and good luck! Would any of you guys mind sharing your stats? I'd just like to see what the gpa's and mcat's are to get interviews....thanks!

Oh I almost forgot because I honestly don't really care but I do have an interview. We have automatic interviews at my in-state allopathic. I think it's the first Friday in October but I guess I can't put it on the list. I'm really interested in DO anyway.

:luck::luck: Thats gotta be a record on the earliest interview! Are you an early decision app or something???

Actually no. There is nothing spectacular about me. I've got two graduate degrees in exercise and physical therapy, but I can't imagine that blew their skirts up that much. It may be more luck than anything, but I'm rolling with it. Thanks for the shamrocks. Good luck to everyone out there. The more I learn about DO programs, the more I like.

I do too Dr.Kicia. Are you looking for a new DO to shadow, that might get a letter for you shy under a decade? I truley do believe you will be granted interviews. I have faith in you !!!

thank you diver:D it is really nice to see ppl having faith in me...i have faith in me too...i just wish i got at least one few letter thing to put on that list ;)LOL

Me too DrKicia. I'm in the same boat as you. Four of my LORs have been in since the 1st week of July, a DO I barely know, two science professors from huge lectures that I barely know, and an Anthropology professor from undergrad from 2001. However, my own boss/master's advisor of over 3 years hasn't even started on it. I think he's doing it on purpose bc he doesn't want me to leave and he's a huge procrastinator. I've actually been having nightmares this last week bc I'm scared I won't get any interviews because I'll never complete any applications. :scared:

Congratulations to everyone who has interviews, though! :luck:

i have fantastic lors...especially from my bio professor who have known me for over 4 years...I really count on my DO lor too...i shadowed him for almost a year and he is an amazing doctor and a really cool guy...i know he will write me a very good lor but i just wish he would do it a little faster LOL.
Well i am going to call him tomorow morning again...it sucks to be someone's pain in the neck but what else can i do:confused:

it all sucks even more because i wanted to be complete so early(due to my stats i think it would help) and on my side of the secs i really did do everything...if not for that one lor i would be complete in 8 schools for like 2 weeks already...eh...
i am too having nightmares at this point

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (interview 8/27) DiverDoc (8/28)
WVSOM: DiverDoc 9/05/07
Western: walkoffhr (interview 9/06/07)

===DON'T DELETE===
:luck::clap::banana::luck:
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

TCOM interviews start in July - that is the Texas school and they have a completely seperate application! I applied there and I would LOVE to get an interview, but I'm out of state with low states and I just submitted the primry so I'm not counting on it! Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

I'm complete at DMU and ASTU-K and almost at CCOM - maybe I can be cool and get on the list, too!

Hey megboo good luck. I applied to all three of those as well. The silence is killing me. When getting secondaries my mailboxes were running over, now after being complete all I hear are crickets. :oops:

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (interview 8/27) DiverDoc (8/28), lackoftalent (interview 10/8)
Western: walkoffhr (interview 9/06/07), lackoftalent (interview 9/6/07)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

TCOM interviews start in July - that is the Texas school and they have a completely seperate application! I applied there and I would LOVE to get an interview, but I'm out of state with low states and I just submitted the primry so I'm not counting on it! Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

me too! my TMDSAS was finally processed a couple days ago. I hope it's not too late.:scared:

Just wanted to wish good luck to you people!!! :):):)

TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27)
Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (interview 8/27) DiverDoc (8/28), lackoftalent (interview 10/8)
Western: walkoffhr (interview 9/06/07), lackoftalent (interview 9/6/07)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

[=PlayMeSomeMusic;5421163]TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27)
Western: walkoffhr (interview 9/06/07), lackoftalent (interview 9/6/07),
fiji (interview 9/13/07)
DMU: fiji (interview 9/6/07)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===[/]

getting nervous about NYCOM. haven't heard from them yet and my primary was mailed out 7/11. is it likely i got rejected already and just haven't heard anything? :confused: NYCOM is one of my top choices :(

TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27)
Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27) DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8)
WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05)
Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13)
DMU: fiji (Interview 9/6)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

Has ANYbody heard ANYthing from either LECOMs??? via snail-mail or email???? I had called waaay back in june to make sure they got my LORs, I didnt talk to anyone but left a message. Last week they called me back ! Saying that my file appeared to be complete and they would get back to me. Other than that, nothin....

Has ANYbody heard ANYthing from either LECOMs??? via snail-mail or email???? I had called waaay back in june to make sure they got my LORs, I didnt talk to anyone but left a message. Last week they called me back ! Saying that my file appeared to be complete and they would get back to me. Other than that, nothin....

i got an email with the secondary app from LECOM-Erie. that was on 7/17. my primary was mailed out 7/11.

getting nervous about NYCOM. haven't heard from them yet and my primary was mailed out 7/11. is it likely i got rejected already and just haven't heard anything? :confused: NYCOM is one of my top choices :(

Don't start sweating yet. I spoke with NYCOM early this week and they told me their application tracking system isn't even "put together yet". She told me I could call back "in a month", so don't expect anything before August.

I got a secondary from LECOM-Erie via E-mail, but nothing since then. I think I sent it in about two weeks ago. I called to check if my file was complete and was told to call back in a week because they are in the middle of orientation - so it seems like things are sort of on hold at the moment!

Just as a note, some schools said they won't even start inviting people for interviews till Aug... which it basically is now. I think, if I can keep track, AZCOM said that.

Haha. I applied to NYCOM in 2006 and still haven't heard one peep from them :rolleyes:

Yeah...I called them this morning for a status check and they told me it may be at least a few more weeks before they catch up. The lady said they were tied up with the incoming 1st year orientations and squaring them away first.

I didnt land a NYCOM interview until January this past year. If you're out of state, don't expect to hear for a while.

Same here, LisaMD. Not one word from NYCOM. Like many other med schools, they became part of the black hole of med school admissions from which no sound eminates other than the "ka-CHING" of cashing your check.

nycom will send in-state invites end of august/begining of september for in-state.... then a few months later for oos

I have 2 out of 6 secondary applications turned around! CCOM and DMU. Like everyone else, I am just waiting on my LOR's and hopefully on a few more secondary invites.
Congrats to all who have been invited so far! Big ups to all yall.

Ahhh interview invites already???
Wow, you guys are too cool. :cool:
I wanna be just like you! :love:

Good luck!

The interview at TCOM was great. Very nice facility and staff. Ft. Worth is a nice town with some good things to offer as well. Hopefully this will be the first of many to come. Good luck to everyone during their interviews. I will post an "official" review on the interview pages.

TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27), jace's mom (Interview 8/10)
Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27) DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8)
WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05)
Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13)
DMU: fiji (Interview 9/6)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

The interview at TCOM was great. Very nice facility and staff. Ft. Worth is a nice town with some good things to offer as well. Hopefully this will be the first of many to come. Good luck to everyone during their interviews. I will post an "official" review on the interview pages.
I was wondering if you were back! I'm glad the interview went well for you; I'll look for your official review in a few days as I prepare for my own interview. Maybe we'll go to school together next year!

I was wondering if you were back! I'm glad the interview went well for you; I'll look for your official review in a few days as I prepare for my own interview. Maybe we'll go to school together next year!

:luck: Good luck to you as well. I left feeling very good about the university and hope things go well during your interview. Knock it out and hopefully we'll see you down the road! I posted my feedback on the interview - pretty generic stuff really. Very good school.

For those of you who've received interviews, do they give you a choice of which date is best for you?

For those of you who've received interviews, do they give you a choice of which date is best for you?

At Touro NV, they gave me the option to interview at the first "batch" I guess you could say. They had 2 days to choose from there. For WVSOM they scheduled me. If it didnt work out I had to contact them to re-schedule. Once you commit to an interview though, you cannot change it. It will be voided.

Status
Not open for further replies.