Class of 2012 Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27), jace's mom (Interview 8/10), pattheaggie (Interviewed 8/2)

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27), DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8), medic2doctor08 (interview- 8/27), Bioteach (Interview 9/10), mjmorphet (Interview 8/27)

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07)

Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13), ilikescience (Interview 9/6), Rikkye (Interview 9/20), pathongko (Interview 9/27)

DMU: fiji (Interview 9/6), Indioman (Interview 9/7), Rikkye (Interview 9/7), Abby52 (Interview 9/7)

===DON'T DELETE===
:luck::clap::banana::luck:
TO ADD YOURSELF:
1. CLICK "QUOTE" IN THE MOST RECENT LIST.
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
4. WRITE WHAT YOU DID IN THE TITLE AT THE TOP.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).
===DON'T DELETE===

Members don't see this ad.

Someone I know last year was accepted VERY early to WVSOM with a sub-20 MCAT as an OOS applicant. WVSOM isn't too competitive in terms of MCAT/GPA, but it seems they like interesting ECs.

AZCOM: doinmybest5840 (Interview 09/27)

DMU: fiji (Interview 9/6), Indioman (Interview 9/7), Rikkye (Interview 9/7), Abby52 (Interview 9/7)

TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27), jace's mom (Interview 8/10), pattheaggie (Interviewed 8/2)

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27), DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8), medic2doctor08 (interview- 8/27), Bioteach (Interview 9/10), mjmorphet (Interview 8/27)

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07)

Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13), ilikescience (Interview 9/6), Rikkye (Interview 9/20), pathongko (Interview 9/27)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).
===DON'T DELETE===

Members don't see this ad :)
AZCOM: doinmybest5840 (Interview 09/27), lackoftalent (Interview 9/26)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

AZCOM: doinmybest5840 (Interview 09/27), lackoftalent (Interview 9/26), zipmedic (Interview 9/26)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

AZCOM: doinmybest5840 (Interview 09/27), lackoftalent (Interview 9/26), zipmedic (Interview 9/26)

Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13), ilikescience (Interview 9/6), Rikkye (Interview 9/20), pathongko (Interview 9/27), umes (Interview 9/20)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===[/QUOTE]

okay...say you get an interview at one school and then receive an interview at another school in the surrounding area. You have already scheduled an interview at the first school and the new school is asking for an interview at a different time (slightly earlier). If you'd like to combine your interviews, (b/c you are poor and flying far away once is expensive enough) is it acceptable to ask the original school to reschedule the interview date? If so, do you say it's because you have an interview at a different school in the area? Is that a big no-no? Does this make sense?

Thanks!

TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27), jace's mom (Interview 8/10), pattheaggie (Interviewed 8/2), lackoftalent (interview 8/28 OOS)

Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13), ilikescience (Interview 9/6), Rikkye (Interview 9/20), pathongko (Interview 9/27), umes (Interview 9/20)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

TCOM: PT2MD (Interview 7/27), jace's mom (Interview 8/10), pattheaggie (Interviewed 8/2), lackoftalent (interview 8/28 OOS)

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27), DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8), medic2doctor08 (interview- 8/27), Bioteach (Interview 9/10), mjmorphet (Interview 8/27), ilikescience (interview 8/27)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

K, is anyone else getting super nervous about the interviews? I hope during the interview I don't freak out and vomit all over the adcoms or anything.:barf:

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27), DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8), medic2doctor08 (interview- 8/27), Bioteach (Interview 9/10), mjmorphet (Interview 8/27), ilikescience (interview 8/27)

Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13), ilikescience (Interview 9/6), Rikkye (Interview 9/20), pathongko (Interview 9/27), umes (Interview 9/20), Pmanltd86 (Interview 9/13)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

okay...say you get an interview at one school and then receive an interview at another school in the surrounding area. You have already scheduled an interview at the first school and the new school is asking for an interview at a different time (slightly earlier). If you'd like to combine your interviews, (b/c you are poor and flying far away once is expensive enough) is it acceptable to ask the original school to reschedule the interview date? If so, do you say it's because you have an interview at a different school in the area? Is that a big no-no? Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Some people choose to schedule their interviews in a way that they can stop at their various interview sites using one trip (ie. one of the people I interviewed with took a week off work and went to all her interviews from south to the north). Also, most schools allow you to re-schedule your interview once or twice but then no more. Of course, this is usually on a case by case basis.
Hope that helps

AZCOM: [/B]doinmybest5840 (Interview 09/27), lackoftalent (Interview 9/26), zipmedic (Interview 9/26)

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07), dr.kicia (Interview 9/19)

Western: walkoffhr (Interview 9/06), lackoftalent (Interview 9/6), fiji (Interview 9/13), ilikescience (Interview 9/6), Rikkye (Interview 9/20), pathongko (Interview 9/27), umes (Interview 9/20), Pmanltd86 (Interview 9/13)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh that's awesome! Congrats!

I hope during the interview I don't freak out and vomit all over the adcoms or anything.:barf:

I'm going to share a little know secret with you. Adcoms love when an interviewee's commitment to medicine is so great that they lose control of their bodily functions in their office during an interview.

One can say, "I love medicine and your school" but when there's a subsequent overload of the autonomic nervous system on their carpet, they know its genuine. ;)

I'm going to share a little know secret with you. Adcoms love when an interviewee's commitment to medicine is so great that they lose control of their bodily functions in their office during an interview.

One can say, "I love medicine and your school" but when there's a subsequent overload of the autonomic nervous system on their carpet, they know its genuine. ;)

HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*Aghem* I'll try it and tell you how it goes... :thumbup:

LOL! That would be so me...i had to try to log in three times to my other email after i saw the interview invite from WVSOM...that is how much my hands were shaking (couldn't type) :laugh:...not to mention that I have called nearly every person i know and yelled like crazy to the phone jumping up and down:D
Maybe that is why my friends think i am crazy:idea:
I am totally ecstatic today!!!!:hardy: still shaking and it's been 3 hours since i got the news:laugh: I don't even need coffe today!
:luck::luck::luck: to everybody!

LOL! That would be so me...i had to try to log in three times to my other email after i saw the interview invite from WVSOM...that is how much my hands were shaking (couldn't type) :laugh:...not to mention that I have called nearly every person i know and yelled like crazy to the phone jumping up and down:D
I am totally ecstatic today!!!!:hardy: still shaking and it's been 3 hours since i got the news:laugh: I don't even need coffe today!
:luck::luck: to everybody!

Congrats!!!! That's great news!!! :luck::luck:!!! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!:hardy:

Congrats!!!! That's great news!!! :luck::luck:!!! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!:hardy:

thank you all guys for best wishes!
I cannot stop smiling:D:D:D
And i can already say I will love the school...they even reply to my emails with the use of smiley's...I mean how cool is that LOL.
I think I need to go and chill out because everyone here will think I am crazy. I think I am the most excited person on this thread LOL (or at least i am the one who like Playmakur42 says has an autonomic nervous system responce to the interview news:laugh:).

And i can already say I will love the school...they even reply to my emails with the use of smiley's...I mean how cool is that LOL.
I think I need to go and chill out because everyone here will think I am crazy. I think I am the most excited person on this thread LOL (or at least i am the one who like Playmakur42 says has an autonomic nervous system responce to the interview news:laugh:).

were you stressed waiting for the first one? I know I am stressing about it.

congrats Dr. Kicia!

HA HA, I've always been told I have a way of expressing myself. I know no matter what happens, vomit, crying or twitching from excitement I will get my message across. The adcoms may not like me so much after an emotional outburst, but at least they will know I am for real. ;)

congrats Dr. Kicia!

thank you all guys:D:) i do not want to repeat myself but man...
I AM soooooo HAPPPYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :biglove:

***thank you God:bow:***

Congratulations, dr.kicia, on receiving that interview! :clap: Enjoy the feeling. :)

WVSOM is a great school. My thought is that you'll knock 'em dead during the interview. Good luck. :thumbup:

NSUCOM: youngtraumadoc (Interview 9/18),

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07), dr.kicia (Interview 9/19)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07), dr.kicia (Interview 9/19), troutangler (interview 9/07)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===[/quote]

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27), DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8), medic2doctor08 (interview- 8/27), Bioteach (Interview 9/10), mjmorphet (Interview 8/27), ilikescience (interview 8/27), Concubine (Interview 8/27)

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07), dr.kicia (Interview 9/19), troutangler (interview 9/07)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===[/quote]

DMU: fiji (Interview 9/6), Indioman (Interview 9/7), Rikkye (Interview 9/7), Abby52 (Interview 9/7), IUgrad (Interview 9/13)

Touro-NV: WannaBaDoc (Interview 8/27), Aleksap (Interview 8/27), DiverDoc (Interview 8/28), lackoftalent (Interview 10/8), medic2doctor08 (interview- 8/27), Bioteach (Interview 9/10), mjmorphet (Interview 8/27), ilikescience (interview 8/27), Concubine (Interview 8/27)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

DMU: fiji (Interview 9/6), Indioman (Interview 9/7), Rikkye (Interview 9/7), Abby52 (Interview 9/7), IUgrad (Interview 9/13), PlayMeSomeMusic (Interview 9/13)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

DMU: fiji (Interview 9/6), Indioman (Interview 9/7), Rikkye (Interview 9/7), Abby52 (Interview 9/7), IUgrad (Interview 9/13), PlayMeSomeMusic (Interview 9/13)

NSUCOM: youngtraumadoc (Interview 9/18), Orchid07 (Interview 9/21),

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

Im so excited i didnt even have my lors in yet! :D

hiya....oooh please add me to the WVSOM list....I am tooo excited to type it myself....yyyyyaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! thank god sooo much....yaaaaaaay

Hi, I haven't received any interviews yet, but none of the schools that were posted here were schools that I applied to, until yesterday when the NSU-COM invites got posted. How did you find out about your interview? Letter, email, or phone call? Also, how long ago did you send your secondary in, and was there a way to check on the online system to see if your app was complete?

NSUCOM: youngtraumadoc (Interview 9/18), Orchid07 (Interview 9/21),

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07), dr.kicia (Interview 9/19), troutangler (interview 9/07), dancinRN1022 (9/21)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

NSUCOM: youngtraumadoc (Interview 9/18), Orchid07 (Interview 9/21), doinmybest5840 (Interview 9/11 or 9/14 [undecided])

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07), dr.kicia (Interview 9/19), troutangler (interview 9/07), dancinRN1022 (9/21)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

you guys are seriously making me jealous :(

meg, don't get down:). Stay possitive...i really belive that thinking about WVSOM helped. I know i sound crazy but i was even talking to my friend last week saying i would love to get an interview there and that i kinda have a feeling i will...i don't know why but that is how i felt...so she was laughing yesterday, saying i was a wich, when i told her about the interview :laugh:...it is sooooo early...and i think for me it is just pure luck and very early apps (and maybe a combo of my ECs and PS<---thank you doctormom78 and nascar for editing:D)...my stats are so much lower then yours. You will get an interview! Just be patient...i know it's hard but that is all we can do in this crazy process. Best of luck to you:luck::luck::luck:

NSUCOM: youngtraumadoc (Interview 9/18), Orchid07 (Interview 9/21), doinmybest5840 (Interview 9/11 or 9/14 [undecided])

WVSOM: DiverDoc (Interview 9/05), Playmakur42 (9/14), ilikescience (Interview 9/10-withdrew), nismith17 (Interview 9/07), dr.kicia (Interview 9/19), troutangler (interview 9/07), dancinRN1022 (9/21), SmallTownEMT (9/24)

Good luck everyone! All the best in your interviews.

Hi, I haven't received any interviews yet, but none of the schools that were posted here were schools that I applied to, until yesterday when the NSU-COM invites got posted. How did you find out about your interview? Letter, email, or phone call? Also, how long ago did you send your secondary in, and was there a way to check on the online system to see if your app was complete?

NSU was the first interview i recieved. I got an email from them yesterday saying to pick a date. The weird part is that my app wasnt complete. I didnt send them any lor's. i sent in three this morning but the last lor hasnt even been written yet!

NSU was the first interview i recieved. I got an email from them yesterday saying to pick a date. The weird part is that my app wasnt complete. I didnt send them any lor's. i sent in three this morning but the last lor hasnt even been written yet!
How long did you wait to pick a day, orchid07? I got the email today, but I can't tell them which day until my dad looks up the flights to see which day is cheaper. Is there a chance I could lose my spot or not get an interview?

How long did you wait to pick a day, orchid07? I got the email today, but I can't tell them which day until my dad looks up the flights to see which day is cheaper. Is there a chance I could lose my spot or not get an interview?

Don't you have two or three weeks to respond?

Don't you have two or three weeks to respond?
It doesn't say anything about how long I have to respond. It just gives two dates, talks about LORs, and then says a packet of info will be sent once I pick a day.

It doesn't say anything about how long I have to respond. It just gives two dates, talks about LORs, and then says a packet of info will be sent once I pick a day.

why don't you email them or call?
it is totally normal that people have to make arangements and it takes few days. I would call them just to let them know you want to attend but still don't know what day. I am sure they will be cool with that and for sure happy that you got back to them.:luck:

the email i got said i have two weeks to respong, otherwise they will assume i am no longer interested. Thats about all it said actually.

Just wondering...when did u submit your secondary to NSU? Thanks.

NSUCOM: youngtraumadoc (Interview 9/18), Orchid07 (Interview 9/21), doinmybest5840 (Interview 9/11 or 9/14 [undecided]), ilikescience (interview 9/11 or 9/14)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

My my, for a school that sent out such a lame fishing e-mail, CCOM is sure taking their time. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.