You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2013!!!
Started by tonkatruck
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ah I miss the good ole days when we had enough time to mingle on this thread.
Also, do you guys ever find it funny all the things pre-meds focus on (ourselves included) when picking a school that really didn't matter at all? Like how many simulators they have or extracurricular clubs?
miss everybody 😍 hope everyone is doing good. stay strong.
Off to go see heart surgery 😍
It's kind of hilarious because even if we tell them, they do it anyway. Oh, SDN...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The first question I should have asked students at potential schools was how often they had free lunches 😉It's kind of hilarious because even if we tell them, they do it anyway. Oh, SDN...
The first question I should have asked students at potential schools was how often they had free lunches 😉
I just thought they flowed like water. Clearly, I was wrong. :cry:
free lunches are pretty rare for us.. but there are free dinners galore!!I just thought they flowed like water. Clearly, I was wrong. :cry:
i have an interview for a summer radiology thing on thurs!! so excited!
Nice! What kind of rads?
I didn't understand how I would study most of every day. And now its been like that for 6 months straight! It's gone by so fast.
Today we did a CV lab on anesthetized pigs, cutting through and finding the femoral arteries and internal jugular veins to put catheters in to observe HR and BP in response to other vascular changes. It was all done in a really humane way, in conjunction with the Vet school and all these other protocols. Cutting through live tissue was such amazing and such a rush.
Today we did a CV lab on anesthetized pigs, cutting through and finding the femoral arteries and internal jugular veins to put catheters in to observe HR and BP in response to other vascular changes. It was all done in a really humane way, in conjunction with the Vet school and all these other protocols. Cutting through live tissue was such amazing and such a rush.
diagnosticNice! What kind of rads?
wow...I didn't understand how I would study most of every day. And now its been like that for 6 months straight! It's gone by so fast.
Today we did a CV lab on anesthetized pigs, cutting through and finding the femoral arteries and internal jugular veins to put catheters in to observe HR and BP in response to other vascular changes. It was all done in a really humane way, in conjunction with the Vet school and all these other protocols. Cutting through live tissue was such amazing and such a rush.
diagnostic
Yeah, I meant what will you be working on? Research? Clinical? That sounds exciting 🙂
we have minimum three free lunches a week 😀The first question I should have asked students at potential schools was how often they had free lunches 😉
but not anymore since interview season has ended. sigh.
So how long do you think it would take to go through 7 months of unread class of 2013 posts?
So how long do you think it would take to go through 7 months of unread class of 2013 posts?
Well for this thread, not very long. Half the posts are people failing at keeping it alive. Why don't you do it and let us know the answer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh no; you're still leaching our thread :-(Well for this thread, not very long. Half the posts are people failing at keeping it alive. Why don't you do it and let us know the answer?
Oh no; you're still leaching our thread :-(
I'd never turn down an opportunity to bother you. 😛
Impressive list of interviews by the way... glad to see all that boasting last year wasn't in vainI'd never turn down an opportunity to bother you. 😛
Impressive list of interviews by the way... glad to see all that boasting last year wasn't in vain
What boasting? 🙁
I'm just giving you a hard time; you fine last year... well other than your constant scheming to take down our thread or boost Class of 2014 to higher levels (still not going to happen)What boasting? 🙁
You do realize 2014 has like 7000 more posts than 2013, right? That, I will boast about.I'm just giving you a hard time; you fine last year... well other than your constant scheming to take down our thread or boost Class of 2014 to higher levels (still not going to happen)
I don't believe in numbers; I believe in qualityYou do realize 2014 has like 7000 more posts than 2013, right? That, I will boast about.![]()
🙄I don't believe in numbers; I believe in quality
The threads can tie in quality since my awesomeness is in both. Quantity is the tie breaker.
+1i don't believe in numbers; i believe in quality
👍I don't believe in numbers; I believe in quality
Swarley! 🙂
Only 2 more labs and no more anatomy 😀 Then spring break!
👍
Swarley! 🙂
Only 2 more labs and no more anatomy 😀 Then spring break!
I'm back!!!
So jealous Raaska - doing anything exciting?
We're in the middle of Renal/Resp; with our exam and subsequent spring break at the end of the month. Then its😎😎😎 out on the beach
Spring break starts Friday afternoon! 😀 Starting the evening off with ice skating.😎
Spring break starts Friday for me as well. No big plans, just relaxing.
well said lolI don't believe in numbers; I believe in quality
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Spring break starts Friday for me as well. No big plans, just relaxing.
WHAD UP PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!
I dont have spring break for a few more weeks! Have to survive a Histo shelf and a physio shelf...but then its off on a 5 days cruise to Cabo with the classmates. Oooo yeaaaaaaaaa!
how is everyone doing??!??! I havent been on here in forever. Its funny this thread is still in the pre medical section.
Is today like reunion day?
hey ksmi is it possible for me to change my screen name? I think i read someone wehre that if you are a donor you are able to or something? I donated a while ago but I think the time expired. Is it still possible to change it?
Yeah, donors can change their name. I'll find out about the expiring thing for you.
Hey Ryserr. Glad to see your doing well.WHAD UP PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!
I dont have spring break for a few more weeks! Have to survive a Histo shelf and a physio shelf...but then its off on a 5 days cruise to Cabo with the classmates. Oooo yeaaaaaaaaa!
how is everyone doing??!??! I havent been on here in forever. Its funny this thread is still in the pre medical section.
I think I'll go to the anatomy lab for the last time tommorow. It will be glorious to never be in there again.
Hey Ryserr. Glad to see your doing well.
I think I'll go to the anatomy lab for the last time tommorow. It will be glorious to never be in there again.
We are on a little break from anatomy right now, but start up again next week and go until end of school in June. Yikes.
howve you been?
We are on a little break from anatomy right now, but start up again next week and go until end of school in June. Yikes.
howve you been?
Things have been good. Trying to live it up as much as possible before boards and rotations sneak up on us (I can't belive 1st year's ending in like 10 weeks😱).
Things have been good. Trying to live it up as much as possible before boards and rotations sneak up on us (I can't belive 1st year's ending in like 10 weeks😱).
I know! Craaaaazy! I have about 14 weeks left tho, til Mid June. Long summer tho of which I will be livin it up in Peru!
I know! Craaaaazy! I have about 14 weeks left tho, til Mid June. Long summer tho of which I will be livin it up in Peru!
Sweet. You doing a medical mission, or regular vacation?
wow 14 weeks. the countdown begins!I know! Craaaaazy! I have about 14 weeks left tho, til Mid June. Long summer tho of which I will be livin it up in Peru!
Sweet. You doing a medical mission, or regular vacation?
The goal is to learn spanish as well as possible. I'll be at a spanish school 5 days a week and living with a local family to better immerse myself in the language. Through the school we'll be able to volunteer/shadow at local clinics and hospitals if we so choose, but thats just a bonus and not the reason for going. There will be some vacationing in there as well 😀
I'm doing something similar in Ecuador. My goal is to push myself and become as fluent as possible. I'll be there for 6-8 weeks and doing classes, trips to the rain forest, a month of clinical volunteering/"research", and learning about the healthcare system there. We are going to compare a big city and a small mountain village. I'm so excited.The goal is to learn spanish as well as possible. I'll be at a spanish school 5 days a week and living with a local family to better immerse myself in the language. Through the school we'll be able to volunteer/shadow at local clinics and hospitals if we so choose, but thats just a bonus and not the reason for going. There will be some vacationing in there as well 😀
I hope you have a great time in Peru, Ryserr. I wanna see pictures! Or should I say quiero ver las fotos!
I am the only one not going on a ski trip but I get to see the parents in AZ, and sleep. Sleep so much that's it'll be epic.I'm back!!!
So jealous Raaska - doing anything exciting?
We're in the middle of Renal/Resp; with our exam and subsequent spring break at the end of the month. Then its😎😎😎 out on the beach
After watching the Olympics, seriously wish I could skate without looking like I am convulsing 😳Spring break starts Friday afternoon! 😀 Starting the evening off with ice skating.😎
👍 Even though there will be a tiny part that misses it.Hey Ryserr. Glad to see your doing well.
I think I'll go to the anatomy lab for the last time tommorow. It will be glorious to never be in there again.
The best way to do it-the pressure makes it stick! Y'all are going to have a blast, super jealous!The goal is to learn spanish as well as possible. I'll be at a spanish school 5 days a week and living with a local family to better immerse myself in the language. Through the school we'll be able to volunteer/shadow at local clinics and hospitals if we so choose, but thats just a bonus and not the reason for going. There will be some vacationing in there as well 😀
We are on a little break from anatomy right now, but start up again next week and go until end of school in June. Yikes.
howve you been?
ditto for me 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heh. I never noticed your MDapps profile # was only one digit off from mine (10331 and 10031)bump.
oh sweet.Heh. I never noticed your MDapps profile # was only one digit off from mine (10331 and 10031)
first thing i noticed was that my mdapps profile # was the same as the zip code i lived in when i was applying
I am the only one not going on a ski trip but I get to see the parents in AZ, and sleep. Sleep so much that's it'll be epic.
After watching the Olympics, seriously wish I could skate without looking like I am convulsing 😳
👍 Even though there will be a tiny part that misses it.
The best way to do it-the pressure makes it stick! Y'all are going to have a blast, super jealous!
The trick to that seems to be getting more practice. Go skating!!
Histo prelabs hold the record for only taking 4 minutes to make me bored. We have Spring break from March 26th - April 5th. Some friends and I are heading down to Mexico to get a little sun for a change. 😀 can't wait; but must finish Renal Respiratory first.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 587

