Class of 2013!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Godspeed my friend

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I've been looking for a good Medical Student type forum for a while now, and this seems like the most active, and useful one out there. /mini-intro

Anyways, I will be graduating in 2013 from UCONN. (Hence me posting here) 13 is actually my favorite number, so I'm cool with the whole 'number 13....oh noes' thing.

So I've been looking for a good Medical Student type forum for a while now, and this seems like the most active, and useful one out there. /mini-intro

Anyways, I will be graduating in 2013 from UCONN. (Hence me posting here) 13 is actually my favorite number, so I'm cool with the whole 'number 13....oh noes' thing.

Welcome!

Welcome Hiroshi

Drafting LoI's to my favorite waitlist schools, and I totally have writers block...

*sigh*

I know how that goes, I wrote one for my waitlist school. I started mine with a basic thanking them for their continued consideration and then stated that that they were my stand along top choice and here's why I'm a perfect fit for your mission.

How on earth did you guys even start them?

I think the standard is to reiterate why you think the school in question is teh awesome. Along with mixing in why you are also teh awesome.

sorry i'm not that helpful, I'm not particularly good at LOI type things...

Members don't see this ad :)

:welcome:
How on earth did you guys even start them?

I know how that goes, I wrote one for my waitlist school. I started mine with a basic thanking them for their continued consideration and then stated that that they were my stand along top choice and here's why I'm a perfect fit for your mission.
Mine were basically the same...first very short paragraph was "thanks for not kicking me to the curb....yet", second was what I loved about the school-with some integration of why it matched my goals as a physician, and third paragraph was a "why I match to your school "...the last part I tried to write with a very light tone, I didn't want to come off as a big head. Then the basic "thank you for your time" closing.

:soexcited::clap::bow::nod:Yes! Post 4321!!!!!! :nod::bow::clap::soexcited:

I have waited my entire SDN life for this moment!!!!!! :cry:

TG-arr4321.jpg

yay I'm finally out of work

I have to +pad+ before i go out for the evening

do you guys have any plans for this Saturday evening?

do you guys have any plans for this Saturday evening?
Yeah, a couple of games of caps at home, then over to a friends for a party and then off to the bars to dance. Most likely a a-bar Taco Bell run. You?

my saturday nights usually consist of...

greys.jpg

one of my friends has never seen it so we watch the seasons together every Saturday :laugh:

usually accompanied by the greys anatomy drinking game...

my saturday nights usually consist of...

greys.jpg
I had to stop watching that show at some point in the 2nd season. The first season they had so much medicine but now it's ridiculous. I heard that Meredith died for a while and had conversations with her mother, too ridiculous get back to the practical.

My roommates and I play drinking video games all the time.
I've never done this, but I want to. I wanna play rock band while being inebriated... then maybe my drum skills will improve :D

We did Jurassic park...every time Muldoon came on the screen we had to drink. I can't remember the last third of the movie :laugh:
Nice. The worst by far is The Big Lebowski we drank every the word "dude" "man" and the f-word were said. After 5 minutes we dropped it to only man and the f-word. After 15 minutes we dropped it down to just the f-word. If we had kept the original I would have fully expected to put down at least a case.

I feel like taking a nap...

or maybe eating dinner...

Nice. The worst by far is The Big Lebowski we drank every the word "dude" "man" and the f-word were said. After 5 minutes we dropped it to only man and the f-word. After 15 minutes we dropped it down to just the f-word. If we had kept the original I would have fully expected to put down at least a case.

HAHA that is a great movie for a drinking game. I might need to pop that one in soon

ugh you west coasters! :laugh: