Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahah you're horrible!Do you have dashingly good looks???
wait nvm...I have that covered.
Hmm...A nice set of breasts, helps....what are your measurements?
edit: that was top too...I'm on a roll!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hahah you're horrible!Do you have dashingly good looks???
wait nvm...I have that covered.
Hmm...A nice set of breasts, helps....what are your measurements?
Ahem...If you want in on this..You are gonna have to give us your measurements.hahah you're horrible!
edit: that was top too...I'm on a roll!
...I'm out! And I still have my dignity 😎Ahem...If you want in on this..You are gonna have to give us your measurements.
Did you guys notice how the Median MCAT score for Stanford, NorthWestern, Harvard, Jhop, Umich, and Duke is a THIRTY SEVEN. Median! what the heck!? And there are a whole heck of ALOT of median 35s.
Wash U is a frickin 38! That's absolutley ri-diculous!
I may not even bother applying to any of the top 20s this time around...
Alot of them are acceptng the same ppl....The numbers in the MSAR are stats for accepted applicants not matriculated applicants. 4.0/40s have a tendency to be accepted to many schools but can only matriculate at one.I know! And here's what I'm trying to figure out statistically. Numerical Scores (11, 12, etc.) are supposed to be based on percentile grades, correct? If they are, why is it there seem to be so many more higher scores? Shouldn't the same percentile of people be getting the high scores, keeping the average the same? How can they be accepting only the people in the top 1%, and not all be accepting the same people?
somewhat lolThat is a relief, I suppose?
so you are retaking a 12..13...12??Ay carumba. Just when I was feeling good about the MCAT, I feel as if I should go hit the books. It's going to be a long 5 weeks until that test... and a longer 30 days afterwards!
Ay carumba. Just when I was feeling good about the MCAT, I feel as if I should go hit the books. It's going to be a long 5 weeks until that test... and a longer 30 days afterwards!
"MCAT scores reflect the gist of recent practice tests." From his/her MDapps.If you already received your scores and got a 37, retaking is a bad idea man. Don't do it!!
Ehhh... gist of scores mean crap...I would have had a competitive application if they did."MCAT scores reflect the gist of recent practice tests." From his/her MDapps.
I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to retake with a 37
so we gonna rule the world or what? 3.95/40 is pretty good.If you already received your scores and got a 37, retaking is a bad idea man. Don't do it!!
shhh..teehee...You can call me Chubslol. this thread has all of a sudden become incredibly fun to read, thanks to amwatts. WAIT, who the hell is chubbychaser!? and what did chubbychaser do to amwatts?!
Don't scare me like that. I am basing my list of schools off the "gist of scores."Ehhh... gist of scores mean crap...I would have had a competitive application if they did.
ehh...maybe you will have better luck.Don't scare me like that. I am basing my list of schools off the "gist of scores."
Idk amwattsWassup everybody, I'm back. Yes!!!!!!!! How did you change your name AMWATTS?
lol. this thread has all of a sudden become incredibly fun to read, thanks to amwatts. WAIT, who the hell is chubbychaser!? and what did chubbychaser do to amwatts?!
"MCAT scores reflect the gist of recent practice tests." From his/her MDapps.
I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to retake with a 37
34-37's for the most partExactly.
And I know practice scores don't mean squat, but they are the best estimate when I am going to have to decide schools before I get my scores back.. I've been taking practice tests until I'm at a point where I'm comfortable getting 3-5 points below that score (although someone left a comment on my mdapps saying they had practice scores of 17-22 and got a 30 on the real thing?). Just curious, amwatts/ chubs, what were your practice scores like?
Wow. I might have to just consider applying to UCF now even though I have zero ties to Fla. It's not even that expensive.. where does their funding come from?
8 more days of school. 22 more days until I'm done with my last final (May 13)!
seven days left. and boy will my new toy - a wii- be distracting during finals. I'm probably going to have to ban it to the top of the closet. haha
Very wise of you! It nearly "aced" the LCME, has a strong "clinical relevance" to basic sciences curriculum, an "on fire" community, 15+ major local hospitals for live patient clinical interactions for all 4 years, new medical "city" being build adjacent to a large new research park. Applicants to medical school need not dwell on residency placement too much. Most applicants do not know what a "good" match is.....you dont know that one of the best residencies for xxxx specialty actually is Iowa or Oklahoma City....etc. Residencies are a product of two things: 1) what the student wants to do (this is based on what the student has actually seen and done - larger metro area allows for students to see and do more -- this affects their choice -- the MSAR will bear this out); and 2) clincal faculty's clinical network for "good old boy" placement (UCF's faculty are coming from all over and already has nearly 400 local "volunteer" faculty clinicians). The UCF program has the leadership and support to become a powerful program almost immediately. Residencies will not be a problem like other start up schools who have no rep or are programs with dispersed rural, or small city clinical opportunities. Anything to do there during your time off? It's Orlando!

seven days left. and boy will my new toy - a wii- be distracting during finals. I'm probably going to have to ban it to the top of the closet. haha

Huzzah! First of all good luck to everyone hitting the books for finals! My last one is on may 19th and then graduation time!!! wooot!
UCF sounds like an amazing place, i was looking at their website though and it seems that they've given 37/40 scholarships away already!
i am super confused as to how that is possible...alas!
Hmm..pretty good sell. Admit it, you're the new dean of UCF med school, aren't you!!![]()
Actually, I think he is the new Director for Admissions for UCF, but that's just a guess. 😉 Pretty darn good sell though, I may have to just shell out the cash to see what happens!
Personal statement draft 2 complete. Time to proofread. Oh boy.. that'll be fun.
i'm not going to redo my PS until may 15. i hope it turns out all right!Actually, I think he is the new Director for Admissions for UCF, but that's just a guess. 😉 Pretty darn good sell though, I may have to just shell out the cash to see what happens!
Personal statement draft 2 complete. Time to proofread. Oh boy.. that'll be fun.
I got 3 finals in two days on May 7-8, then one more final on May 13. Then I'll be all set to begin working on my AMCAS application. Does anyone know whether the information you enter right now in the AMCAS 08 application will be automatically carried over to the AMCAS 09 application? Even if you just enter it in and don't have it verified..
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.