Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
High Priority wait list at Jefferson... not sure how likely it is to get off of it.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So for ladies of the thread, and especially the girls that have interviewed at Vandy (jla and ksmi), I have another question... My original interview suit is a blackish skirt suit with a deep royal blue blouse. I just recently got a pomegranate/orangish-peach colored blouse that is really pretty, and I was questioning whether I should wear that one instead. Thoughts? I can send pictures if you'd like...

High Priority wait list at Jefferson... not sure how likely it is to get off of it.

I think you have a good chance.

i definitely think you are gonna get off :xf:

*giggles and looks at spurs*

Har har. :rolleyes:

So for ladies of the thread, and especially the girls that have interviewed at Vandy (jla and ksmi), I have another question... My original interview suit is a blackish skirt suit with a deep royal blue blouse. I just recently got a pomegranate/orangish-peach colored blouse that is really pretty, and I was questioning whether I should wear that one instead. Thoughts? I can send pictures if you'd like...

I like bright colors, so just hear them, I'd go with the second. But pictures would probably be best to help me pick.

I only interviewed at Case out of this bunch. Touchy feely Tuesdays FTW.

:laugh: I interviewed on a Tuesday and got to sit in on one of those. It was kind of awkward watching all the students role playing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like bright colors, so just hear them, I'd go with the second. But pictures would probably be best to help me pick.

Alright... I couldn't find a pick of the blue one, but it's the blue that you see in the picture and it's the same shirt (other than color) as the pomegranate one.

EDIT: Can you see the pictures? They aren't showing up on my computer under attached images, so I'm not sure...

EDIT (again): Darn, I realized the pictures didn't save right. Let me try this again...

Attachments

• orange.gif
    orange.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 140
  • blue.gif
    blue.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 138
Because the doctor is his mother!

oh. I guess I should wait until you give a riddle before I give you an answer...

Ha! That's a good one too.

I'm sure you've heard this one, bobsmith, but here goes.

There are 2 rooms. The first one has 3 light bulbs that never burn out mounted on the wall. The second room has 3 switches that never wear out.

Your goal: to figure out which switch goes to which light bulb.
These 2 rooms are separate and once inside one, you cannot not see inside the other. There are no tricks to the wiring, each individual switch goes to exactly 1 light bulb, and vice versa.

You are allowed to go into the room with the 3 light bulbs as often and for as long as you like, but you cannot damage anything (to look at the wiring, for instance).

Once you do go into the room with the 3 switches, you can flip the switches on and off as often and for as long as you like (again, barring any damaging activity), but as soon as you leave that room, you cannot return. You can then go back to the other room, but then you have to give your answer at that point.

How to you match each switch with each bulb?

Just worked out a way to watch neurosurgeries on a regular basis.
sccchhhhhhhwingggg!

I second the bright colors. My interview shirt is like a jewel tone magenta/pink mix...it goes nicely with black i think

is your interviewer a pathologist by chance?

Nope! Was yours the same as ksmi and brooklyn?

Yeah I bet you've got a really good chance; they've probably filled most of their seats by now but once people start letting go of their acceptances I bet you'll have a good chance :)

You might want to look at last year's application thread for Jeff to see what that meant last year.
i definitely think you are gonna get off :xf:

*giggles and looks at spurs*
I thought I told you that you can't TWSS yourself. This is essentially the same. :idea:

Cool!!! I wanna watch!! You should get me the hookup now that I'm in ATL too :D.
The head of neurosurgery does a lot of surgeries with the Head and Neck surgeon I observe/shadow. That is the only reason I knew how to approach it. Haha the H&N surgeon told me: "He growls...but don't let him scare you" lolz

Oh btws-that fMRI study I mentioned....they accepted me. I am going to be like "Lemme see ma brainnnnnn!"

Ha! That's a good one too.

I'm sure you've heard this one, bobsmith, but here goes.

There are 2 rooms. The first one has 3 light bulbs that never burn out mounted on the wall. The second room has 3 switches that never wear out.

Your goal: to figure out which switch goes to which light bulb.
These 2 rooms are separate and once inside one, you cannot not see inside the other. There are no tricks to the wiring, each individual switch goes to exactly 1 light bulb, and vice versa.

You are allowed to go into the room with the 3 light bulbs as often and for as long as you like, but you cannot damage anything (to look at the wiring, for instance).

Once you do go into the room with the 3 switches, you can flip the switches on and off as often and for as long as you like (again, barring any damaging activity), but as soon as you leave that room, you cannot return. You can then go back to the other room, but then you have to give your answer at that point.

How to you match each switch with each bulb?

Go into the switches room.

Turn on the first switch, wait like an hour. Then, turn off the first switch and turn on the second.

Go back into the bulb room. Whichever bulb is on corresponds to the 2nd switch. Whichever bulb is off, but hot, goes with the 1st switch. The last bulb will be off, but cold, and it will go with the switch you never messed with?

Go into the switches room.

Turn on the first switch, wait like an hour. Then, turn off the first switch and turn on the second.

Go back into the bulb room. Whichever bulb is on corresponds to the 2nd switch. Whichever bulb is off, but hot, goes with the 1st switch. The last bulb will be off, but cold, and it will go with the switch you never messed with?

thats exactly what i suggested (with a double meaning)

i'm more of a Leno fan but I sympathize w/ Conan too. I think they should cancel all of them and do new episodes of Seinfeld and Fresh Prince

Lame, Blake Griffin is having season-ending surgery. What is it with number one overall pick big men and injuries lately? (Oden, Yao, Griffin...)

I'm glad I didn't try and steal Griffin with a trade earlier.

Lame, Blake Griffin is having season-ending surgery. What is it with number one overall pick big men and injuries lately? (Oden, Yao, Griffin...)

I'm glad I didn't try and steal Griffin with a trade earlier.

yea, shame.

dwights still good but he hasn't improved from last year

Yeah, he was already pretty good, but I'm still looking for his "new and improved post game" that everyone was saying he was going to spend all summer working on.

:laugh: he has a lot of potential, somehow i always get stuck watching magic games but he's missing 2 things

post-defense. he has great help D and obviously a great shot blocker, but he lets the opposing big men get position in the middle and sometimes gives up easy scores.

post-moves. the obvious + it would be nice if he could get his range up just a little bit.

i had him at the 2nd best player in the league before the beginning of the last season and he went on to do really well. but right now, i dont know if he's top 5, maybe not even top 10 if you compare him to the way dirk and carmelo were playing. id still start a team around him though.

did you hear the lakers were thinking of trading bynum for bosh?

:laugh: he has a lot of potential, somehow i always get stuck watching magic games but he's missing 2 things

post-defense. he has great help D and obviously a great shot blocker, but he lets the opposing big men get position in the middle and sometimes gives up easy scores.

post-moves. the obvious + it would be nice if he could get his range up just a little bit.

i had him at the 2nd best player in the league before the beginning of the last season and he went on to do really well. but right now, i dont know if he's top 5, maybe not even top 10 if you compare him to the way dirk and carmelo were playing. id still start a team around him though.

did you hear the lakers were thinking of trading bynum for bosh?

Hmmm... lately I think he's played better, so he's almost certainly top 10 I think... let's see, no particular order: LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, Carmelo, Wade... those five are definitely better, today I think, then maybe you can argue Howard in the same group with Duncan, Nash, Paul, Deron, KG, Pierce...

He's probably top 10. I can move into the top 5 if he keeps playing like he has over the last couple of weeks.

I've heard about those trade rumors. If the Lakers can make it happen, I think they need to; Bynum might have the potential to be better, but he might never get there, and Bosh doesn't have the same injury worries. And I definitely think that health has to be the Lakers' number one concern because they're talented but they're not deep. Nobody's beating a healthy team of Kobe/Artest/Odom/Gasol/Bosh.

What degree are you getting?
MS in applied anatomy. :D

I only interviewed at Case out of this bunch. Touchy feely Tuesdays FTW.
Damn right!

:laugh:

i wasnt a fan of TFT, or atleast the topic of discourse
I don't think you're supposed to be a fan of it, so much as be motivated/coerced/forced to at least think once about whatever's being discussed, even if it's outside of your comfort zone.

neato! have you started the coursework for it yet? how is it? that looks like a crazy yet awesome program.
Yeah, finished up histology before break and have just started my first weak of the MS version of gross anatomy. Very well-structured, more class time to play with.

And they let me use a shop vacuum to empty fluid from the pleural cavities. How cool is that??:D

And, oh, yeah, I got to use a bone saw today.:cool:

Downside? The smell of gross lab lingers in the spaces between my every waking moments.

wow, the casualty numbers for Haiti earthquake is crazy
I heard about that last night. That's really, really tragic. :(

hey, if you guys work for a company or know of a company or organization that matches donations, please let me know and my friends and i will gladly paypal/send money to that effort so we can be more efficient

Yeah, finished up histology before break and have just started my first weak of the MS version of gross anatomy. Very well-structured, more class time to play with.

And they let me use a shop vacuum to empty fluid from the pleural cavities. How cool is that??:D

And, oh, yeah, I got to use a bone saw today.:cool:

Downside? The smell of gross lab lingers in the spaces between my every waking moments.

my goodness. that sounds like such a fun time :laugh: