Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, weird.

I agreed with you when you said he wasn't one this year. However, I really don't think you can say he'll never become one, especially if he starts playing better defense (1) and goes to a winning team (2).

(1) a big if. now Monta has been in the league for 5 years and he's only like 23. However, he is already averaging 42 minutes per game and has no sign of defense. If he stays in that team, he definitely won't be playing any, which leads to

(2) Monta is signed until 2013 with a player option for 2014. In each of those years, he is making $11 million dollars. No winning team will sign him for that much money and give him that much playing time. If he does somehow go to a team like that his minutes will drop and since he's a volume shooter so will his points

Members don't see this ad :)
I agreed with you when you said he wasn't one this year. However, I really don't think you can say he'll never become one, especially if he starts playing better defense and goes to a winning team.

Haha it might have been a little hyperbole :p

But seriously, I could totally see him being someone like Mike Bibby: someone everyone recognizes as pretty good, but always falling in the range of being somewhere around the 7-10th best guard in his conference every year (since they can take a max of 6 guards). Especially in the West, where there's just so much talent. He's solidly stuck behind Paul, Kobe, Roy, Deron Williams, and soon enough, Tyreke Evans for sure for the foreseeable future. I can't see him passing any of those guys, and then not only does he have to be better than the likes of Nash, Parker, Mayo, Billups, and Westbrook every year, and god forbid John Wall wind up in the West, but he ALSO has to prove that he's worth bringing a 6th guard instead of a 5th forward or 3rd center.

So he's a pretty good player, I just think there's maybe a 75% chance he's always stuck on the outside looking in.

im just saying, when you sign some one like that and give him that much money it just brings problem to that franchise. **** allan houston eque players, he's a nice guy but he killed my team for 15 years. they def weren't a match for the spurs though, but i loved that season. probably the best playoff basketball ever

And here I was thinking you did it out of the goodness of your heart :(

I usually keep that stuff between friends, so don't consider yourself slighted :) But for the record, ksmi got me an awesome birthday card last year, and for Christmas she got me "Enchanted" so that I can go back and watch it again since I was too tipsy to remember it when we watched it :laugh: Not to mention some awesome CDs too.

Yeah, I'm awesome. I know. :cool:

Well that's just not nice.

Haha, there's no way to win Spursy.

Takes too many shots.

It's my one hope for the rest of the cycle. :D

exactly. volume shooter on a ****ty ass team.

at least Kevin Durant has improved his all around game every year and his team has improved

i like anthony randolph, he's aigh

So I have to go to class from 7:30am until 3pm tomorrow. :eek:

I have to choose a Bio class for the rest of the semester. Unfortunately, out of the 5 classes tomorrow I will have missed the first day for 3 of them.

My choices will be Virology at 7:30am, Comparative Animal Physiology at 9am (with paper :thumbdown:), or Microbial Physiology at 10:30am (probably no paper). Decisions...

Members don't see this ad :)
(1) a big if. now Monta has been in the league for 5 years and he's only like 23. However, he is already averaging 42 minutes per game and has no sign of defense. If he stays in that team, he definitely won't be playing any, which leads to

(2) Monta is signed until 2013 with a player option for 2014. In each of those years, he is making $11 million dollars. No winning team will sign him for that much money and give him that much playing time. If he does somehow go to a team like that his minutes will drop and since he's a volume shooter so will his points

A couple things:

While Monta needs to step up his D in some aspects (and if he wants to become an allstar), it's a stretch to say he hasn't shown "any sign" of defense. He is second in the league in steals.

Yeah, his points might go down if he goes to a good team. However: Have you seen how he can get to the basket? I doubt you guys have seen many dubs games this season. Some of the ways he can score are ridiculous. Also, his FG % is actually pretty good, ahead of guys like Odom, Wade, Chauncey, Arenas, etc.

Haha it might have been a little hyperbole :p

But seriously, I could totally see him being someone like Mike Bibby: someone everyone recognizes as pretty good, but always falling in the range of being somewhere around the 7-10th best guard in his conference every year (since they can take a max of 6 guards). Especially in the West, where there's just so much talent. He's solidly stuck behind Paul, Kobe, Roy, Deron Williams, and soon enough, Tyreke Evans for sure for the foreseeable future. I can't see him passing any of those guys, and then not only does he have to be better than the likes of Nash, Parker, Mayo, Billups, and Westbrook every year, and god forbid John Wall wind up in the West, but he ALSO has to prove that he's worth bringing a 6th guard instead of a 5th forward or 3rd center.

So he's a pretty good player, I just think there's maybe a 75% chance he's always stuck on the outside looking in.

I mostly agree with this.

Last edited:
So I have to go to class from 7:30am until 3pm tomorrow. :eek:

I have to choose a Bio class for the rest of the semester. Unfortunately, out of the 5 classes tomorrow I will have missed the first day for 3 of them.

My choices will be Virology at 7:30am, Comparative Animal Physiology at 9am (with paper :thumbdown:), or Microbial Physiology at 10:30am (probably no paper). Decisions...

I'm taking something similar to this.

Game of basketball is 118 years old today. :thumbup: Derived from a game called "duck on a rock." First game was won by a score of 1-0. :laugh:

The dubs are so banged up they are playing with 4 of their starters, Devean George, and 3 d-leaguers. :laugh:

(Still beating Denver at the moment.)

Brooklyn, I hate you. You're not even doing anything with fantasy and you're still kicking my ass. I figured it would balance out by today, but I guess not. Maybe I'll pick it up by Saturday.

+1.

I went to a 2 hour lecture today since I was already on campus for other crap. aaaaaaaaaaaand it was horrible:scared:.

i went to a seminar on tuesday that i was interested in and slept after the first 10 minutes. i wish sleeping was that easy at home

don't do it, man!

...or is there a reason you have to take this many classes?

I only have to take 4 classes this semester. But I have to choose what I think will be the best Bio class for me tomorrow. There's no way of finding out without going to all of them.

19 hours? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah, right. I haven't taken any more than 15.

I think I'm taking 14 units. I could pick up a chemistry minor if I take 18. Whatcha guys think?

more time to enjoy your last semester of college > any possible benefit of a minor

Gosh, Warriors lost again. I'm so angry. Now I have to go to bed all angry.:mad: