Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
morrrrrrrrrrrrnin

time to go ski before work ! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
morning all.
mmm donuts are a nutritious breakfast food :p

ps jackson....orthodontist? did you at least get to have those clear/invisible ones?

yay skiing was fun. then as i was walking back to the hospital, this lady with cute dogs was talking to me, and told me i should go save a lot of people. she was so excited that i couldn't let her down and say, sorry won't be happening.. so i said yes. now who am i going to save?

I want a personal trainer. And I want someone to make me stop eating when I need to even if I'm stressed. I was way stressed last night and ate waaaaayyy too much. At least I worked off a bit of it at the gym, but I still feel terrible about it. I need more self-control. :(

I want a personal trainer. And I want someone to make me stop eating when I need to even if I'm stressed. I was way stressed last night and ate waaaaayyy too much. At least I worked off a bit of it at the gym, but I still feel terrible about it. I need more self-control. :(

Well at least you didn't bake 2.5 batches of cookies like I did.:oops: I need to feed them to others before I consume the remaining 30 or so myself. :(

yea someone died

Say what?! :eek: Care to tell more?

I totally understand! Personal trainers make me accountable to my workout schedule. Also, you should check this website out: www.fitday.com. This website helps me hold myself accountable to my diet. You can setup your own (free) diet/exercise log and fitness/weight loss goals, and it will tell you how many calories you can eat per day and will keep track of your calorie intake and how many calories you burn with exercise. I just discovered it, and it's pretty awesome.

well, christian got this patient that had scars on his neck because he tried to hang himself to cut off blood to the head so he can have a more pleasurably intimate moment with himself. so christian tried to do that but he just blacked out from choking. after he wakes up he realizes he's not good enough for kimber or thats what he says so he dumps her. and then kimber goes on mario lopez boat. well and then someone jumps.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, christian got this patient that had scars on his neck because he tried to hang himself to cut off blood to the head so he can have a more pleasurably intimate moment with himself. so christian tried to do that but he just blacked out from choking. after he wakes up he realizes he's not good enough for kimber or thats what he says so he dumps her. and then kimber goes on mario lopez boat. well and then someone jumps.

Who jumps?!

Ha I ate like half a bag of chips last night :p

It's a continuum. As long as you're good most of the time, you don't have to feel bad about your couple of indulgences. :) What could be so stressful just 3 days into the semester, though?

how has no one laughed at this yet? :laugh:

lol, totally missed that.

Good morning everyone!

morrrrrrrrrrrrnin

time to go ski before work ! :)

Hey guys.

A really good strategy I usually follow is just to not buy unhealthy-ish stuff so it's not tempting. I feel like I can eat whatever I want in my apartment because it's all relatively healthy.

A really good strategy I usually follow is just to not buy unhealthy-ish stuff so it's not tempting. I feel like I can eat whatever I want in my apartment because it's all relatively healthy.

You know, my trainer suggested something really handy to me last night: shop on the "outside" of the grocery store, meaning that all the good stuff for you lines the outer circle of the store (produce, meat, dairy, etc.).

Ha I ate like half a bag of chips last night :p

It's a continuum. As long as you're good most of the time, you don't have to feel bad about your couple of indulgences. :) What could be so stressful just 3 days into the semester, though?

Don't ask. My life is a continuum of stress.

Yeah, but king cake is too good not to have!! At least those will be gone in a month.

You know, my trainer suggested something really handy to me last night: shop on the "outside" of the grocery store, meaning that all the good stuff for you lines the outer circle of the store (produce, meat, dairy, etc.).

That's not a bad suggestion. Although that implies doing real cooking every night, so that's a bit of a stretch for me (at least to shop only in that area). I'm also a pretty big Costco fan, which can be dangerous if you are trying to buy healthy food only. It's do-able, though.

i agree! i'm also a fan of frozen fruit, since it's faster to make smoothies that way :). and you couldn't pry me away from the cereal isle.

i agree! i'm also a fan of frozen fruit, since it's faster to make smoothies that way :). and you couldn't pry me away from the cereal isle.

Haha, I know! I love me some cereal, and when he said that to me, the first thing I thought was, "But what about the cereal?"

I figured I should chime in for this one:

CLASS OF 2014 HOPE LIST
metallica: Baylor/Vanderbilt
Taty: Emory/Duke
lstone: Vanderbilt :)
Elijah: UCLA
jackson: Dartmouth
guyski: Columbia
BlueElmo: UCSD (pre-interview), Ohio State (after interview)
dw2158: Harvard
Brookeshields: Cleveland Clinic
Jolt: Harvard
rockaction: Vanderbilt/Pitt
CielloStelatto: Michigan
Zona: Rochester
JJ: UCSF/UCLA
sdguy: UCD/NYMC/VTC
ksmi117: $ from Vandy/WashU
Pediatrician: OSU :love: / NYU ;)
Brysõn17:Cleveland Clinic/$

morning all.

ps jackson....orthodontist? did you at least get to have those clear/invisible ones?

haha unfortunately no. they're just on the bottom though luckily. my orthodontist/neighbor decided they were gonna be my graduation present cuz he was mad they moved since i got my braces off in high school lol... so it's pretty awesome that he's doing it for free:) and i should hopefully get them off in a couple months before med school starts.

Wooo healthy food talk! I ate a whole bag of kettle popcorn in 1 day. Not the kind you pop in the microwave. NO the big bags that are like a bag of Chips. SO GOOD!

To make up for it, today I had carrots and hummus for breakfast. XD

Also: I got an interview invite from Rosalind Franklin today. I'm thinking I should withdraw.... What do you guys think?

EDIT: What's that hope list for?

morning all.

mmmm donuts :love:
donut.jpg

Last edited:
Wooo healthy food talk! I ate a whole bag of kettle popcorn in 1 day. Not the kind you pop in the microwave. NO the big bags that are like a bag of Chips. SO GOOD!

Also: I got an interview invite from Rosalind Franklin today. I'm thinking I should withdraw.... What do you guys think?

Morning everyone!

On Rosalind Franklin, I was so turned off by the A/B/C/D/F grading system that I didn't apply.

Maybe that's less of a concern to you though.

yea if you arent interested in them, id just withdraw. the hope list is for schools that you interview at and are hoping to get in or etc

how about that john edwards. now he says he has a 2 year old with a side chick. he also has a new girl apparently, and shes pretty hot

yumm ketttle corn! and hummus too, i love hummus w cucumbers and orange peppers.

do you think you'd like rosalind franklin better than any of the schools you're already accepted at? if not, i'd withdraw.

the hope list is the one school we'd love to get into the rest of the cycle. we made a list so we can send everyone positive vibes for their school! or if you're like ksmi and already in everywhere you want to be, you can just wish for $ from a particular school.

yea if you arent interested in them, id just withdraw. the hope list is for schools that you interview at and are hoping to get in or etc

Yep, the hope list was created basically as the one (or two) things you're really hoping for right now in the application season. For instance, I am really hoping to get into Vanderbilt. The point of this list is so that we can send positive thoughts to others and hope they also get what they want!

how about that john edwards. now he says he has a 2 year old with a side chick. he also has a new girl apparently, and shes pretty hot

Seriously though, when will politicians realize that if you're going to cheat, A) you'll probably get caught, and B) getting caught will end your political career.

Seriously though, when will politicians realize that if you're going to cheat, A) you'll probably get caught, and B) getting caught will end your political career.
Yes, but only because the American public is more concerned with whats going on in the bedroom than anything else. So lame. :rolleyes:

CLASS OF 2014 HOPE LIST
Luun: EVMS/Penn

Last edited:

Well, if you handle the situation like Edwards did, then yes, it will end your political career.

Yes, but only because the American public is more concerned with whats going on in the bedroom than anything else. So lame. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily so, Hoody. In my opinion, such affairs contribute to the overall perceived character of a particular politician. That type of behavior is outed and viewed very negatively because it is identified with the person's perspective on responsibility and integrity, both of which qualities overlap in the political sphere.

Well, if you handle the situation like Edwards did, then yes, it will end your political career.

Yeah, it's almost a death sentence for anyone's political career.

Elliot Spitzer, anyone?

I believe that Monica Lewinsky was the final blow (no pun intended) that sunk Al Gore in 2000. (Clinton had to distance himself entirely from that campaign).

Oh how different the last 10 years might have been...

personally, if a politician is getting **** done and times are good, i'm more than fine with them planting seeds

elliot spitzer was kinda into hookers though. which are illegal i think

how about that mcgreevy

Not necessarily so, Hoody. In my opinion, such affairs contribute to the overall perceived character of a particular politician. That type of behavior is outed and viewed very negatively because it is identified with the person's perspective on responsibility and integrity, both of which qualities overlap in the political sphere.

Yeah, it's almost a death sentence for anyone's political career.

Elliot Spitzer, anyone?

I believe that Monica Lewinsky was the final blow (no pun intended) that sunk Al Gore in 2000. (Clinton had to distance himself entirely from that campaign).

Oh how different the last 10 years might have been...

So I know this is just being lazy, but can anyone fill me in on what's going on...or point me to a good link/news source? From the gist I get Edwards cheated and stuff, but what is this about how he's handling it that makes it a death sentence?

EDIT: Brooklyn, I LOVE your avatar. :D

I can respect that. I'm guessing most/more people agree with you, tho I agree with Brooky and Pedie.

I suppose I'm still a little bitter about Clinton getting impeached for lying about having sex while Bush was never impeached for lying about....well just about everything. :(

CLASS OF 2014 HOPE LIST
Luun: EVMS/Penn[/QUOTE]