-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by IndianVercetti
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey, so you guys are all pretty sporty....can I ask you a sports gambling question?
Can someone explain to me, in plain English, what the heck "the spread" is?? I know so little about gambling and statistics that even the wiki article made my sad little head spin🙂
Also....this thread is slipping down the front page. Give it some love, people!
Can someone explain to me, in plain English, what the heck "the spread" is?? I know so little about gambling and statistics that even the wiki article made my sad little head spin🙂
Also....this thread is slipping down the front page. Give it some love, people!
I think the spread is the difference between the winning and losing scores, cougs.
I'm guessing people are sleeping in from their Halloween festivities.
I'm guessing people are sleeping in from their Halloween festivities.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would it be lame if I already bought a college sweatshirt from a medical school that I got accepted to?
haha i bought a medical school hoody at a school i interviewed at.. but i have other connections to the school so i will still rock it even if i don't get in
basically, when you gamble, the favored team winning isn't enough for you to get your money if you bet on them. They also have to "beat the spread." This is a specific number of points that the better team has to beat the other team by.Hey, so you guys are all pretty sporty....can I ask you a sports gambling question?
Can someone explain to me, in plain English, what the heck "the spread" is?? I know so little about gambling and statistics that even the wiki article made my sad little head spin🙂
Also....this thread is slipping down the front page. Give it some love, people!
For example: todays charger vs. titan spread is 3.5 points and the Chargers are the favorite.
So, if you bet on the Chargers:
You subtract 3.5 points from their final score. If this "adjusted" number of points is still greater than the Titans total (without any change) then you win.
If you bet on the Titans (not the favorite):
You add 3.5 points to the Titans final score. If this "adjusted" total is more than the Chargers then you win.
Example:
Final score 14-17
Chargers Win by 3 points in the actual game
However, if you bet on the Chargers, after you subtract 3.5 points the new score is 14 - 13.5. So if you bet on the Chargers then you lose, because you didn't "beat the spread."
Edit: this is equivalent to me racing my 8 year old son. I give him a 10 second head start before I begin 🙂
why are the panthers/rams and the cowboys/jags games the only options i have right now? terrible.
SF/Denver over here... poor london fans 👎. Didn't start getting good until the fourth quarter.why are the panthers/rams and the cowboys/jags games the only options i have right now? terrible.
6 week win streak in fantasy football. yes, i'm a nerd.
yesh!!
Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
congratulations man, that is so awesome!! your family must be ecstatic!
Hell yeah! Congrats!!! 😀😀😀😀Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
If you pay for the facial I'll send you the pics k thx
what movie should i be drinking the milk during? I think it should be a cheesy comedy
I could totally work with this arrangement. The movie is up to you.
Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
AHHH Congratulations! SO happy for you!!! 😀😀
my gf and parents were ecstatic... my son was like: "are you ready to take me trick-or-treating yet?"congratulations man, that is so awesome!! your family must be ecstatic!
Now I've gotta go take him.Thanks fellas!
edit: and thanks whimsy!!
hell yeah rhino!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, rhino! That's awesome news.
I wanted to buy some swag from the med school I got into, but mostly to give to my letter writers (one specifically asked for a coffee cup from wherever I ended up going). I was very sad to find that since it is a relatively new school, there is no swag to be had. 🙁 At least not online.
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
Dude, I am so happy for you; you totally deserve it!!!!
Wow that's so great, rhino! Congrats big time!
I am exhausted from my weekend. I spent the whole day watching tv with the bf and drifting in and out of sleep. The fun was totally worth the drain of my energy though 🙂
I am exhausted from my weekend. I spent the whole day watching tv with the bf and drifting in and out of sleep. The fun was totally worth the drain of my energy though 🙂
Alright...I am officially the mean old lady on the block.
I left out a bowl of full sized (yes...FULL SIZED) candy bars on my porch.
A group of 6 kids came by and took all but 4 of them. And they only left those because my dog started violently barking at them and then pushed against the front door and it opened so they were staring at each other face to face.
I don't know who was more shocked...the kids or my dog. But they all froze. I slammed the door shut because she didn't have a collar on (had just given her a bath) and the kids ran off.
Leaving 4 candy bars.
Bastards.
I brought the bowl back inside on the off chance I get more trick-or-treaters. I want to be able to actually give them something.
I left out a bowl of full sized (yes...FULL SIZED) candy bars on my porch.
A group of 6 kids came by and took all but 4 of them. And they only left those because my dog started violently barking at them and then pushed against the front door and it opened so they were staring at each other face to face.
I don't know who was more shocked...the kids or my dog. But they all froze. I slammed the door shut because she didn't have a collar on (had just given her a bath) and the kids ran off.
Leaving 4 candy bars.
Bastards.
I brought the bowl back inside on the off chance I get more trick-or-treaters. I want to be able to actually give them something.
😆Alright...I am officially the mean old lady on the block.
I left out a bowl of full sized (yes...FULL SIZED) candy bars on my porch.
A group of 6 kids came by and took all but 4 of them. And they only left those because my dog started violently barking at them and then pushed against the front door and it opened so they were staring at each other face to face.
I don't know who was more shocked...the kids or my dog. But they all froze. I slammed the door shut because she didn't have a collar on (had just given her a bath) and the kids ran off.
Leaving 4 candy bars.
Bastards.
I brought the bowl back inside on the off chance I get more trick-or-treaters. I want to be able to actually give them something.
Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
Congrats!!!!!
(This example demonstrates the tragedy of the commons... in other words, public goods are either grossly overconsumed or lead to strict rationing)Alright...I am officially the mean old lady on the block.
I left out a bowl of full sized (yes...FULL SIZED) candy bars on my porch.
A group of 6 kids came by and took all but 4 of them. And they only left those because my dog started violently barking at them and then pushed against the front door and it opened so they were staring at each other face to face.
I don't know who was more shocked...the kids or my dog. But they all froze. I slammed the door shut because she didn't have a collar on (had just given her a bath) and the kids ran off.
Leaving 4 candy bars.
Bastards.
I brought the bowl back inside on the off chance I get more trick-or-treaters. I want to be able to actually give them something.
Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
Congrats!!

It is an awesome feeling when everything falls into place.
Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
Eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS, rHinO!!!! I am so happy for you guys!
No more trick-or-treaters have come....so now I feel like a jerk.
And now I am stuck with 4 full sized candy bars.
And now I am stuck with 4 full sized candy bars.
And now I am stuck with 4 full sized candy bars.
Sounds great to me! We hardly ever get trick or treaters but you of course must buy candy just in case. And then eat a bunch of it later.
Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
Congrats!!!! So awesome 👍
Just got THE call... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!
UC Irvine 2015!!! 👍👍
I can't put into words how awesome this school is for my family and I 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I was supposed to fly out to UVM tomorrow at 6:30 am! Daddy's gonna sleep in now!
Oh man, I come back to check in with you guys in the thread and this is the news I get to hear! AWESOMENESS! CONGRATULATIONS RHINO!
Alright...I am officially the mean old lady on the block.
I left out a bowl of full sized (yes...FULL SIZED) candy bars on my porch.
A group of 6 kids came by and took all but 4 of them. And they only left those because my dog started violently barking at them and then pushed against the front door and it opened so they were staring at each other face to face.
I don't know who was more shocked...the kids or my dog. But they all froze. I slammed the door shut because she didn't have a collar on (had just given her a bath) and the kids ran off.
Leaving 4 candy bars.
Bastards.
I brought the bowl back inside on the off chance I get more trick-or-treaters. I want to be able to actually give them something.
That's absolutely ridiculous! Don't worry, karma will come bite them in the butt. One of their friends will probably just eat up more than their fair share of candy.
congrats Rhino!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS RHINO wow man so happy for you, especially knowing how much you wanted it! you're gonna be an amazing doc!!
you know whats funny, Cougs....i used to be one of those kids :X
you know whats funny, Cougs....i used to be one of those kids :X
who's still waiting for the golden ticket? we'll send happy thoughts your way.
who's still waiting for the golden ticket? we'll send happy thoughts your way.
I'm still waiting for the bronze, silver, and golden ticket. can you help me out? 😀
Moi.
Thank you Bleargh, Jaxasp, Flow, Whimsical, Cliff, Courtnes, Cougs, Daisy, Kip, Bookfreak, Geekmama, Ducky (awesome win over USC btw), Asyouwereatrio, Longshanks, BWSTW, and Baller 🙂🙂 . Saying "everyone" just sounded too impersonal.
I took off work today, because I was supposed to be traveling to another interview (which I canceled), so it worked out that I can relax and enjoy the best holiday ever: post-acceptance day.
I hope everyone else is having an awesome day too, and I want some of these schools get off their keisters and send out more good news to everyone!
I took off work today, because I was supposed to be traveling to another interview (which I canceled), so it worked out that I can relax and enjoy the best holiday ever: post-acceptance day.
I hope everyone else is having an awesome day too, and I want some of these schools get off their keisters and send out more good news to everyone!
Moi.
GC, I hope we're interviewing at Drexel on the same day. That would be AWESOME. 😛
Thank you Bleargh, Jaxasp, Flow, Whimsical, Cliff, Courtnes, Cougs, Daisy, Kip, Bookfreak, Geekmama, Ducky (awesome win over USC btw), Asyouwereatrio, Longshanks, BWSTW, and Baller 🙂🙂 . Saying "everyone" just sounded too impersonal.
I took off work today, because I was supposed to be traveling to another interview (which I canceled), so it worked out that I can relax and enjoy the best holiday ever: post-acceptance day.
I hope everyone else is having an awesome day too, and I want some of these schools get off their keisters and send out more good news to everyone!
Enjoy your day off Rhino! 🙂
Thank you Bleargh, Jaxasp, Flow, Whimsical, Cliff, Courtnes, Cougs, Daisy, Kip, Bookfreak, Geekmama, Ducky (awesome win over USC btw), Asyouwereatrio, Longshanks, BWSTW, and Baller 🙂🙂 . Saying "everyone" just sounded too impersonal.
I took off work today, because I was supposed to be traveling to another interview (which I canceled), so it worked out that I can relax and enjoy the best holiday ever: post-acceptance day.
I hope everyone else is having an awesome day too, and I want some of these schools get off their keisters and send out more good news to everyone!
CONGRATS, rHinO! I missed out on the original congratulations-train! 😛
i'm genuinely stoked for you random strangers. hopefully more good news for folks soon
Thank you Daisy... I appreciate that especially since I congratulated Ducky on Oregons win over USC 😀. I'll admit, during the Reggie Bush and Pete Carroll days I was a big fan (my undergrad has no football team). I even saw them in Hawaii once (since I was there on vacation anyway), and twice in the rosebowl game. Hopefully, they get back on track soon after this bowl ban ends.Enjoy your day off Rhino! 🙂
Thanks glasshalfMD 🙂CONGRATS, rHinO! I missed out on the original congratulations-train! 😛
Alas, we are not! My interview isn't until the beginning of December.GC, I hope we're interviewing at Drexel on the same day. That would be AWESOME. 😛
I'm not going to hear from Temple until at LEAST November 19th. Can I just say I SERIOUSLY hope I hear something from Penn in the interim? *Taps nails on desk*
so today, I opened up the mailbox to grab today's mail. I saw one HUGE white envelope stuffed in my mailbox and was like "omg! it could be from School X!" and then I looked at the sender...and it was from Touro Nevada....(not school X)
I barely know what the Touro system is...what the heck are they doing sending out huge fat envelopes AFTER 15 October!? Way to give some students false hope haha.
*womp womp*
I barely know what the Touro system is...what the heck are they doing sending out huge fat envelopes AFTER 15 October!? Way to give some students false hope haha.
*womp womp*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3rd decision, 3rd waitlist. i don't think i've ever felt this apathetic in my life
My fingers are
for a good news soon!second MD acceptance! 

asyouwereatrio -- i'm sure you will get the letter soon. The letter went to my parent's house in-state so I haven't even seen it yet (though I'm going home tomorrow for my TENTH interview. ahh!) My mom is trying to convince me to attend school X, so we might be going there together 😀


asyouwereatrio -- i'm sure you will get the letter soon. The letter went to my parent's house in-state so I haven't even seen it yet (though I'm going home tomorrow for my TENTH interview. ahh!) My mom is trying to convince me to attend school X, so we might be going there together 😀
Got the mail today. Thin envelope. Rejection. 🙁 At least they had the decency to send some correspondence instead of expecting me to check my online status to see the rejection (like one of my top picks).
Duckie and Jax, I am so sorry🙁 Again.....I am happy to provide my beating up services. For free, since I love you guys.
Yay tiger!!!!!! Major congrats!!!!!! that is so awesome to have choices, I am quite jealous🙂
Yay tiger!!!!!! Major congrats!!!!!! that is so awesome to have choices, I am quite jealous🙂
I'm jealous of myself! I still feel like the rejected little no-nothing from my first time applying two years ago and I can't quite believe that here I am, with choices for medical school! ahhhh.Yay tiger!!!!!! Major congrats!!!!!! that is so awesome to have choices, I am quite jealous🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592