Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
How does one get into the gchat fun?

There have been a plethora of terrible threads lately. And some A+ possible trolling.

does anyone else read this thread bottom-up
YES! I do....so weird you said that.
Scholarship offer today. :D :D :D
This, plus

:)

Fun fact, Chicklet thinks Ezio Auditore da Firenze is me, like she'll actually point at the TV and say it's "Mommy." I was playing Assassin's Creed 2 for a few weeks and now that the hubs is playing it she gets mad. He had him ride a horse and she was like, "No! That's Mommy's horse!" LOL!

And don't worry, I didn't do any assassination missions while she was awake. I DID, however, get every last piece of treasure, feather, and completed all sidequests. She mostly just liked to watch Ezio free run and ride the horses.
This, plus
This....= FULL OF WIN.

I really shouldn't have to do this, but....

bump.

Sun and I got moar interviewz today btw :D

I has interview now 2 :D
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!! So happy for you guys:) Yay:)

I think I am sick AGAIN....the throat is flaring up again. Can this please stop? I need a vacation.

Confession: Despite my love of video games, I've never played a Zelda game.
son-disappointing-am-disappoint-cat-12914870208.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PAKugEgSbI[/YOUTUBE]

Oh and, Congrats on the house Geeks! This weeks started out real good for you--wooot! :) *breaks out champagne*

Last edited:
this has got to be in the top three most memorable weeks of geek's life. well is it!?!

So a few things,

1. GRATS to Daisy/Sun on those FAU invites (saw the thread).

2. I have just received, shocking, unexpected news. I was rejected from Haaavad :laugh:. They surprisingly had one of the most pleasantly written rejection letters I've received thus far. I was half expecting to find a letter smeared with poop and just one sentence written: "This is what we thought of your application."

3. Cornell has decided apparently to give out their acceptances in batches over the next few days (according to the class specific thread). The irony here is that as a result they'll have to accept more people this year due to all the stress-induced heart attacks killing those people they decided to hold off on accepting (myself included).

4. My girlfriend and I like spicy foods. We eat habanero salsa and love it. We were in the store shopping to make tacos and we stumbled upon the hot sauce aisle. We wanted to find a new, spicier hot sauce and we couldn't decide so we bought a few of them, including "Dave's Insanity Sauce." It claimed to be the "spiciest sauce in the universe" and naturally, my girlfriend and I were skeptical. Here's how this scenario went: (I'll bring back my screenwriting talents to come up with a little scene for you)

INT. RAFFLECOPTER'S APT - DAY

RAFFLECOPTER and RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND put the finishing touches on a nice HOME-COOKED MEAL. They chuck a few heated TORTILLAS onto their respective plates and scoop handfuls of ground turkey to start the TACOS.

A few handfuls of CHEESE and some SOUR CREAM later and the tacos are nearly complete. RAFFLECOPTER withdraws several bottles of hot sauce from a shopping bag.

RAFFLECOPTER: Which one should we start with beautiful?

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND stares at the bottles.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: Crappy Hot Sauce #1!

RAFFLECOPTER opens CRAPPY HOT SAUCE BOTTLE #1. The couple both pour it gingerly onto their first tacos.

RAFFLECOPTER takes a gentile BITE out of the taco and dons his serious thinking face. So does RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND. They look at each other.

RAFFLECOPTER: This one sucks.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: Yeah!

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: Let's try the other one.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND opens CRAPPY HOTSAUCE #2. She pours it onto her half-eaten taco. RAFFLECOPTER mimics her. They both take another bite. The thinking face returns.

RAFFLECOPTER: Weak. This wouldn't even burn if I rubbed it in my eyes.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: I could drink it out of the bottle. Let's try this Insanity Sauce.

RAFFLECOPTER opens the nearby bottle of DAVE'S INSANITY SAUCE. A closer look at the bottle reveals the inscription "The Original Hottest Sauce in the Universe." RAFFLECOPTER scoffs and douses his uneaten taco with the sauce. This time he takes an ENORMOUS BITE.

Uh-oh. RAFFLECOPTER'S face transforms from annoyance to SHEER TERROR as waves of FIERY SENSATIONS wash over his mouth. He turns to DAVE'S GIRLFRIEND to warn her.

RAFFLECOPTER: Wai-NO!!!!

Too late. She takes an even bigger bite than he did. In an instant she shares the same terror as he. RAFFLECOPTER scrambles for the nearby water bottle and knocks it to the floor.

RAFFLECOPTER: OH GOD!

RAFFLECOPTER does not miss a beat. He snatches RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND'S SODA and chugs. It.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: I NEED THAT A**HOLE! DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE WATER?

RAFFLECOPTER, in a mad dash for the pantry, stumbles over a CHAIR and LANDS FACE FIRST ON THE FLOOR.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND:
YOU HAVE TO HURRY!

RAFFLECOPTER, with no concern for himself, makes a final leap for the pantry. He stumbles opening the door and grabs THREE WATER BOTTLES. He returns in an INSTANT.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND proceeds to chug a bottle. So does RAFFLECOPTER. They look at each other and the panic REALLY sets in.

RAFFLECOPTER: IT DIDN'T WORK!

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: DO YOU HAVE ANY MILK?!?

Suddenly, a glimmer of hope. RAFFLECOPTER embarks on another harrowing quest across his apartment. This time he's ready. He sees the chair coming. He grabs it with both hands and CHUCKS IT ACROSS THE ROOM. He flings open the FRIDGE and grabs a full bottle of NONFAT MILK.

He turns back on his return mission. The coast looks clear. Too clear. But he's willing to risk it. He HAS to! A few steps away from the table and he glances at the floor, JUST AS HE IS ABOUT TO TRIP OVER HIS TRASH CAN. With a NIMBLE SIDESTEP he avoids impending doom and makes it to the table.

The terrified couple take turns chugging the bottle of milk. After a few moments the pain washes away from their faces.

RAFFLECOPTER: That sauce is evil! It must be destroyed!

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: We must send it somewhere where it can never hurt anyone else again!!

EXT. ALLEY - DAY

A terrified couple approach a TRASH BIN. They both look left and right for
witnesses. The coast is clear...

RAFFLECOPTER looks down at the bottle.

RAFFLECOPTER: See you in hell!

RAFFLECOPTER chucks the bottle into the depths of the TRASH BIN.

RAFFLECOPTER and RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND walk off into the sunset holding hands.

BUT WAIT...

EXT. ALLEY - NIGHT

A homeless person scrambles down the alleyway and pauses at the TRASH BIN. He flips open the lid and starts to rummage through. Its not long before he withdraws THE INSANITY SAUCE BOTTLE. He reads the label carefully.

HOMELESS PERSON: "The Original Hottest Sauce in the Universe."
(pause)
Yeah, right.

The HOMELESS PERSON starts to unscrew the bottle.

THE END

So a few things,

2. I have just received, shocking, unexpected news. I was rejected from Haaavad :laugh:. They surprisingly had one of the most pleasantly written rejection letters I've received thus far. I was half expecting to find a letter smeared with poop and just one sentence written: "This is what we thought of your application."

3. Cornell has decided apparently to give out their acceptances in batches over the next few days (according to the class specific thread). The irony here is that as a result they'll have to accept more people this year due to all the stress-induced heart attacks killing those people they decided to hold off on accepting (myself included).

4. My girlfriend and I like spicy foods. We eat habanero salsa and love it. We were in the store shopping to make tacos and we stumbled upon the hot sauce aisle. We wanted to find a new, spicier hot sauce and we couldn't decide so we bought a few of them, including "Dave's Insanity Sauce." It claimed to be the "spiciest sauce in the universe" and naturally, my girlfriend and I were skeptical. Here's how this scenario went: (I'll bring back my screenwriting talents to come up with a little scene for you)

RAFFLECOPTER and RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND put the finishing touches on a nice HOME-COOKED MEAL. They chuck a few heated TORTILLAS onto their respective plates and scoop handfuls of ground turkey to start the TACOS.

A few handfuls of CHEESE and some SOUR CREAM later and the tacos are nearly complete. RAFFLECOPTER withdraws several bottles of hot sauce from a shopping bag.

RAFFLECOPTER opens CRAPPY HOT SAUCE BOTTLE #1. The couple both pour it gingerly onto their first tacos.

RAFFLECOPTER takes a gentile BITE out of the taco and dons his serious thinking face. So does RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND. They look at each other.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND opens CRAPPY HOTSAUCE #2. She pours it onto her half-eaten taco. RAFFLECOPTER mimics her. They both take another bite. The thinking face returns.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: I could drink it out of the bottle. Let's try this Insanity Sauce.

RAFFLECOPTER opens the nearby bottle of DAVE'S INSANITY SAUCE. A closer look at the bottle reveals the inscription "The Original Hottest Sauce in the Universe." RAFFLECOPTER scoffs and douses his uneaten taco with the sauce. This time he takes an ENORMOUS BITE.

Uh-oh. RAFFLECOPTER'S face transforms from annoyance to SHEER TERROR as waves of FIERY SENSATIONS wash over his mouth. He turns to DAVE'S GIRLFRIEND to warn her.

Too late. She takes an even bigger bite than he did. In an instant she shares the same terror as he. RAFFLECOPTER scrambles for the nearby water bottle and knocks it to the floor.

RAFFLECOPTER does not miss a beat. He snatches RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND'S SODA and chugs. It.

RAFFLECOPTER, in a mad dash for the pantry, stumbles over a CHAIR and LANDS FACE FIRST ON THE FLOOR.

YOU HAVE TO HURRY!

RAFFLECOPTER, with no concern for himself, makes a final leap for the pantry. He stumbles opening the door and grabs THREE WATER BOTTLES. He returns in an INSTANT.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND proceeds to chug a bottle. So does RAFFLECOPTER. They look at each other and the panic REALLY sets in.

Suddenly, a glimmer of hope. RAFFLECOPTER embarks on another harrowing quest across his apartment. This time he's ready. He sees the chair coming. He grabs it with both hands and CHUCKS IT ACROSS THE ROOM. He flings open the FRIDGE and grabs a full bottle of NONFAT MILK.

He turns back on his return mission. The coast looks clear. Too clear. But he's willing to risk it. He HAS to! A few steps away from the table and he glances at the floor, JUST AS HE IS ABOUT TO TRIP OVER HIS TRASH CAN. With a NIMBLE SIDESTEP he avoids impending doom and makes it to the table.

The terrified couple take turns chugging the bottle of milk. After a few moments the pain washes away from their faces.

RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND: We must send it somewhere where it can never hurt anyone else again!!

EXT. ALLEY - DAY

RAFFLECOPTER and RAFFLECOPTER'S GIRLFRIEND walk off into the sunset holding hands.

BUT WAIT...

EXT. ALLEY - NIGHT

A homeless person scrambles down the alleyway and pauses at the TRASH BIN. He flips open the lid and starts to rummage through. Its not long before he withdraws THE INSANITY SAUCE BOTTLE. He reads the label carefully.

(pause)
Yeah, right.

THE END
Best post ever 8)

/2015

Today I went to the brewery for $3 pints day. I had a pint of "Hop Head" (100IBU, 9.1%ABV) and then a pint of "Black Eye PA" (8.9%ABV). Then I went an judged an elementary school science fair.

One of the science fair projects was named "Jenna's wet and wild ride: a hurricane in the making"

I couldn't stop laughing. It was a good day.

Today I went to the brewery for $3 pints day. I had a pint of "Hop Head" (100IBU, 9.1%ABV) and then a pint of "Black Eye PA" (8.9%ABV). Then I went an judged an elementary school science fair.

One of the science fair projects was named "Jenna's wet and wild ride: a hurricane in the making"

Fantastic, good sir. :thumbup:

Somehow I picture Eric Cartman presenting that project.

Episode%201205%20Press%20Release.jpg

who wants to talk to chocolate milkey, happy whimsy?
i know you're all lining up for this experience....

this has got to be in the top three most memorable weeks of geek's life. well is it!?!

I definitely think so!

Raffle, I'm a spicy sauce wuss but one time I decided to try ONE dab of a sauce like that in a little bottle. I was crying and spitting and scraping at my tongue with my fingernails trying to make the taste go away. I love the story, but there needs to be a question mark at the end. THE END?

What better way to get ready for an interview than read SDN? Good morning, everyone. :)

[YOUTUBE]G5CZ58CBGtg[/YOUTUBE]

Also, this is pretty much how I feel about hot sauce. Specifically, Sriracha.

who wants to talk to chocolate milkey, happy whimsy?
i know you're all lining up for this experience....
i'm sorry i missed that.

i think i successfully reset my sleep pattern, either that, or i'm awake 9 AM for some other reason.

So a few things,

YOU HAVE TO HURRY!

EXT. ALLEY - DAY

BUT WAIT...

EXT. ALLEY - NIGHT

(pause)
Yeah, right.

THE END

:thumbup: :laugh: This is awesome. When I worked in IT there was a bet going between two of the guys I worked with. The younger, dumber guy, thought he could drink any hot sauce and not be affected by it. So, the older, wiser guy, went about searching for the perfect hot sauce. His weapon of choice was "Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally." After one chip loaded with this stuff the younger, dumber guy, had to race to the break room to find some milk. It was quite funny watching him pretend it wasn't hot and that his tongue didn't feel like someone ran over it. :D

It is listed as #6 on the Top 10 Hot sauce list.

Kitty can be disappoint! We just bought a house!

Congrats!!!

What's up, guys? :hello:

I've got my last day of work this Sunday. Peace out retail! So excited.

In other news, I'm still waiting for a decision from the school I interviewed at in November. I keep calling them, always get the same answer. :bang:

Congrats!!!

What's up, guys? :hello:

I've got my last day of work this Sunday. Peace out retail! So excited.

In other news, I'm still waiting for a decision from the school I interviewed at in November. I keep calling them, always get the same answer. :bang:

Ducky! I was JUST thinking about you like an hour ago. Too funny!

And really? That SUCKS! I'm going to PM you.