-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by IndianVercetti
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Awesome! I can only assume you liked it. Are you all caught up now? The BF finally watched the most recent season.Hi peeps! I have been MIA lately, but it's all Dexter's fault! I couldn't...stop... watching!
Awesome! I can only assume you liked it. Are you all caught up now? The BF finally watched the most recent season.
I love Dexter. After watching the first episode I was hooked! And yes, I'm finally all caught up, but now I'm sad, cuz I'm all caught up!
My husband has been home for the past month with shoulder probs/surgery and he has been watching Lost... the more he watches the more disgusted he gets by all the plot twists.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha! That's one thing I thought I wanted to do before med school started, but now I'm more of the why bother opinion. I have plenty of other guilty pleasure TV. 🙂I love Dexter. After watching the first episode I was hooked! And yes, I'm finally all caught up, but now I'm sad, cuz I'm all caught up!
My husband has been home for the past month with shoulder probs/surgery and he has been watching Lost... the more he watches the more disgusted he gets by all the plot twists.![]()
I can't wait for Dexter to start again, I'm always curious to see where they take the plot. I never thought they'd top the Trinity storyline, and even though this last season took me a long time to get into, it seemed equally as good as last season. The upcoming season looked like it's going to downtown f***town. Totally not as fun as everyone else's favorite town here.

Haha! That's one thing I thought I wanted to do before med school started, but now I'm more of the why bother opinion. I have plenty of other guilty pleasure TV. 🙂
I can't wait for Dexter to start again, I'm always curious to see where they take the plot. I never thought they'd top the Trinity storyline, and even though this last season took me a long time to get into, it seemed equally as good as last season. The upcoming season looked like it's going to downtown f***town. Totally not as fun as everyone else's favorite town here.![]()
I know, I'm anxiously awaiting season 6. I agree about the Trinity storyline. It was pretty intense. I haven't checked out the upcoming season yet. I saw an article or something about the new season, but I wasn't done with 5 yet so I avoided reading it! But now I might have to go check it out!

Oooh, share?I know, I'm anxiously awaiting season 6. I agree about the Trinity storyline. It was pretty intense. I haven't checked out the upcoming season yet. I saw an article or something about the new season, but I wasn't done with 5 yet so I avoided reading it! But now I might have to go check it out!![]()
Yeah, link that up!
I looooove Dexter. Also, him beating the hell out of the abusive stepdad this past season was one of the greatest 2 minutes of television I think I've ever seen. "By the way, that's your kidney."
I looooove Dexter. Also, him beating the hell out of the abusive stepdad this past season was one of the greatest 2 minutes of television I think I've ever seen. "By the way, that's your kidney."
Yeah, that was intense. Whew!
This thread is kind of quiet. Methinks it's Mad Libs time.
well..? Lead the way!
The rejections are starting to pick up pace :_(
I really hope bleargh's alive.
I'm guessing he's either out celebrating or is sleeping in and not caring because he already has a phat acceptance in his pocket.
I would probably break into PF Changs right now if I didn't have to make my own spring roll. how can someone be this hungry.
I'm guessing he's either out celebrating or is sleeping in and not caring because he already has a phat acceptance in his pocket.
I would probably break into PF Changs right now if I didn't have to make my own spring roll. how can someone be this hungry.
Pee on a stick! 
well..? Lead the way!
The rejections are starting to pick up pace :_(
Sorry to hear that, Sun!
Pee on a stick!![]()
That is definitely
The way I judge if something is good or not is by how long it sits on my DVR combined with how busy I am. I was watching a TON of TV last year an House episodes would pile up on the DVR because I just wasn't interested in seeing them. This year, I am super busy and maybe watching 30 mins of TV a day and House is one of the first things I watch.I disagree. Last season was an excellent opener and closer with enough movement in different characters to explain their current positions. The last two episodes of last season are probably one of the most infamous because it deals with one of the most profoundly important moments in "House" that we've dealt with. It gave us House sacrificing himself/being unselfish and almost getting nothing for it until the send when he gets Cuddy. I only hope people remember that. Last two episodes of last season = win.
+1o hai late-cycle interview invite
HIMYM to me is both hilarious and makes me wonder if I didn't squander my twenties. 🙄
I feel like I've been rickrolled.
Dexter! I knew I forgot a show🙂 Also, HI!🙂Hi peeps! I have been MIA lately, but it's all Dexter's fault! I couldn't...stop... watching!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Archer! How did I forget that in the list
And thanks Sun....instead of going back to sleep now I'm enjoying exploits of the wee baby Seamus.
And thanks Sun....instead of going back to sleep now I'm enjoying exploits of the wee baby Seamus.
i live! just less busy so less procrastinating on sdn
And.....rejection.
🙁And.....rejection.
🙁 Sorry, Cougs!
It's ok....I actually thought I had been rejected from that school already😳
Thank you everyone for your advice yesterday about movie/tv show selections for Netflix. I'll queue a lot of those up after I get thru my early seasons of NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc. Haha...I'm SO EXCITED for Netflix!
at the risk of further embarrassing myself, is it bad that I mentally broke out into song when I typed out "I'm SO EXCITED" and finished it off with "and I just can't hide it..."?
at the risk of further embarrassing myself, is it bad that I mentally broke out into song when I typed out "I'm SO EXCITED" and finished it off with "and I just can't hide it..."?
Your avatar is freaking me out.Thank you everyone for your advice yesterday about movie/tv show selections for Netflix. I'll queue a lot of those up after I get thru my early seasons of NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc. Haha...I'm SO EXCITED for Netflix!
at the risk of further embarrassing myself, is it bad that I mentally broke out into song when I typed out "I'm SO EXCITED" and finished it off with "and I just can't hide it..."?
And I love that song🙂
someone just called me from the baton rouge area. I am definitely not waiting to hear from any schools in that location. ugh, wtf.
has anyone else developed a major aversion to answering unknown numbers?
I generally don't answer any number I can't quickly guess who it might be. The last few times, they've been those automatic phishing calls, so.
And.....rejection.
Did the admissions committee sympathize with your disappointment?
Waitlistttt =\ more waaaiting.
And.....rejection.
🙁
Waitlistttt =\ more waaaiting.
🙁
Did the admissions committee sympathize with your disappointment?
teehee. I feel kinda bad for the OP of that thread. I just think he found his rejection letter slighting amusing and 🙄-worthy, and the thread has gone a little crazy.
So tonight for my friend's birthday we're going out to play lasertag! I'm so excited, I don't think I've gone since I was in 6th grade or something.
Have fun!
umm im not sure if you were a regular member of this thread when I posted my laser tag story, but the moral of it was: watch out for kindergarteners/mob violence 👎
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10267995&postcount=23247
eta: ew. am I "that guy" who only has one story and so he tells it over and over whenever anything slightly related to it comes up? plzgodno. im sorry! i can change my ways!
umm im not sure if you were a regular member of this thread when I posted my laser tag story, but the moral of it was: watch out for kindergarteners/mob violence 👎
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10267995&postcount=23247
eta: ew. am I "that guy" who only has one story and so he tells it over and over whenever anything slightly related to it comes up? plzgodno. im sorry! i can change my ways!
Last edited:
teehee. I feel kinda bad for the OP of that thread. I just think he found his rejection letter slighting amusing and 🙄-worthy, and the thread has gone a little crazy.
seriously, people can't take a joke in there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
....no excuses, but its kinda a stressful time.seriously, people can't take a joke in there.
I'm freaking out about circumcision and on any other day, I wouldn't even care at all.

I cant figure out how to embed video's yet 🙂(), but I got a kick out of this...Orthopaedics vs Anaesthesia..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0S5EN7-RtI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0S5EN7-RtI
I cant figure out how to embed video's yet 🙂(), but I got a kick out of this...Orthopaedics vs Anaesthesia..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0S5EN7-RtI
Put the text after the "v=" in the URL (but before any &'s that might appear) into your message body, highlight it, and click on the YouTube icon above the text area. Voila!
[YOUTUBE]q0S5EN7-RtI[/YOUTUBE]
Put the text after the "v=" in the URL (but before any &'s that might appear) into your message body, highlight it, and click on the YouTube icon above the text area. Voila!
[YOUTUBE]q0S5EN7-RtI[/YOUTUBE]
Loved this video..t'was mega hilarious.
"There is a fracture. I need to fix it."
Congrats, Maubs!
Thanks! 🙂 It was a nice way to wake up (apart from some initial grumpiness about scheduling) but it also meant I got almost nothing done at work.

I think I'd actually buy this.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/01/memeopoly-board-game_n_829816.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/01/memeopoly-board-game_n_829816.html
Dude. 5 rejections this week. Definitely my most negative, punch me in the gut week this whole application cycle. 🙁 Anyone else feel the wrecking ball of rejections this week?
Um...that pretty much could not be more awesome.I think I'd actually buy this.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/01/memeopoly-board-game_n_829816.html
And raffle...yeah. Two today. One was my legacy school. Oh well.
Is anyone else creeped out by the current feature article pic? Also... black face with white hands (and I don't mean just the inside)? 😕
Dude. 5 rejections this week. Definitely my most negative, punch me in the gut week this whole application cycle. 🙁 Anyone else feel the wrecking ball of rejections this week?
Sucks, mang. 🙁
Is anyone else creeped out by the current feature article pic? Also... black face with white hands (and I don't mean just the inside)? 😕
Haha wow....
haha I was going to say something about the pic too. It is always weird to see adults posing for pictures in that 3-year-old little girl pose.
Did anyone else see this WTF! story?
http://www.suntimes.com/4099633-417...fends-after-class-live-sex-demonstration.html
http://www.suntimes.com/4099633-417...fends-after-class-live-sex-demonstration.html
Have fun!
umm im not sure if you were a regular member of this thread when I posted my laser tag story, but the moral of it was: watch out for kindergarteners/mob violence 👎
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10267995&postcount=23247
eta: ew. am I "that guy" who only has one story and so he tells it over and over whenever anything slightly related to it comes up? plzgodno. im sorry! i can change my ways!
Haha, thanks for sharing Sun! For us (I was there with about 10 friends) the problem wasn't the kindergarteners, it was the 10 year olds. They outnumbered us about 2:1, and they just wouldn't go away. But once we discovered that we could totally tower over them and keep them from shooting the targets, we showed them who's boss. 😎 (Actually one of the little kids said to my 6'3 230 lb guy friend, "How does it feel to be picking on a little kid?" to which he replied, "It feels great!" and lasered the **** out of him.) So yes, a fun time was had by all.
I think I'd actually buy this.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/01/memeopoly-board-game_n_829816.html
I would definitely buy that as a gift for my bf. It combines two of his favorite things: the internetz, and owning my soul in monopoly.
Is anyone else creeped out by the current feature article pic? Also... black face with white hands (and I don't mean just the inside)? 😕
Yeah... she looks so clownish...
Did anyone else see this WTF! story?
http://www.suntimes.com/4099633-417...fends-after-class-live-sex-demonstration.html
This is so weird, and I'm sorry, I would not want to watch that couple go at it in any way, shape or form. Plus, he's old enough to be her father, and that skeeves me.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is so weird, and I'm sorry, I would not want to watch that couple go at it in any way, shape or form. Plus, he's old enough to be her father, and that skeeves me.![]()
Yeah, that dude was a dirty old perv. The prof seems like a nutcase to me. How would you let something like that go down in your classroom, without at least thinking it would cost you your job? Then again, Northwestern did back him on his decision... which kind of blew my mind.
That may be the kookiest psych class ever.
Edit: Also, a guy "narrating" the entire thing sounds incredibly awkward.
I'm trying to decide whether I should start watching True Blood or Californication. Anyone recommend one over the other? I've heard good things about both.
I havent seen either and I've never heard of Californication. sorry.I'm trying to decide whether I should start watching True Blood or Californication. Anyone recommend one over the other? I've heard good things about both.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592
Hi peeps! I have been MIA lately, but it's all Dexter's fault! I couldn't...stop... watching!