-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by IndianVercetti
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Californication for sure.
Also...work today was awesome. 👍
Also...work today was awesome. 👍
Did anyone else see this WTF! story?
http://www.suntimes.com/4099633-417...fends-after-class-live-sex-demonstration.html
I found the Yahoo News Version of the article, which was not as in depth. I don't know where I stand in terms of whether what he did was appropriate. The educational part of me says that what he did was educational (albeit overly and unnecessarily sexual in nature). That being said, it was an OPTIONAL portion of the class that about 5/6 of the class (Over 100 showed up, out of 600 total students) did not attend. I'll concede that it was a very sexual and "traditionally" unacceptable way of teaching a class, but it's a human sexuality class..and it's not like we haven't seen a woman have an orgasm before (whether in person or otherwise).
The part that does bug me is the age difference between the couple, but who am I to judge?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I kinda thought you, of all people, avoided that 😛I found the Yahoo News Version of the article, which was not as in depth. I don't know where I stand in terms of whether what he did was appropriate. The educational part of me says that what he did was educational (albeit overly and unnecessarily sexual in nature). That being said, it was an OPTIONAL portion of the class that about 5/6 of the class (Over 100 showed up, out of 600 total students) did not attend. I'll concede that it was a very sexual and "traditionally" unacceptable way of teaching a class, but it's a human sexuality class..and it's not like we haven't seen a woman have an orgasm before (whether in person or otherwise).
The part that does bug me is the age difference between the couple, but who am I to judge?
I think what surprises me is that it was a live show. I wouldn't have blinked an eye if it was just a little porn clip or something. Also, something that wasn't in the article, which I heard on the radio, was that they used a modified reciprocating saw from home depot. Apparently, the blade was replaced with a... Ahem... Particular attachment.

I kinda thought you, of all people, avoided that 😛
I think what surprises me is that it was a live show. I wouldn't have blinked an eye if it was just a little porn clip or something. Also, something that wasn't in the article, which I heard on the radio, was that they used a modified reciprocating saw from home depot. Apparently, the blade was replaced with a... Ahem... Particular attachment.![]()
What the effing eff?!
I thought it was weird that all the news sites called it a sex-toy demonstration.
I heard it was a human sexuality class, and people from the community were brought in to discuss various fetishes that they had for the students. And this lady was into, her words, "being used" and being watched, and...yeah. It was a demonstration of her fetish to help show the students an aspect of her sexuality that was unique.
Sounded to me like the students kept an academic and observational attitude about the whole thing, and then outsiders christened it a live sex show and made it all about the sex toy and the woman reaching orgasm instead of about her fetish...
anyways, every college offers a few really weird classes. I've heard of lit classes that focus solely on the harry potter series, or film classes that focus only on simpsons tv episodes...
I heard it was a human sexuality class, and people from the community were brought in to discuss various fetishes that they had for the students. And this lady was into, her words, "being used" and being watched, and...yeah. It was a demonstration of her fetish to help show the students an aspect of her sexuality that was unique.
Sounded to me like the students kept an academic and observational attitude about the whole thing, and then outsiders christened it a live sex show and made it all about the sex toy and the woman reaching orgasm instead of about her fetish...
anyways, every college offers a few really weird classes. I've heard of lit classes that focus solely on the harry potter series, or film classes that focus only on simpsons tv episodes...
I ****ing hate bull****...wow. I rarely get pissed off, but wow some things reallllly get to me.
I'm so ready to start school already it's unbelievable. It's like my gateway into the new life I DESPERATELY need. Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'm GLAD I'm leaving this city.
I'm so ready to start school already it's unbelievable. It's like my gateway into the new life I DESPERATELY need. Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'm GLAD I'm leaving this city.
Med school seriously is like a club. Now that everyone I work with knows I am in the club, they are randomly letting me do clinical stuff that I should not be doing, and teaching me how to do cool stuff.
If I had known this was the result I would have told them I got into medical school a lot sooner.
Edit: Also, saw a Nurse Anesthetist at work last night....freakin' BALLER. As far as bedside manner went, she blew the couple of dozen anesthesiologists I've met out of the water.
If I had known this was the result I would have told them I got into medical school a lot sooner.
Edit: Also, saw a Nurse Anesthetist at work last night....freakin' BALLER. As far as bedside manner went, she blew the couple of dozen anesthesiologists I've met out of the water.
Last edited:
I ****ing hate bull****...wow. I rarely get pissed off, but wow some things reallllly get to me.
I'm so ready to start school already it's unbelievable. It's like my gateway into the new life I DESPERATELY need. Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'm GLAD I'm leaving this city.
Dude, I feel your pain (to some extent, at least). My city is small enough that it's almost impossible to reinvent yourself and people don't like to make new friends and stuff. I'm looking forward to a new start, too.
Med school seriously is like a club. Now that everyone I work with knows I am in the club, they are randomly letting me do clinical stuff that I should not be doing, and teaching me how to do cool stuff.
If I had known this was the result I would have told them I got into medical school a lot sooner.
Edit: Also, saw a Nurse Anesthetist at work last night....freakin' BALLER. As far as bedside manner went, she blew the couple of dozen anesthesiologists I've met out of the water.
Imma be a little un-SDN-PC and say that I feel like a lot of the allied health professions have a better average bedside manner than physicians who are in the less-relationship oriented fields (surg, anes, rads, etc.)
I am saving us from falling off the front page.
I am saving us from falling off the front page.
Our hero!!!!
I am saving us from falling off the front page.
who would think that 4 months before we leave to medschool, and this thread would still almost fall off the first page!?!?
because we ruined the thread with gchat
true dat.because we ruined the thread with gchat
What idiot had that bright idea?
true dat.
What idiot had that bright idea?
I feel like if SDN didn't have a naughty language filter then maybe just maybe this thread would be busier.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like if SDN didn't have a naughty language filter then maybe just maybe this thread would be busier.
I'll add one more thing-because I don't want to share EVERYTHING I say with you guys in gchat with the entire SDN community (as much as it may seem otherwise!). My classmates would thing I'm some sort of major hoe-bag or cum dumpster..and I'd rather not project that image because it's not true!
Overly defensive Trio is overly defensiveI'll add one more thing-because I don't want to share EVERYTHING I say with you guys in gchat with the entire SDN community (as much as it may seem otherwise!). My classmates would thing I'm some sort of major hoe-bag or cum dumpster..and I'd rather not project that image because it's not true!
Overly defensive Trio is overly defensive![]()
Haha, I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I just meant "there are certain things I'd rather share with a select few in g-chat"...*sigh*
Why does everything I say always have this unintended 2nd meaning...like when I was supposed to "take a stab at 'someone in this thread' and see what happens". 😛
and hey, I did a good job of not "outing" him by saying his real name this time!
True Blood was interesting at first, but it got so...soap opera-ish... 👎
I don't know, as long as I still see things like peoples spines getting ripped out of people's backs I'm fine. I'm easily entertained 😛
I am really looking forward to A Game of Thrones though, looks amazing
Ditto. I read the book forever ago...I should read it again.I don't know, as long as I still see things like peoples spines getting ripped out of people's backs I'm fine. I'm easily entertained 😛
I am really looking forward to A Game of Thrones though, looks amazing
Plus....Jason Momoa 😍
That scene was awesome.I don't know, as long as I still see things like peoples spines getting ripped out of people's backs I'm fine. I'm easily entertained 😛
I am really looking forward to A Game of Thrones though, looks amazing
"We want to eat you... after we eat your children. *beat* Now time for the weather. Tiffany?"
True Blood is awesome as long as you accept it for what it is. It is totally my TV vampire smut. And The Tudors is my ye olde smut. 😳
Also, I really need to start being more present on Gchat.
How does one get into the gchat fun?
There have been a plethora of terrible threads lately. And some A+ possible trolling.
There have been a plethora of terrible threads lately. And some A+ possible trolling.
who would think that 4 months before we leave to medschool, and this thread would still almost fall off the first page!?!?
There have been a plethora of terrible threads lately. And some A+ possible trolling.
^ this. Also: oh God, four months?! fffffffffuuuuuuuuu
does anyone else read this thread bottom-up
Scholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
wow that is so awesome. super happy for youScholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
Ahhhhhhh congrats Geeks! That's so freaking awesome!!! 👍Scholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
Scholarship offer today
Please teach me how to be more like you : )
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
Woohoo!
[YOUTUBE]kJBKyTfCjCc[/YOUTUBE]
You might have to start here. 😉
nty
LMAO, Maubs. He's acting like how I feel.
It is too my favorite school, too, and almost half tuition. I seriously almost cried.
It is too my favorite school, too, and almost half tuition. I seriously almost cried.
LMAO! I <3 you!
"Cum dumpster" is a new one..
Congrats, geeks! 🙂
Scholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
WOOO!! Congratulations Geeks! 🙂
🙂
Fun fact, Chicklet thinks Ezio Auditore da Firenze is me, like she'll actually point at the TV and say it's "Mommy." I was playing Assassin's Creed 2 for a few weeks and now that the hubs is playing it she gets mad. He had him ride a horse and she was like, "No! That's Mommy's horse!" LOL!
And don't worry, I didn't do any assassination missions while she was awake. I DID, however, get every last piece of treasure, feather, and completed all sidequests. She mostly just liked to watch Ezio free run and ride the horses.
Fun fact, Chicklet thinks Ezio Auditore da Firenze is me, like she'll actually point at the TV and say it's "Mommy." I was playing Assassin's Creed 2 for a few weeks and now that the hubs is playing it she gets mad. He had him ride a horse and she was like, "No! That's Mommy's horse!" LOL!
And don't worry, I didn't do any assassination missions while she was awake. I DID, however, get every last piece of treasure, feather, and completed all sidequests. She mostly just liked to watch Ezio free run and ride the horses.
🙂
Fun fact, Chicklet thinks Ezio Auditore da Firenze is me, like she'll actually point at the TV and say it's "Mommy." I was playing Assassin's Creed 2 for a few weeks and now that the hubs is playing it she gets mad. He had him ride a horse and she was like, "No! That's Mommy's horse!" LOL!
And don't worry, I didn't do any assassination missions while she was awake. I DID, however, get every last piece of treasure, feather, and completed all sidequests. She mostly just liked to watch Ezio free run and ride the horses.

congrats on the scholarship!! everyone loves money $$
geeks, is da bomb.
Aww, shucks.
Scholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
Congrats!!! From which school? (Or is it not from a specific school?)
Edit: jk, I saw the answer to this question on fb 🙂
Last edited:
Scholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
Awesome, Congrats!👍
I just wish my financial aid file was marked complete.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay! I'm super excited for you, Geeks. Also, PM'd you.
my medical opinion tells me that is going to be a cute and smart little munchkin
Ahhh exciting! So are you gonna get a new avatar now or what? 😀
What a badass! 🙂Scholarship offer today. 😀 😀 😀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592
