-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2016....how ya doing?
Started by NStarz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It looks like you got a bit behind in crossing off rotations on your signature. 😉Graduated. w00t
But in all seriousness, congratulations everyone!
Moving back to my parents house for 2 weeks before starting my job. I have sooooo much **** to throw away/donate. I don't think I can fit everything I want to in my car. Arrrghhh.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really want to be excited about graduation in week but I just cant. I wish these past two days could be do overs.
I really want to be excited about graduation in week but I just cant. I wish these past two days could be do overs.
I'm so sorry. I know you have been told this already but if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you!
That **** does not diminish your accomplishments. You're awesome, a freaking doctor - finally! - and have kickass plans for the next year. You got it no matter what happens.I really want to be excited about graduation in week but I just cant. I wish these past two days could be do overs.
I really want to be excited about graduation in week but I just cant. I wish these past two days could be do overs.
If you ever need to talk, we're all here for you. Even if you just need to vent it all out.
I know I took vacation my last week but I don't graduate for 2 weeks. Wha da foo?
I am so mighty jealous of all of you...
passed all of my rotations.. in the middle of final exams... before I get to graduate.. if I don't pass these I do not graduate.. 🙁
passed all of my rotations.. in the middle of final exams... before I get to graduate.. if I don't pass these I do not graduate.. 🙁
Got my very own Costco membership today....and got to check "Dr" as my suffix 
I hear you. You got this, girl. Get that whiskey DVM 😉I am so mighty jealous of all of you...
passed all of my rotations.. in the middle of final exams... before I get to graduate.. if I don't pass these I do not graduate.. 🙁
I am so mighty jealous of all of you...
passed all of my rotations.. in the middle of final exams... before I get to graduate.. if I don't pass these I do not graduate.. 🙁
One final checkbox.
You gonna stay over there or move back to the US when you are done?
One final checkbox.
You gonna stay over there or move back to the US when you are done?
Stay here, of course... this is my home 🙂
Stay here, of course... this is my home 🙂
In that case, I'm glad you found your home. 🙂
And you are... Done?
Congrats everyone!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In that case, I'm glad you found your home. 🙂
And you are... Done?
no, another exam on Monday....
never ending
I still get giggly over that. And mildly annoyed that my bank doesn't have Dr as an option and still calls me Ms.Got my very own Costco membership today....and got to check "Dr" as my suffix![]()
Packed for about 20 minutes and then got bored. This is going well...
Officially have my veterinary license! I start my job in one week. I already have appointments, including a lot of exotics, one of which is a guinea pig!!😍
About 2 hours until graduation!
Relaxing all week. So nice. Graduation Sunday-not an ideal Sunday Funday, no pants Sunday but oh well...
I did it!!! More importantly, I didn't eat it on stage in my heels!!
My very first patient as a veterinarian was a bird in respiratory distress in which the owner elected to euthanize. Sucks, but it was the best choice for the patient. 🙁
I repaired a laceration on a chicken's comb yesterday! She laid an egg under anesthesia.
I repaired a laceration on a chicken's comb yesterday! She laid an egg under anesthesia.
I still get giggly over that. And mildly annoyed that my bank doesn't have Dr as an option and still calls me Ms.
My super-sweet great-aunt sends me cards and addresses them as "Dr. that redhead" which for whatever reason I find indescribably cute. Otherwise I'm kind of like "Eh."But, we get called Dr. FirstName where I work, so whenever I get a patient update from ER or a whatever and they call me Dr. LastName is when I feel giggly.
Officially licensed! Start my internship in 3 weeks. And feeling a healthy case of imposter syndrome coming on...
I don't think it ever goes away.
6 years out and I still feel like I'm just flying by the seat of my pants half the time.
Officially licensed! Start my internship in 3 weeks. And feeling a healthy case of imposter syndrome coming on...
I had a dream not too long ago where I was treating a patient and royally ****ed something up. Definitely doesn't make starting work in a couple weeks any easier, even though it was just a dream.
I don't think it ever goes away.
6 years out and I still feel like I'm just flying by the seat of my pants half the time.

Only 5 years out, but yeah. The feeling never goes away
Only 5 years out, but yeah. The feeling never goes away
Shaddup.
Rock stars, both of you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't believe I start my internship in a little over 2 weeks. Sort of dreading the move, but I can't wait to be in my new place and getting it all organized and stuff. Part of me wishes I was living alone because I just want to decorate the entire space, but I think I'll be happy with the cheaper living arrangement in the end.
Super excited to buy a new mattress, bed frame and bedding though!
Only downside is that I feel like I've forgotten so much already and feel like I need to start reviewing things.
Super excited to buy a new mattress, bed frame and bedding though!
Only downside is that I feel like I've forgotten so much already and feel like I need to start reviewing things.
I'm starting mine in two weeks too! Other than true reviewing of things for my intended specialty (I'm starting on that rotation; gotta make a good first impression), I'm working on making my own nerdbook for ER stuff - good to read over things, write them down, and organize important formulas/etc somewhere where I can find them easily.Can't believe I start my internship in a little over 2 weeks. Sort of dreading the move, but I can't wait to be in my new place and getting it all organized and stuff. Part of me wishes I was living alone because I just want to decorate the entire space, but I think I'll be happy with the cheaper living arrangement in the end.
Super excited to buy a new mattress, bed frame and bedding though!
Only downside is that I feel like I've forgotten so much already and feel like I need to start reviewing things.
I'm starting mine in two weeks too! Other than true reviewing of things for my intended specialty (I'm starting on that rotation; gotta make a good first impression), I'm working on making my own nerdbook for ER stuff - good to read over things, write them down, and organize important formulas/etc somewhere where I can find them easily.
I was handed down essentially a nerd book from another internship program so I'm probably just going to start going through that/adding in dosages that I used at school or like or other information to it. I might make up some discharge templates of common diseases too as a review and so that I have them sort of already pre-made to use at work.
Apparently without a license I can't do anything... so I'm following other vets around and doing technician things. It's depressing
I shadowed the vets here for 2 weeks before starting my own appointments so I could get the swing of things.
I shadowed the vets here for 2 weeks before starting my own appointments so I could get the swing of things.
Glad I'm not the only one who has had to do this. I was just feeling bad because they were really busy and I couldn't do anything to help. But my license came through today so I can see patients, just can't give a Rabies because I am not USDA accredited yet
Glad I'm not the only one who has had to do this. I was just feeling bad because they were really busy and I couldn't do anything to help. But my license came through today so I can see patients, just can't give a Rabies because I am not USDA accredited yet
I didn't realize you had to be USDA accredited to simply give a Rabies vaccination. Just thought you needed it for health certificates. Unless this varies by state.
I didn't realize you had to be USDA accredited to simply give a Rabies vaccination. Just thought you needed it for health certificates. Unless this varies by state.
Ditto. I'm not USDA. Not a problem here.
The only thing you need USDA for is health certificates
The only thing you need USDA for is health certificates
Not in Georgia. It is illegal to give a Rabies vaccine in Georgia without being USDA certified.
https://www.avma.org/Advocacy/StateAndLocal/Documents/Rabies_state_law_chart.pdfNot in Georgia. It is illegal to give a Rabies vaccine in Georgia without being USDA certified.
You sure?
Also not seeing it here:
http://dph.georgia.gov/sites/dph.ge...s/site_page/ADES_Rabies_Manual_2012_FINAL.pdf
http://dph.georgia.gov/sites/dph.ge...s/site_page/ADES_Rabies_Manual_2012_FINAL.pdf
I checked AVMA then GA specifically. Maybe you can talk to your medical director?Weird... thats what they told me. I hadn't bothered to look it up, figured my medical director wouldn't make things harder than necessary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I checked AVMA then GA specifically. Maybe you can talk to your medical director?
I did. She was insistent that she was right. Soooooo I'm not giving any rabies until I get my USDA certification
ok. but at least you have proof now that it's just her 😉I did. She was insistent that she was right. Soooooo I'm not giving any rabies until I get my USDA certification
Making the move to RI in 5 days! Can't believe it's happening. I wish I had my work schedule already though. I do know that the first week or so we're there we follow around the current interns since we overlap a bit and then there is a goodbye BBQ/pot luck thing on the 30th.
