-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2027... how you doin'?
Started by IvyMoose
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Struggling hardcore with watching Michigan State CVM students fight on reddit right now. Apparently there was a cheating scandal as well, and a lot of information I wasn’t aware of. It makes it difficult to want to go to my IS.
H e l l o I am a nosy ass bitch. Where does one find this? I just wanna know what’s going on 😬Struggling hardcore with watching Michigan State CVM students fight on reddit right now. Apparently there was a cheating scandal as well, and a lot of information I wasn’t aware of. It makes it difficult to want to go to my IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
H e l l o I am a nosy ass bitch. Where does one find this? I just wanna know what’s going on 😬
YIKES. Sexual assault accusations and still allowing them access to students. When will MSU learn that is the opposite of what you do? I’m sorry, honeypot that all this is now going on and making you question whether you want to go there💜💜💜
That is not good at ALL! Echoing ski, I'm sorry this is happening, and how do these professors continue to teach! Hopefully it gets righted soon. IMO, completely unacceptable in an academic institution. And with the dean resigning? Definitely will toss things up. Hoping you have the clarity you need to make the decision <3
Currently still can’t believe that I’m actually going to be a veterinarian!!! (and struggling to find motivation to finish out my last semester of undergrad) 

I am very excited but stressed. Unofficially narrowed down my school list to two. Worried about choosing the right school, worried about moving. Worried about my professor not accommodating my absences due to school visitations, interviews, and an unexpected death in the family 😡
WinnDixieFlash
New Member
I feel you, now that I have gotten an acceptance I'm irrationally afraid that I'm going to fail one of my prerequisite classes.Currently my excitement is overshadowed by stress and anxiety about finances! Really wishing I could relax and be proud of myself for this incredible accomplishment, but instead I am questioning everything :')
I don’t wish the pain of “the wait” on anyone. I’m sorry :’(My anxiety is at an all-time high because I am still waiting for IS!!! It would literally change everything and yet, still don’t have a decision :/
jesseleemey
Full Member
Housing is forever going to stress me out🫠
Housing is continuing to stress me out like... hopefully I will be living in the area by the time orientation starts 🤣Housing is forever going to stress me out🫠
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been panicking all night about how to pay for rent and food during vet school. Ugh time to talk to the parents about the plan
Dude same. My rent is $1800 and that doesn’t include utilities or food or gas or a car payment lolol.I’ve been panicking all night about how to pay for rent and food during vet school. Ugh time to talk to the parents about the plan
Loans will cover my rent but that’s it 🙁((
I’m just hoping that maybe i’ll be able to get a part time job on weekends if i can commit to studying every day during the week. Just something you know to cover groceriesDude same. My rent is $1800 and that doesn’t include utilities or food or gas or a car payment lolol.
Loans will cover my rent but that’s it 🙁((
Joining this thread but also soooooo stressed about how to pay for rent and food 🙁 My savings is going to become nonexistent in a few months
I wonder if there’s any way to petition the school for more money for cost of living (if it’s truly needed)? Without having to resort to private loans. I’m sure rents have jumped astronomically in the last couple years but I’d also bet the money allotted by the school hasn’t been increased as much as rent and inflation has. I feel like I read about someone on here trying to get more money for cost of living several years ago…maybe @DVMDream? Of course they may say ‘too bad, so sad, find a roommate’ or something but can’t hurt to ask or research it?
The place I’ll probably get off the waitlist I might be able to get cost of living to cover renting a room, food and my car but I’ve also got 3 horses who would be coming with me.
Is it just me or does anyone else think there should be a pulling your hair out emoji?
Is it just me or does anyone else think there should be a pulling your hair out emoji?
Highly agree!The place I’ll probably get off the waitlist I might be able to get cost of living to cover renting a room, food and my car but I’ve also got 3 horses who would be coming with me.
Is it just me or does anyone else think there should be a pulling your hair out emoji?
i tried to do that this year. i‘ve been having financial problems, live with roommates, and qualify for work/study, but my school was mostly like ‘oh yikes. good luck w that’. they did have some options to help with car problems but strict guidelines as to when how/if they’d be able to help with that. i’m guessing there are different guidelines at different schools so prob still worth looking into 🤷🏻♀️I wonder if there’s any way to petition the school for more money for cost of living (if it’s truly needed)? Without having to resort to private loans. I’m sure rents have jumped astronomically in the last couple years but I’d also bet the money allotted by the school hasn’t been increased as much as rent and inflation has. I feel like I read about someone on here trying to get more money for cost of living several years ago…maybe @DVMDream? Of course they may say ‘too bad, so sad, find a roommate’ or something but can’t hurt to ask or research it?
Anyone else completely burnt out trying to figure out affordable housing + finish out this semester? (Plus work, plus sick cats, plus... 🙁 )
Housing, loans, starting school are all stressing me out as well. I feel like i’m drowningAnyone else completely burnt out trying to figure out affordable housing + finish out this semester? (Plus work, plus sick cats, plus... 🙁 )
Has your stress gotten to the point of like physical symptoms at all?You all are not alone! I am also stressing. I think actually being able to apply for loans would make me feel better but right now I feel like I’m drowning in the wait lol
Yes omg!! I’m being treated for ulcers. I’m taking 3 medications just trying to function with the ulcer pain. I first went to the ER thinking it was heart issues (thank god it wasn’t!)Has your stress gotten to the point of like physical symptoms at all?
I also have severe panic attacks, so I was put on a medication to help me calm down. Then, I started to jump out of my sleep lol, so I was put on a medication to help me not have nightmares.
I also have chronic migraines but don’t take meds for them. Everything is related to stress/anxiety.
Almost all of this started or worsened mid application cycle and has gotten PROGRESSIVELY worse (especially the ulcers) after being accepted.
So, if your anxiety is causing you physical ailments you aren’t alone <3
Waiting for @potentialsheltervet to start posting in here 😤
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ask and ye shall receiveWaiting for @potentialsheltervet to start posting in here 😤
I'm concerned about sleepwalking in a new place 😬
this... this sums all my feelings upI was so happy to get my acceptance and then I remember that I will have to move, figure out finances, AND I’m starting to get imposter syndrome lol 🙃 so now I’m sad and stressed. I know that I worked my butt off for this but holy cow..
I don't want to say too much else but there's a work situation that is giving me the worst imposter syndrome and I'm like
me, a future vet? Doubt
me, a future vet? DoubtHey soon you'll have a master's of mooseryOtherwise, final assignments are killing me and I literally cannot wait until I am done with this degree
Hey don’t worry I am a vet and still have imposter syndrome some days! If I can do it so can you! You got this!!!!I don't want to say too much else but there's a work situation that is giving me the worst imposter syndrome and I'm likeme, a future vet? Doubt
Thanks!! I'm just at a point where I'm like uhhh wait a second, am I prepared for this?Hey don’t worry I am a vet and still have imposter syndrome some days! If I can do it so can you! You got this!!!!
That's a negative, ghost rider, cause ain't nobody ready for a professional program except maybe peeps who already did a PhD. But that's totes fine!! You're in and now all you gotta do is your best!Thanks!! I'm just at a point where I'm like uhhh wait a second, am I prepared for this?
And people who already did a PhD are only ready because their souls have already been snatchedThat's a negative, ghost rider, cause ain't nobody ready for a professional program except maybe peeps who already did a PhD. But that's totes fine!! You're in and now all you gotta do is your best!
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
phds don't prepare you for veterinary school really at all. You're all going in on a level playing field tbh.And people who already did a PhD are only ready because their souls have already been snatched
Makes me feel better to read y'all's responses. I *know* that I'm not alone in feeling overwhelmed, but I feel better reading what everyone has to say.
She needs a large animal vet for her family's cattle. If the farm wasn't 3 hours away, I'd help in a few years.
Went to the optometrist for recurring headaches. Eyes are fine. Just stress.Has your stress gotten to the point of like physical symptoms at all?
Has anyone had to shop around for health insurance on the market place before? I wasn’t prepared for SDSU to not offer student health insurance. I also feel like the estimated cost of living is a little low, so a little nervous about health insurance now. Also, does anyone know if UMN offers student health insurance? I will be in the 2+2 program, so I’ll be at UMN for the last two years.
Have you contacted the veterinary program about this? I feel like even though you're in the 2+2 program you would qualify for insurance offered through the program.Has anyone had to shop around for health insurance on the market place before? I wasn’t prepared for SDSU to not offer student health insurance. I also feel like the estimated cost of living is a little low, so a little nervous about health insurance now. Also, does anyone know if UMN offers student health insurance? I will be in the 2+2 program, so I’ll be at UMN for the last two years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not, but it is pretty clear that the university doesn’t offer any student health insurance on their website! I think there is a link to the marketplace even… I will give the school a call to clarify though!Have you contacted the veterinary program about this? I feel like even though you're in the 2+2 program you would qualify for insurance offered through the program.
What's the estimated cost of living?Has anyone had to shop around for health insurance on the market place before? I wasn’t prepared for SDSU to not offer student health insurance. I also feel like the estimated cost of living is a little low, so a little nervous about health insurance now. Also, does anyone know if UMN offers student health insurance? I will be in the 2+2 program, so I’ll be at UMN for the last two years.
I don't get insurance through work because I wouldn't be able to keep my doctor. I went through the Colorado market place to cost compare, then signed up directly with the company I ultimately chose.
$8641/ semester.What's the estimated cost of living?
I don't get insurance through work because I wouldn't be able to keep my doctor. I went through the Colorado market place to cost compare, then signed up directly with the company I ultimately chose.
I will look into for Minnesota ( will live in MN and not SD).
@supershorty do you happen to know 😂Also, does anyone know if UMN offers student health insurance? I will be in the 2+2 program, so I’ll be at UMN for the last two years.
You could also check into Medicare. Since you won’t have an income, you’d likely qualify. I know of a handful of friends who were on Medicare in vet school.I have not, but it is pretty clear that the university doesn’t offer any student health insurance on their website! I think there is a link to the marketplace even… I will give the school a call to clarify though!