Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good work

UaNm6fv.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Also, where did you get into medical school? It took me three times to get in, so I feel your pain from the first cycle you applied.
UC Davis. Yeah reapplying was not fun, but it worked out in the end

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Davis. Yeah reapplying was not fun, but it worked out in the end

DUDE. That's awesome. You got into a great school. Worth it.

If I apply to residency in that area, I'll be sure to send over a message. I'll likely be doing couples match unless my boyfriend gets totally bored of me in the next year or two, so we'll see how things work out!

Rain? What's that. It's been triple digits all week

Members don't see this ad :)
Except I can't go to sleep because there's a stinkbug in my room and yes I am one of those wussy girls who freaks at the sight of bugs.

chfo.gif

I DID IT!!!!! Mr. Stinkbug went on a little flight. Out of an 8th floor window.

He was inches away from touching me.

y3PWaHz.gif

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Those bunnies in the cups. Death by cuteness. Two domestic bunnies have taken up residence in our back yard. We feed them carrots and apples every day and admire their cuteness.

Ohh, I forgot who goes to vandy in here but I think someone does. I'll be doing a sub-I there this fall!!! I found a place to rent within walking distance.

I love nashvegas, can't wait!

First day of first rotation tomorrow! Doing 4 weeks of med-peds in a community health center that apparently sees an extremely diverse array of patients (it's on the border between two neighborhoods, one rather wealthy and one where most of the population is below the poverty line) so it should be an interesting time.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't decide yet if clerkships are better or worse than studying for Step 1. I feel like an idiot regardless.

Better. They're so much better. I'm on surgery, and it's FUN.

I think I'd enjoy the surgery clerkship. I got 6 patients today, and it's been more than 6 months since I've done a full h&p, so I was more than a little rusty on that, especially well-baby physicals. Still learned a lot, but today was a little rough.

I think I'd enjoy the surgery clerkship. I got 6 patients today, and it's been more than 6 months since I've done a full h&p, so I was more than a little rusty on that, especially well-baby physicals. Still learned a lot, but today was a little rough.

Oh, god. Can not do babies.

This.

Peds and OB terrify me.

Babies :biglove:Babies :biglove: Babies:biglove:

I had a 9 day old pt the other day. It was awesome. Kids are cute and don't have poorly controlled DM2 or a 60 pack year history. Plus it's perfectly acceptable to carry stickers and finger puppets and play around with the medical instruments while you exam them. :D

Babies :biglove:Babies :biglove: Babies:biglove:

I had a 9 day old pt the other day. It was awesome. Kids are cute and don't have poorly controlled DM2 or a 60 pack year history. Plus it's perfectly acceptable to carry stickers and finger puppets and play around with the medical instruments while you exam them. :D

Valid points.

My mentor is actually a pediatric anesthesiologist. Now that job I could do. We'll see my actual peds rotation goes, though.

All of the Class of XXXX threads are being bumped and someone just made a c/o 2022 thread. So I felt left out. Bumpity bump!