Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got it in before maintenance. Woot.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I'm off to watch HIMYM and decorate the 15,000th post. Peace.

coffee date today with the older girl, excited/ nervous/what the hell am I thinking?

Okay today is d-day!!! I am in freak out mode. Hopefully, as Codeblue would say, it's not a total gong show. Afterwards I plan on getting distracted by having some Margaritas n joining the facebook group :)

Okay today is d-day!!! I am in freak out mode. Hopefully, as Codeblue would say, it's not a total gong show. Afterwards I plan on getting distracted by having some Margaritas n joining the facebook group :)

Good luck! :luck::luck:

Good luck to CC and everyone else taking it too! :luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
coffee date today with the older girl, excited/ nervous/what the hell am I thinking?

How much older? Did we already establish that? I forget.

GOOD LUCK! :D You'll do great! Don't forget to tell us how it went so I can live vicariously through you...I've only been on one date in my entire life.

I'm almost in the same boat. I've been tricked into a couple dates that I didn't know were dates, though.

Good luck!

I'm almost in the same boat. I've been tricked into a couple dates that I didn't know were dates, though.

How is it that this always happens to women? I've had a number of girlfriends "tricked" into dates by their "friends".

How is it that this always happens to women? I've had a number of girlfriends "tricked" into dates by their "friends".

Yeah, it was usually guy friends. When they ask if I want to hang out/ go to a movie, they should indicate that it is a date and not normal friends-hanging-out time.

Yeah, it was usually guy friends. When they ask if I want to hang out/ go to a movie, they should indicate that it is a date and not normal friends-hanging-out time.

Well, that is why I was always irritated with my girlfriend(s). Most guys-even the nice ones-are going to do that. It's just how it is. To think otherwise is naive. After happening numerous times I've developed some trust issues with "guy friends" :laugh:. I always heard "But he is nice and we are just friends". Oh lawd...

Is that what fire trucks are doing nowadays? I just kind of assumed that they went around spewing fireballs.

Have you not watched the National Geographic special on firetrucks?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBL_FeKeZ7s[/YOUTUBE]

Well, that is why I was always irritated with my girlfriend(s). Most guys-even the nice ones-are going to do that. It's just how it is. To think otherwise is naive. After happening numerous times I've developed some trust issues with "guy friends" :laugh:. I always heard "But he is nice and we are just friends". Oh lawd...

That is definitely true. Especially since sometimes the guys had girlfriends...
A heads up of some sort would be nice. I guess if you're single, that's a clue. Or just saying that you're paying, or something. Or you'll pick me up.

That is definitely true. Especially since sometimes the guys had girlfriends...
A heads up of some sort would be nice. I guess if you're single, that's a clue. Or just saying that you're paying, or something. Or you'll pick me up.

Yeaaaaa one time the guy was ENGAGED (and he didn't just try kissing...). Not friends with him anymore are we?....

If your single and he offers to pick you up and go to a movie by yourselves (assuming this is not already normal for you) then this is usually not a friend-date.

Yeaaaaa one time the guy was ENGAGED (and he didn't just try kissing...). Not friends with him anymore are we?....

If your single and he offers to pick you up and go to a movie by yourselves (assuming this is not already normal for you) then this is usually not a friend-date.

Yeah, if they say they'll pick me up I get the hint. But sometimes I'll drive myself, and then bam! they're paying for dinner.

GOOD LUCK! :D You'll do great! Don't forget to tell us how it went so I can live vicariously through you...I've only been on one date in my entire life.
dude what?! get on your PIMP game
How much older? Did we already establish that? I forget.

I wouldn't consider this a date--more like a casual get together and I think she's 26?
Just be yourself and enjoy the date.

yeah I'm not sweating it
Older = more experienced

Congratulations.

hahaah thanks we'll see

Yeah, if they say they'll pick me up I get the hint. But sometimes I'll drive myself, and then bam! they're paying for dinner.

There is the rare case (maybe 1 in 10) of a straight guy able to be actual friends with a woman.

Btw, how dare you post the Family Guy clip before me.

Make small talk, eat dinner, and tell him you have to go early to wash your hair.

Hmph. Women always complaining about free dinners with strings attached.

Usually if I ask a girl out to dinner, I ask it in a way that makes it seem like a date. After dinner, I ask them out for coffee/tea. I can kinda gauge if their having a good time based on whether they say yes or not, the former usually being the case.

There is the rare case (maybe 1 in 10) of a straight guy able to be actual friends with a woman.

Btw, how dare you post the Family Guy clip before me.

What. Guys who are friends with women, no kidding?

Usually if I ask a girl out to dinner, I ask it in a way that makes it seem like a date. After dinner, I ask them out for coffee/tea. I can kinda gauge if their having a good time whether they say yes or not, the former usually being the case.

Oh. Usually I kind of go straight for the home run. I knew something was wrong with my approach.

dude what?! get on your PIMP game

Can girls even be pimps? :laugh:

I don't think that's true. The majority of my friends in undergrad were guys and they never tried to pick me up or take me on stealth dates. My best friend there was a guy.

Make small talk, eat dinner, and tell him you have to go early to wash your hair.

Hmph. Women always complaining about free dinners with strings attached.

Haha, wash my hair? That excuse is lame enough that he should definitely get the hint.

Usually if I ask a girl out to dinner, I ask it in a way that makes it seem like a date. After dinner, I ask them out for coffee/tea. I can kinda gauge if their having a good time based on whether they say yes or not, the former usually being the case.

See, that's a good way to do it. My friends would just text me "I'm bored, wanna see a movie?" And then it ends up being a date. No class, I tell ya.

Oh. Usually I kind of go straight for the home run. I knew something was wrong with my approach.

Haha that's too far for a first date. If it's going well, I definitely go in for the kiss when I'm dropping her off.

You gotta plant the seed, then **** the plant.

I don't think that's true. The majority of my friends in undergrad were guys and they never tried to pick me up or take me on stealth dates. My best friend there was a guy.
of course!
I mean, I do love my meal being paid for. But still....

26 is a good age. I was thinking like 30-35 or something :laugh:

I think its because she just got her JD and is an official lawyer and am 20 turning 21 next month and am just a lowly undergrad student :laugh:

I have guy friends where there is a totally platonic relationship. But then I have guy friends that flirt with me incessantly, despite having girlfriends.

I have guy friends where there is a totally platonic relationship. But then I have guy friends that flirt with me incessantly, despite having girlfriends.

I think my relationship with my guy friends was different than it was with my girlfriends (there was definitely some flirting) but it never would have gone anywhere beyond friendship.