Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hahaha. Oh man, especially for people from Cali or the West Coast, Chicago winters can be absolutely BRUTAL. My TPR teacher was from Cali and was doing his M1 at NU; he looked absolutely miserable during the Dec-Feb months :laugh:.

Weather's awesome now, though :). Beachin' it up in the a.m.!

:laugh:

Part of me would love to try out the east coast, but it'll be beast in the winter compared to the CA weather :/ We'll see...maybe the interview trail will change my mind :rolleyes:

From personal experience, east coast winters aren't too bad, they just take some getting used to. My first winter wasn't too great, but after that, everything else came in stride. I got used to winter gear, sometimes I like wearing it (boots, coat, scarves, etc). Haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Part of me would love to try out the east coast, but it'll be beast in the winter compared to the CA weather :/ We'll see...maybe the interview trail will change my mind :rolleyes:

While nothing would make me happier than to get into a Cali school, I can't help but feel in the back of mind that I'm going to end up somewhere where the winters are are terrible. I hate cold weather, and my definition of cold means anything below 70. Southern California has spoiled me :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on submitting as well kansaskid!

Haha of course! If any of us are interviewing together, let me know and I'll bake up some :)

Here's the recipe : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/best-chocolate-chip-cookies/Detail.aspx

Though instead of 3 cups of flour, add 1.5-2ish and then add about a cup or so of oatmeal. Add as much/as less and you need until its at a good consistency for a cookie dough. I guess thats easier said that done haha. I've made them so many times I can just tell when its right

Oh and go over the amount of chocolate chips required :)
Awwww, I might take you up on that offer! Sure hoping we'll get the chance to meet everyone in real life and get beers and phnerd's cookies together!:D
thanks for the recipe!

EDIT: Toppity-topX2! adios, dinner time! :D

Guacamole is delicious. I didn't know Costco made veggie burgers, only ones I know of is Boca. Lol. Maybe I'll pick some up....

Me, me!!!

Me and a tub of guac is bad news. I'm like a stupid dog that doesn't know his limit and eats until he pops. :laugh:

Ugh, I spent four years in Chicago and it gets cooooold. But majestic summers?! It was always so humid!

Very true. The city is often REALLY humid. But, the attitude and spirit of the city during the summer months is just out of this world. If you live near the beach, the issue of humidity is easily forgotten.

Samesies.

Man, I wish someone would make a good veggie burger...

Have you been to the Chicago Diner in Halsted? It's all/mostly vegan but SO good!

I've always wanted to visit Japan!!! :love:
I can tell you're not a big fan of the Chicago weather? :rolleyes::smuggrin:

I wasn't, but it's better than Japan! I know Chicago gets a lot of snow (I think I wore my snowboots for a month straight one winter...) but snow makes the cold worth it! When it's just bitterly cold without the snow, I get angry at the weather. :mad: It doesn't snow where I live. Maybe once a year, and it's a dusting.

Me and a tub of guac is bad news. I'm like a stupid White Sox fan that doesn't know his limit and eats until he pops. :laugh:

Fixed it for ya'
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I've spent too many years away from home. I need to come back to the Chi!

I'm definitely a cold weather person though. I can't handle anything above 75. At school, I even keep my window open in winter. :shrug:

Last edited:
Do you go to school outside of Chicago? Sorry if i missed it.
Btw, Steve, it's really nice to see you so active and supportive on this thread :love:

Ha, thanks for the acknowledgment :oops:. I've dedicated so much to this whole process, and it is so nice to connect with people who have done the same. That's why I am now officially an SDN addict. :cool:

I went to school in Chicago. I'm 24 years old now; I graduated in 2009. Currently, I work for a software company in Chicago's "loop".

I lured him over from the 4/16/11 MCAT thread. :smuggrin:

While you are so totally awesome, this honor actually goes to my man Vandy. ;)

Have you been to the Chicago Diner in Halsted? It's all/mostly vegan but SO good!

I wasn't, but it's better than Japan! I know Chicago gets a lot of snow (I think I wore my snowboots for a month straight one winter...) but snow makes the cold worth it! When it's just bitterly cold without the snow, I get angry at the weather. :mad: It doesn't snow where I live. Maybe once a year, and it's a dusting.

This happens a lot. A real lot. This winter was an anomaly: more snow than usual. If you are anywhere near that lake during winter and it isn't snowing, you will feel like you are dying. No joke. :)

I went to school in Chicago. I'm 24 years old now; I graduated in 2009. Currently, I work for a software company in Chicago's "loop".

This happens a lot. A real lot. This winter was an anomaly: more snow than usual. If you are anywhere near that lake during winter and it isn't snowing, you will feel like you are dying. No joke. :)

Me too! What school did you go to? I lived across the street from the lake for 3 years, so I know what you mean.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm like a White Sox fan that doesn't know his limit and eats until he pops. :laugh:
Fixed it for ya'
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I've spent too many years away from home. I need to come back to the Chi!

I'm definitely a cold weather person though. I can't handle anything above 75. At school, I even keep my window open in winter. :shrug:

You. Gr. :mad:

Also, there's a major difference between "cold weather" and bitter, numbing, freezing cold weather. That's the worst!

inb4 some guy/girl from MN or northern WI bashes me since their town is basically the frozen tundra of hell. :laugh:

Ugh, I spent four years in Chicago and it gets cooooold. But majestic summers?! It was always so humid!

However, having lived in Japan, while it doesn't get anywhere NEAR as cold here (never really below 0 where I live), there is no insulation and no such thing as central heating, so I miss Chicago winters. I'm literally cold for 3-4 months straight. And in the summer, I've never been in a more humid place in my life. Ugh.

That is one thing, I will need to overcome is the freaking humidity. I spent summers on the East Coast and I hated every single one of them (weather-wise) because of the humidity. :thumbdown:

Sure, but we are a good amt. of posts away.

Took 4 minutes from when you posted this. Haha.

I need to eat dinner soon COme on page 48!!!! :smuggrin::mad:

That's some dedication right there.

Haha of course! If any of us are interviewing together, let me know and I'll bake up some :)

:D

Here's the recipe : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/best-chocolate-chip-cookies/Detail.aspx

Though instead of 3 cups of flour, add 1.5-2ish and then add about a cup or so of oatmeal. Add as much/as less and you need until its at a good consistency for a cookie dough. I guess thats easier said that done haha. I've made them so many times I can just tell when its right

Oh and go over the amount of chocolate chips required :)

Thanks! I will probably bake some up later this month.

While nothing would make me happier than to get into a Cali school, I can't help but feel in the back of mind that I'm going to end up somewhere where the winters are are terrible. I hate cold weather, and my definition of cold means anything below 70. Southern California has spoiled me

Better work extra hard on those Cali secondaries. :p

Awwww, I might take you up on that offer! Sure hoping we'll get the chance to meet everyone in real life and get beers and phnerd's cookies together!
thanks for the recipe!

EDIT: Toppity-topX2! adios, dinner time! :D

Agreed (minus the beer). Have a nice dinner!

JK, now TOP!

EDIT: DARN YOU ALLLLLLLLLLL

Hahaha.

My friends express the same feelings. When it's cold and windchill makes the temperature below zero and there's no snow, they are miserable. Snow is okay, but I'm ambivalent towards it because during my first winter in undergrad, I slipped and fell so many times in the snow, it was astounding. :rolleyes:

Also, there's a major difference between "cold weather" and bitter, numbing, freezing cold weather. That's the worst!

inb4 some guy/girl from MN or northern WI bashes me since their town is basically the frozen tundra of hell. :laugh:

:laugh: Don't worry, its all out of love Steve, not obligation ;)

lol at the MN and WI....I'll also throw in Canada haha

Me too! What school did you go to? I lived across the street from the lake for 3 years, so I know what you mean.

I was a Loyola kid. How about you? I'm waiting to run into one of my old classmates on here haha.

I live across the street from the lake right now! People are still out and about- it's crazy.

Ha, thanks for the acknowledgment :oops:. I've dedicated so much to this whole process, and it is so nice to connect with people who have done the same. That's why I am now officially an SDN addict. :cool:

Really? Never mind then. :laugh:

Happened all the time while I was on the east coast. Heck, even people from Boston would get in on the fun. :rolleyes:

Chicagoland foodie meet? :) :) :) maubs when are you moving down for school?

Duckfat Tavern in Oak Park has this amazing brie and bacon burger that I can't say no to. I STILL NEED TO GO TO KUMAS CORNER TOOOOOOO!

Oh and the winters in Chicago aren't too terrible, but then again I lived in WI before coming down to the windy city:

n8646267_35500484_3743.jpg

(yeah, needs moar studded tyres)

Lol tough love- I can get on that, being a southsider and all ;). And, yes, those Canadians like to throw out that occasional "you don't know what cold is, mofo" talk just like the wiscis and 'sota people.

Really? Never mind then. :laugh:

Lol- I stumbled on the thread after our awesome 4/16/11 thread ended and saw Vandy first. Then I saw you and I was like aw hell yea. Now here I am. :)

Those were some uncertain and nerve-racking times, those MCAT days!

I was a Loyola kid. How about you? I'm waiting to run into one of my old classmates on here haha.

I live across the street from the lake right now! People are still out and about- it's crazy.

i went to a certain school on the south side ;)

I STILL NEED TO GO TO KUMAS CORNER TOOOOOOO!

Oh and the winters in Chicago aren't too terrible, but then again I lived in WI before coming down to the windy city:

(yeah, needs moar studded tyres)

Kuma's Corner is supposed to be absurdly good.

Then to the bolded: case in point. :)

I am TOTALLY up for a foodie meet! Who's in? I go back to Cleveland :)( ) in about two weeks though.

If you like sweet/salty combos you might want to give these a go. :)

Mmmm I'll definitely try these! I'm obsessed with the sweet/salty combo...I'm the girl that puts sea salt on her ice cream! Sooo good :love:

Alright y'all, Imma head out. Too much time on here + not enough MCATing = not being in the 2016 thread anymore, so we can't have that!

I will leave you with this (hopefully you haven't seen it!)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkdcYlOn5M[/YOUTUBE]

Chicagoland foodie meet? :) :) :) maubs when are you moving down for school?

August 1 is what I'm thinking. I'm going to be taking a few trips down to go apartment-hunting in the meantime, though. I can't think of a better way to get it started than hanging outside Hot Doug's waiting for them to open. ;) If you guys end up arranging something, PM me as I'm unlikely to keep up with this thread and maybe I'll be able to tag along.

I am TOTALLY up for a foodie meet! Who's in? I go back to Cleveland :)( ) in about two weeks though.

Mmmm I'll definitely try these! I'm obsessed with the sweet/salty combo...I'm the girl that puts sea salt on her ice cream! Sooo good :love:

Alright y'all, Imma head out. Too much time on here + not enough MCATing = not being in the 2016 thread anymore, so we can't have that!

I will leave you with this (hopefully you haven't seen it!)

[YOUTUBE]jZkdcYlOn5M[/YOUTUBE]

I'd be up for a foodie meet. All this greasy burger and french fry talk might be a no go for me though :). Just to think, I used to be in tip-top shape before MCATs/applications. :(

Cleveland- ew. Now go study and stay with us. I'd hate to lose our love/hate relationship in the '16 thread. :D

I'm guessing St. Xavier's. I had some friends that went there. I'm guessing you can guess where I went to high school, if you are a southsider yourself ;).

actually, u of c! i'm not a southsider though. i only lived in chicago for college.:D

August 1 is what I'm thinking. I'm going to be taking a few trips down to go apartment-hunting in the meantime, though. I can't think of a better way to get it started than hanging outside Hot Doug's waiting for them to open. ;) If you guys end up arranging something, PM me as I'm unlikely to keep up with this thread and maybe I'll be able to tag along.

We'll be apartment hunting at the same time. My lease is up 7/31. Shoot me a PM if you need help with neighborhoods, pricing, or whatever.

actually, u of c! i'm not a southsider though. i only lived in chicago for college.:D

Oh, well la-ti-da. ;). Haha jk. I always forget that that school is on the south side. I grew up on the farrr south side, so u of c always seemed downtownish to me.

Great now I've got that hastily made Cleveland tourism video song in my head
:mad:

K I'm going to end my super-cool Saturday with a little House, MD. Shout out to phnerd for blowing 3 major story lines for me. ;)

We'll be apartment hunting at the same time. My lease is up 7/31. Shoot me a PM if you need help with neighborhoods, pricing, or whatever.

Thanks--will keep that in mind as I get progressively depressed about the difference in cost of living between here and there.

Only you can make a dark man blush. I'm honored.

K I'm going to end my super-cool Saturday with a little House, MD. Shout out to phnerd for blowing 3 major story lines for me. ;)
Hey I've been watching every episode tonight lol. Came back from some pick up soccer with my buddies (jerks are actually in shape since they play in college) and have been too tired to get off the couch and away from House.

Anyways, did someone say food? I love cooking and am a bit of a foodie.

got my school list down to 41 today. is anyone else finding this excruciatingly difficult? MSAR owns me :thumbdown:

In N Out is terrible by the way, i think I've mentioned that before (maybe in the '15 thread) but it needs to be repeated anyway.
Whaaaa? I don't understand. Defend your position. :laugh:

Oh gosh no haha. I'm not vegan, I couldn't survive without cheese and milk products. I would honestly rather eat grass and dirt than boca burgers, they're completely nasty. Costco has the most decent one I've tried, its the Morningstar chipotle black bean ones....even my carnivore of a boyfriend loves them!

And I am obsessed with Chipotle, and am a HUGEEE fan of avocado/guacamole. :love: I think there was one summer where I would slice an avocado in half, add some salt and lemon and eat it right out of the shell.
You're a vegetarian?! High five. Have you ever had Loving Hut? There's one in Chicago...

Oh yes, Avocados are amazing. I eat them with salt and pepper. I can pick them off the trees where I live (another reason I don't want to leave my beautiful state).

In and Out is cheaper, I'll give it that.

Avocados are nomnomnom.

Just hit the submit button. Feeling a bit numb right about now. Perhaps I should finish that bottle of malbec I started last night... :ninja:

Thanks--will keep that in mind as I get progressively depressed about the difference in cost of living between here and there.

:laugh:. Luckily, the neighborhood that Rush is in is on the cheaper side of the city. The one downfall is that it is filled with these people that call themselves "hipsters". No bueno.

Somewhat related--we should have a foodie and scotch drinkers' night out.

YESSSSSS!

I've been craving glenlivet nadurra all through the winter and spring seasons. I think it's time.

Awe hipsters aren't too bad. Surely beats some of the thugged out dudes tryin' to spit game at like every female on the red line heading south. :laugh: SMH..

Only you can make a dark man blush. I'm honored.

Hey I've been watching every episode tonight lol. Came back from some pick up soccer with my buddies (jerks are actually in shape since they play in college) and have been too tired to get off the couch and away from House.

Haha, it is quite the honor man.

House: just watched the bull rider episode. I found it to be pretty entertaining. His binges and shenanigans were outrageous.

In and Out is cheaper, I'll give it that.

Avocados are nomnomnom.

Just hit the submit button. Feeling a bit numb right about now. Perhaps I should finish that bottle of malbec I started last night... :ninja:

Grats on the submit. Now join the rest of us in the dreadful wait and kicking yourself for pushing off pre-writing :D

YESSSSSS!

I've been craving glenlivet nadurra all through the winter and spring seasons. I think it's time.

Sweet. That gives me an idea--a housewarming get-together with scotch.

Awe hipsters aren't too bad. Surely beats some of the thugged out dudes tryin' to spit game at like every female on the red line heading south. :laugh: SMH..

[YOUTUBE]rMD9FnHSJ14[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xJMD5R8stRc[/YOUTUBE]

Lol- I stumbled on the thread after our awesome 4/16/11 thread ended and saw Vandy first. Then I saw you and I was like aw hell yea. Now here I am. :)

Those were some uncertain and nerve-racking times, those MCAT days!

Seriously. I felt like I bombed that mess. Ridiculous. I didn't partake in the post-test discussion because I would probably get even more paranoid and anxious.

Simple, if I want stale fries and undercooked meat, then In N Out is the place to be. Seriously, the food is terribad and it doesn't matter how I tell them to cook it, it always tastes terrible. Plus there's no selection of food, what if I want chicken, or a salad? And that whole secret menu thing bugs the hell out of me. :nono: In N Out

Oh, haven't done too much scotch, I feel like if I drink it, I'll be admitting to being old. Can we make it a foodie and beer, or rum, tequila, wine, 4 loko....

I've got you now!

Edit: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think I'm never gonna make it :(

Me and a tub of guac is bad news. I'm like a stupid dog that doesn't know his limit and eats until he pops. :laugh:

Me too. Cookies, guac, nachos. Can't control myself haha

Me too although my options are limited here. I do eat a lot of local food, though. good stuff.

You're a vegetarian?! High five. Have you ever had Loving Hut? There's one in Chicago...

Oh yes, Avocados are amazing. I eat them with salt and pepper. I can pick them off the trees where I live (another reason I don't want to leave my beautiful state).

Avocados are everywhere here, too. Although even cooler...I have a mango tree in my front yard!

Congrats n3xa!

Oh, haven't done too much scotch, I feel like if I drink it, I'll be admitting to being old. Can we make it a foodie and beer, or rum, tequila, wine, 4 loko....

I'm in! foodie and scotch or beer...or rum...or tequila...night out. I'm not picky. :D

I wonder how long it'll be before I'm verified. I'm still waiting on one more transcript although I KNOW it's been sent already. Ugh.

I'd be up for a foodie meet. All this greasy burger and french fry talk might be a no go for me though :). Just to think, I used to be in tip-top shape before MCATs/applications. :(

Cleveland- ew. Now go study and stay with us. I'd hate to lose our love/hate relationship in the '16 thread. :D

Yeah I vote no on a burger place haha, just because I wouldn't be able to eat anything!

Yeah the housing will get ya. Good thing the area around Rush is a little cheaper, like Steve said. One of my friends actually leased her apartment for a whole year at UIC and then found out she got into Feinberg a few weeks later. She had to pay two rents :(

Yup! Born and raised, so I don't know what I'm missing haha. No I haven't even heard of it! I'm barely back in Chicagoland as it is, but I'll be sure to check it out :)

Oh my gosh, having an avocado tree would be a dream come true :love:

I thought 4loko was banned?! :confused:

I eat vegan, vegetarian, meat, whatever. I'm just talking about all this greasy goodness because I haven't had a burger since April. :( I've been trying to be mindful of the wallet and the waistline.

Two rents?! :eek: Good lord!

I thought 4loko was banned?! :confused:

I eat vegan, vegetarian, meat, whatever. I'm just talking about all this greasy goodness because I haven't had a burger since April. :( I've been trying to be mindful of the wallet and the waistline.

Two rents?! :eek: Good lord!

It was, but they removed the caffeine from it so the FDA allowed it back on the market. Though that doesn't stop some of my friends from making 5 loko's (4 loko+5 hour energy shot). Man I think I would have a heart attack with one of those.

And right?! Ahaha I can't even pay one rent let alone 2, ESPECIALLY in Chicago. Phew, were her parents PISSED

The thugged out dudes on the red line don't spit game at me, so I like them more than the hipsters.

Seriously. I felt like I bombed that mess. Ridiculous. I didn't partake in the post-test discussion because I would probably get even more paranoid and anxious.

Yea, our test was extremely weird. I still feel like I got shafted on that PS, but what's done is done, and retaking it would just be stupid.