Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And speaking of potato chips...I had french fries for dinner. In Africa. Yes my life is awesome.

I've done that before. In Johannesburg though lol.

Chicago people: What's the word on Rosalind Franklin? I'm debating whether or not to add it. I went back and added UIC after I submitted.

Members don't see this ad.

:love: to the bolded. You've up and down the entire island. :laugh:

That's awesome. Incredibly jealous. I would visit, but sadly I lack funds for a trip like that. How's your teaching experience been? My friend loves her kids and they always do nice things for her to show their appreciation. So cute.

My experience has been amazing. I teach high school, so what my kids lack in physical "cuteness" (seriously, work with a bunch of 15-18 year olds and try to find them "cute") they make up for in being the most hilarious kids ever. Seriously, my kids make my entire job worthwhile.

My experience has been amazing. I teach high school, so what my kids lack in physical "cuteness" (seriously, work with a bunch of 15-18 year olds and try to find them "cute") they make up for in being the most hilarious kids ever. Seriously, my kids make my entire job worthwhile.
awww :love:

As for Chicago, sounds amazing! I'm applying to 4 schools in Illinois. Might have mentioned it before, but when I was little, I always said I would move to Chicago for the pizza :laugh:

And French Fries are my love! Might be, hands down, one of my favorite foods! And french fries from In-n-Out :love: ...animal style :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I love Chicago and am applying to three in the area...all ridiculous reaches, but c'est la vie. I visited last summer and fell in love; big city with Midwestern feel and many many different cool neighborhoods, foods, pizza, people. Ah, love it. I haven't, however, ever experienced the cold there...so we'll see about that. I doubt I'll even get to interview up there, but here's hoping!

+1 to your entire post. Also, I will for sure be applying to one school in Chicago (maybe 2, I can't decide :rolleyes:), but you guys are making me really excited to visit (if I get an interview :xf:) and see what all the hub-bub is about. Granted, it might be ridiculously cold and taint my view of it somewhat. Haha.

Haha it definitely is the best city, and not just because I've lived nearby my whole life. I feel like you still have the big city feel, but its small enough that its not overwhelming, like New York. You guys will definitely love it! Here's hoping you all get an interview and its not too cold :xf:

We're getting so close to a new page, but I'm not going to be near a computer for a few hours. Damn.

On a different note, I just made baked sweet potato chips. NEW FAVORITE FOOD.

That sounds AMAZING! I'll trade ya for some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies :)

Another thing I really love is banana chips. I'm indian, and my mom gets these spicy ones from indian stores. They're absolutely to die for.

I've done that before. In Johannesburg though lol.

Chicago people: What's the word on Rosalind Franklin? I'm debating whether or not to add it. I went back and added UIC after I submitted.

To be honest, I've heard the least about RFU. All I know is that it's traditionally Jewish, and a few years ago they were put on probation by the LCME but they're fine now.

Here's last year's thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=728293

Top woooooo!

Ah, damn it bookfreak! Beat me out! At least I got you the top spot with my last post :)

Nope! I did :D We posted at the exact same time!

:)

And I've never been to In n out...shocking, I know. I'm a vegetarian so I'd probably only be able to eat the fries anyway haha. Not a big fried food person though, trying to cut it out :(

Haha it definitely is the best city, and not just because I've lived nearby my whole life. I feel like you still have the big city feel, but its small enough that its not overwhelming, like New York. You guys will definitely love it! Here's hoping you all get an interview and its not too cold :xf:

Another thing I really love is banana chips. I'm indian, and my mom gets these spicy ones from indian stores. They're absolutely to die for.

To be honest, I've heard the least about RFU. All I know is that it's traditionally Jewish, and a few years ago they were put on probation by the LCME but they're fine now.

Here's last year's thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=728293
EEEK! phnerd, you make Chicago sound divine! Here's to hoping we all can interview in Chicago :xf::luck:
Gah! I love the banana chips too :love: so delicious!

aww, man, I totally missed the top. I got caught up watching old episodes of Boston Med. I haven't had internet good enough to stream them until now. A nice celebratory evening :)

Ahh I totally don't know what to do about my application now. Here's the two scenarios:

1) Submit with all schools I will apply to in the next few days. Do secondaries and submit them after exam July 16th. Be complete when MCAT score comes in August 16th

2) Submit app with ONE school now, just to get verified. Pre-write secondaries after MCAT. Once I get the score August 16th, select rest of the schools and submit primary to them. Hopefully get the secondaries by end of August, and have a 20 minute turnaround since all essays will be done. Complete end August/beginning of September.

What do you guys think? I want to do the first, but I know the second is safer and I don't want to be out $5000. Will the two week difference matter? I know schools start sending interview invites in August for Sep-Nov, and I would be at a disadvantage in scheduling.

aww, man, I totally missed the top. I got caught up watching old episodes of Boston Med. I haven't had internet good enough to stream them until now. A nice celebratory evening :)

I heard that show is amazing. Though starting a new show in the midst of MCAT studying wouldn't be so smart :laugh:

:)

And I've never been to In n out...shocking, I know. I'm a vegetarian so I'd probably only be able to eat the fries anyway haha. Not a big fried food person though, trying to cut it out :(

I'm trying...it't not working! But I've also never been to In n Out. Also a vegetarian here, even tried vegan for a while, but I love me some cheese.

I'm applying to RFU. I know their stats are a little lower and are amenable to OOS applicants. I guess that means I'm applying to four Chicago schools, not three like I said earlier.

Mmmm, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh I totally don't know what to do about my application now. Here's the two scenarios:

1) Submit with all schools I will apply to in the next few days. Do secondaries and submit them after exam July 16th. Be complete when MCAT score comes in August 16th

2) Submit app with ONE school now, just to get verified. Pre-write secondaries after MCAT. Once I get the score August 16th, select rest of the schools and submit primary to them. Hopefully get the secondaries by end of August, and have a 20 minute turnaround since all essays will be done. Complete end August/beginning of September.

What do you guys think? I want to do the first, but I know the second is safer and I don't want to be out $5000. Will the two week difference matter? I know schools start sending interview invites in August for Sep-Nov, and I would be at a disadvantage in scheduling.

I heard that show is amazing. Though starting a new show in the midst of MCAT studying wouldn't be so smart :laugh:

I don't know if I would say it's amazing...I'm on the 4th episode right now...it's...interesting. I'm not sure the producers portrayed everyone in a fair light. I'm enjoying it though for sure!

And as to your dilemma, I would actually lean toward submitting now and getting verified and then later adding in the other schools. I mean...that's a lot of money to just hope your MCAT will line up. And there's no real reason to not wait. I mean, you'll still be verified and if your secondaries will be pre-written, what's the negative?

+1 for Boston Med!

And not a fan of In and Out anymore. For fries I'd rather splurge on some Five Guys. Or duckfat fries from Hot Doug's. MMMMMMM.

*goes back to eating her bland sweet potato* :(

Darn you for making me want Five Guys....

What's shakin', '16?

Hi Cougs! :hello:
Not much going on here...just submitted my app a few hours ago!
I actually watched a little Archer earlier today and thought of your avatar :D

What's shakin', '16?

MMMMMM. Five Guys is across the street from Vanderbilt. Wish I were back at school so I could just walk there.

Yay! Good luck.

What's shakin', '16?

Five Guys is like the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth. I wish they would replace all the In n Outs because they deserve to be a much bigger chain, the nearest one is like 30 minutes away.

In N Out is terrible by the way, i think I've mentioned that before (maybe in the '15 thread) but it needs to be repeated anyway.

Anyways, got out of work (pretty rough day today) and trying to go over aldehydes and ketones without :sleep:

I've never had Five Guys OR In N Out and I feel like I'm missing out :(

Five Guys is pretty darn good, and I would certainly call myself a burger enthusiast (much to my arteries' discontent). Their french fries are pretty dope too, and you gotta love the peanuts.

On Five Guys, yes, but definitely not on In N Out.
+1 for Boston Med!

And not a fan of In and Out anymore. For fries I'd rather splurge on some Five Guys. Or duckfat fries from Hot Doug's. MMMMMMM.

Who is this Hot Doug and tell me more about these fries fried in duck fat

+1 for Boston Med!

hm I need to hang with you more! duckfat fries?! damn.

What's shakin', '16?

:hello: PS and AMCAS. who knew I would occupy myself from waiting on my MCAT score with THOSE.
MMMMMM. Five Guys is across the street from Vanderbilt. Wish I were back at school so I could just walk there.

Yay! Good luck.

Five Guys is like the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth. I wish they would replace all the In n Outs because they deserve to be a much bigger chain, the nearest one is like 30 minutes away.

In N Out is terrible by the way, i think I've mentioned that before (maybe in the '15 thread) but it needs to be repeated anyway.

Anyways, got out of work (pretty rough day today) and trying to go over aldehydes and ketones without :sleep:

Five Guys is pretty darn good, and I would certainly call myself a burger enthusiast (much to my arteries' discontent). Their french fries are pretty dope too, and you gotta love the peanuts.
WHAT THE HELL! Must try this five guys since I've never had it and this is my first time hearing of it :O I'm on a mission now!
On Five Guys, yes, but definitely not on In N Out.

Who is this Hot Doug and tell me more about these fries fried in duck fat
+1 :thumbup:

We're getting so close to a new page, but I'm not going to be near a computer for a few hours. Damn.

+1.

I love Chicago and am applying to three in the area...all ridiculous reaches, but c'est la vie. I visited last summer and fell in love; big city with Midwestern feel and many many different cool neighborhoods, foods, pizza, people. Ah, love it. I haven't, however, ever experienced the cold there...so we'll see about that. I doubt I'll even get to interview up there, but here's hoping!

Their winters are worst than the East coast. :thumbdown: Still won't deter me from applying there. :D

That's great. I feel that a lot of teachers (in the US) are missing what is bolded and it is nice to see you still have it after 3 years! :thumbup:

possibly top?! :xf:

Nope. :smuggrin:

maybe not :thumbdown:

EDIT: Yeahhhuhhh! finally

Boooooo. :p

I would go with Option #2 to hedge your bets. You don't to apply to all these schools and realize your MCAT makes it hard to get into a lot of them. After your MCAT comes in, then add schools as you see fit. :)

Mmmm, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Oatmeal chocolate chip sounds interesting. I've never had that. What I do know is that Oatmeal raising = Yuck :thumbdown:, but oatmeal cookies are okay, not great though.

What's shakin', '16?

Hello, hello!

Never had Five Guys even though they built one 5 minutes from my house. I should try it out sometime, lol.

All this burger talk is not necessary, because no burger comes close to anything CHIPOTLE offers. That place is amazing.

now I feel like I'm becoming part of a never tried 5 guys club! I don't feel so alone :mad:

phnerd, I too would go with option 2. This way, you prepare for the worse, but if/when it's good, you can just go from there :)

Jesus, this thread goes berserk on the weekends (when I'm not really on SDN much).

Chicago: it certainly is "divine", but it has its drawbacks. I've lived in Chicago my entire life, and the winters still make me want to pack my s*** and leave every single year :laugh:. Summers are majestic, but the weather here is seriously random and truthfully only nice about 4-5 months out of the year. The culture, though, is as good as it gets, and you can have an absolute blast out here.

Solid school that I'm very interested in. Def was on my AMCAS list.

# 1 if you feel like you know whereabouts you will score. # 2 if you have no idea.

+1 for Boston Med!

+2 Boston med. Duckfat fries? :wtf: Lol- I'd try them though.

Congrats! Good luck to you.

All this burger talk is not necessary, because no burger comes close to anything CHIPOTLE offers. That place is amazing.

Yummm, i had chipotle for dinner last night! I had my left over chips for breakfast this morning <3

But, burgers and fries hold a special place in my heart :love:

Oatmeal chocolate chip sounds interesting. I've never had that. What I do know is that Oatmeal raising = Yuck :thumbdown:, but oatmeal cookies are okay, not great though.

Oatmeal choc cookies are amazing, especially if you make them the way I do. About two bags of chocolate chips and only half a cup of oatmeal. ;)

See I WOULD trust my ability on practice tests, except that I can't anymore. A 6 point drop from practice test to real test does that for you :/. Option 2 it is. Hope end of august vs mid august doesn't matter too much

Samesies.

Man, I wish someone would make a good veggie burger...

I had one once (Boca, I think), and it wasn't that great (tasted weird, but maybe I'm used to the texture and feel of meat, lol). I'm guessing Boca doesn't satisfy your vegan tastes?

Chipotle is delicious, but burgers and burritos are completely different beasts.

Oatmeal choc cookies are amazing, especially if you make them the way I do. About two bags of chocolate chips and only half a cup of oatmeal. ;)
girl, you know what's up! I try to tell myself that it's also better for me and my ass...what a girl :rolleyes:

Baking brownies tomorrow for a friend because I lost a bet. this should be fun. Probably will end up baking a tray off for home too. Will definitely be needing it during finals week :mad:

Jesus, this thread goes berserk on the weekends (when I'm not really on SDN much).

Chicago: it certainly is "divine", but it has its drawbacks. I've lived in Chicago my entire life, and the winters still make me want to pack my s*** and leave every single year :laugh:. Summers are majestic, but the weather here is seriously random and truthfully only nice about 4-5 months out of the year. The culture, though, is as good as it gets, and you can have an absolute blast out here.

Solid school that I'm very interested in. Def was on my AMCAS list.

Congrats! Good luck to you.

:scared: to the bolded. I forgot to congratulate you kansaskid...Congrats on submitting! :D

Yummm, i had chipotle for dinner last night! I had my left over chips for breakfast this morning <3

But, burgers and fries hold a special place in my heart :love:

*highfives*

:love:

I had one once (Boca, I think), and it wasn't that great (tasted weird, but maybe I'm used to the texture and feel of meat, lol). I'm guessing Boca doesn't satisfy your vegan tastes?

Chipotle is delicious, but burgers and burritos are completely different beasts.

Oh gosh no haha. I'm not vegan, I couldn't survive without cheese and milk products. I would honestly rather eat grass and dirt than boca burgers, they're completely nasty. Costco has the most decent one I've tried, its the Morningstar chipotle black bean ones....even my carnivore of a boyfriend loves them!

And I am obsessed with Chipotle, and am a HUGEEE fan of avocado/guacamole. :love: I think there was one summer where I would slice an avocado in half, add some salt and lemon and eat it right out of the shell.

yup, I've been behind on who's submitted, but congrats!!!!!!! :luck::thumbup::xf:

Also, phnerd, you should share your top-secret recipe with me/us/whoever cares :) I would love to bake a batch off for my friends for graduations!

girl, you know what's up! I try to tell myself that it's also better for me and my ass...what a girl :rolleyes:

Baking brownies tomorrow for a friend because I lost a bet. this should be fun. Probably will end up baking a tray off for home too. Will definitely be needing it during finals week :mad:

Brownies = yum!

Anyone game to see who can steal the next top spot? :smuggrin:

:scared: to the bolded.

Hahaha. Oh man, especially for people from Cali or the West Coast, Chicago winters can be absolutely BRUTAL. My TPR teacher was from Cali and was doing his M1 at NU; he looked absolutely miserable during the Dec-Feb months :laugh:.

Weather's awesome now, though :). Beachin' it up in the a.m.!

Part of me would love to try out the east coast, but it'll be beast in the winter compared to the CA weather :/ We'll see...maybe the interview trail will change my mind :rolleyes:

Oh gosh no haha. I'm not vegan, I couldn't survive without cheese and milk products. I would honestly rather eat grass and dirt than boca burgers, they're completely nasty. Costco has the most decent one I've tried, its the Morningstar chipotle black bean ones....even my carnivore of a boyfriend loves them!

And I am obsessed with Chipotle, and am a HUGEEE fan of avocado/guacamole. :love: I think there was one summer where I would slice an avocado in half, add some salt and lemon and eat it right out of the shell.

Guacamole is delicious. I didn't know Costco made veggie burgers, only ones I know of is Boca. Lol. Maybe I'll pick some up....

yup, I've been behind on who's submitted, but congrats!!!!!!! :luck::thumbup::xf:

Also, phnerd, you should share your top-secret recipe with me/us/whoever cares :) I would love to bake a batch off for my friends for graduations!

Me, me!!!

Ugh, I spent four years in Chicago and it gets cooooold. But majestic summers?! It was always so humid!

However, having lived in Japan, while it doesn't get anywhere NEAR as cold here (never really below 0 where I live), there is no insulation and no such thing as central heating, so I miss Chicago winters. I'm literally cold for 3-4 months straight. And in the summer, I've never been in a more humid place in my life. Ugh.

Ugh, I spent four years in Chicago and it gets cooooold. But majestic summers?! It was always so humid!

However, having lived in Japan, while it doesn't get anywhere NEAR as cold here (never really below 0 where I live), there is no insulation and no such thing as central heating, so I miss Chicago winters. I'm literally cold for 3-4 months straight. And in the summer, I've never been in a more humid place in my life. Ugh.
I've always wanted to visit Japan!!! :love:
I can tell you're not a big fan of the Chicago weather? :rolleyes::smuggrin:

Brownies = yum!

Anyone game to see who can steal the next top spot?
:smuggrin:

Sure, but we are a good amt. of posts away.

Part of me would love to try out the east coast, but it'll be beast in the winter compared to the CA weather :/ We'll see...maybe the interview trail will change my mind :rolleyes:

East coast does sound really nice to me as well. I'd love to experience more than the little that I have. For me, though, I'm basing my preferences almost exclusively on my impression during (what will hopefully be many :xf:) interviews. Of course, Chicago stands as a strong favorite as of now, since it is home.

Congrats on submitting as well kansaskid!

Haha of course! If any of us are interviewing together, let me know and I'll bake up some :)

Here's the recipe : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/best-chocolate-chip-cookies/Detail.aspx

Though instead of 3 cups of flour, add 1.5-2ish and then add about a cup or so of oatmeal. Add as much/as less and you need until its at a good consistency for a cookie dough. I guess thats easier said that done haha. I've made them so many times I can just tell when its right

Oh and go over the amount of chocolate chips required :)

Sure, but we are a good amt. of posts away.

East coast does sound really nice to me as well. I'd love to experience more than the little that I have. For me, though, I'm basing my preferences almost exclusively on my impression during (what will hopefully be many :xf:) interviews. Of course, Chicago stands as a strong favorite as of now, since it is home.
Do you go to school outside of Chicago? Sorry if i missed it.
Btw, Steve, it's really nice to see you so active and supportive on this thread :love: