Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Walking Dead is also awesome, do you follow the comics? I only hope that during an interview someone asks me what books I like to read (or hobbies) I'll mention reading the Walking Dead.

No but I hear the show was pretty spot on in comparison to the comics

Members don't see this ad.

Just watched an episode of House and now onto Dexter before my final study cram sesh tomorrow. Living the good life after 4 hours of exams today. :)

Btw, what is Psych? I've heard good things but don't even know what it is about.

No but I hear the show was pretty spot on in comparison to the comics

For the most part yes, and its an amazing comic, I highly suggest that you look into it. That is, if comics are your thing of course :D

Members don't see this ad :)
never got into that show my faves are

24, family guy, house, nip/tuck, boardwalk empire, walking dead, dexter..

Excellent shows, Walking dead is amazing!!

I also watch Burn notice and Chuck (very cute girl ;))

Isn't it awesome?

I have one of those mugs that says "The Psychic is IN" I need another one, I think. You can never have too much Psych gear;)

Saw one episode and looked good, gotta see if Hulu+ or Netflix has it

Psych is one of the better shows out there!!
I also watch House, Bones, Big Bang, Outsourced, and White Collar.

Dumb question:

I know there is some "mixed" ideas about DO and IMG. I wonder if there is a difference between Puerto Rican schools and the other ones in state? Do they get left overs like I read about DOs and IMGs?

never got into that show my faves are

24, family guy, house, nip/tuck, boardwalk empire, walking dead, dexter..

What would you compare boardwalk empire to? I have been meaning to watch it, been sitting in my DVR but I saw a short clip on the making of it and didn't look too impressive. I'm not being quick to judge just curious if you had a comparison in mind.

*fingers crossed*

:p

Hey girl! OMG YOU HAVE A MASTERS IN ORGANIC? you're my hero!
I am currently watching some Khan Academy videos to keep myself engaged while I study for my ochem final early in the AM. major deal breaking exam right here!
nice to see someone actually enjoys ochem :)

I am currently watching some Khan Academy videos to keep myself engaged while I study for my ochem final early in the AM. major deal breaking exam right here!

:thumbup: Khan Academy helped me review all those elementary steps for orgo 2...probably would've failed without it!

:thumbup: Khan Academy helped me review all those elementary steps for orgo 2...probably would've failed without it!

I'm loving it! It's easy to understand, so i'll do a video, practice problems, move on! i feel like i'm actually retaining the information :D ochem final, here i come *cue epic battle music*

LOL OMG HAI :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(I'm glad I didn't get the usual, "OMG OCHEM WORST SUBJECT EVAR WHY DO I NEED THIS FOR MEDICAL SKOOL." :) Good luck with your ochem final and if you get stuck, just think what would an electron do?)

Good luck to ya! Just had my Orgo 2 final last week, but I still keep dreaming mechanisms with electron densities and orbitals...not cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
It should all be worth it if I can do this on my work clothes (scrubs).... Jump to the 38sec mark. For some reason the embed doesn't allow it automatically

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81NpdkTcMAE#t=38s[/YOUTUBE]

Never trust a big butt and a smile. ;)

When that single first came out I spent all summer long bumpin' that on my tape player and working on my "running man" and "cabbage patch" with all the neighborhood kids. :laugh:

i remember going through ochem, i literally had dreams about exams in that class. that class was driving me crazy. Now i have to go through it all over again because of the MCAT. I'll never get away from OChem will I

What would you compare boardwalk empire to? I have been meaning to watch it, been sitting in my DVR but I saw a short clip on the making of it and didn't look too impressive. I'm not being quick to judge just curious if you had a comparison in mind.

idk really? it's about prohibition, real gangster feel....violence, alcohol, sex....my type of show :cool:

definitely emory! mercer takes no out of staters... for some reason thought mcg was the same but i'd have to double check...

I really really really wanna get in to Emory, cuz they have a great curriculum and the school is located in the heart of metropolitan Atlanta. But the average MCAT of matriculants there is like 33.8. I don't even know if I can break a 30 on the real thing! lol

MCG is also a good school, but only 5% can be OOS....

do you think taking 5 online classes to raise my gpa about 0.02-0.03 is a cheap trick? will the adcoms even notice? also, if some CC work i took before is already on my university transcript, will i have to send the CC transcripts in?

do you think taking 5 online classes to raise my gpa about 0.02-0.03 is a cheap trick? will the adcoms even notice? also, if some CC work i took before is already on my university transcript, will i have to send the CC transcripts in?

I don't think it is a "cheap trick," but taking five classes to raise you GPA 0.02-0.03 does not seem worth it. That is a lot of work for a little bump.

It is my understanding that many schools do not accept online coursework. I may be wrong

they wont know its an online course. it has a normal course title. im really thinking about it...they are hella easy classes and will literally take an hour per week each..

I really really really wanna get in to Emory, cuz they have a great curriculum and the school is located in the heart of metropolitan Atlanta. But the average MCAT of matriculants there is like 33.8. I don't even know if I can break a 30 on the real thing! lol

MCG is also a good school, but only 5% can be OOS....

Emory seems awesome, OOS acceptance seems low though

they wont know its an online course. it has a normal course title. im really thinking about it...they are hella easy classes and will literally take an hour per week each..

If it's that simple, go for it. Might have some interesting material you could write about in essays/talk about at interviews.

Going crazy with finals... I feel like I might get my first C this semester ugghh :(

Their latest stats are: 42in, 88oos

Awesome :)

Is anyone here taking a May MCAT besides me? I'm gonna try to start studying over Christmas break, don't know how that's gonna work out though, especially with all the distractions I'll be getting.......

Is anyone here taking a May MCAT besides me? I'm gonna try to start studying over Christmas break, don't know how that's gonna work out though, especially with all the distractions I'll be getting.......

BLUH. good luck with the monster! i took in sept. i need to get on it and get my studyjunk together to sell. KISS MY BOOTY, MCAT. though i have to admit after being years away from my prereqs it was interesting to relearn some of this stuff... i think i got some of it better the 2nd time around!

May 22.

After sooo much work got a B on Orgo 1!!!! Best part is that it hurted my GPA :(

ah akuarys, you got this! what final do you have? how have your other ones been?

I had genetics and physics and now microbio. It's just that on top of it I have three (5-10)-pages-paper due tomorrow for my language courses (thus non-english which is a pain lol). Finishing my last one plus studying... exciting times haha. In T-30 hours, I'll relax :cool:

BLUH. good luck with the monster! i took in sept. i need to get on it and get my studyjunk together to sell. KISS MY BOOTY, MCAT. though i have to admit after being years away from my prereqs it was interesting to relearn some of this stuff... i think i got some of it better the 2nd time around!

Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get. So I take it you did really well the second time around; this will be my second time taking it also. Hopefully, second time's the charm :xf:

May 22.

After sooo much work got a B on Orgo 1!!!! Best part is that it hurted my GPA :(

Sorry to hear that Venc, but at least you didn't get like a C or worse... I'll be taking Orgo 2 next semester, hopefully it won't be as bad as Orgo 1 :scared:

Sorry to hear that Venc, but at least you didn't get like a C or worse... I'll be taking Orgo 2 next semester, hopefully it won't be as bad as Orgo 1 :scared:

LOL hopefully. Getting a diff proff next semester (Orgo 2) that doesn't enjoy making our lives a nightmare ;)

Finals are done! A in molecular biochemistry and microbiology! My science GPA survives another semester lol.:thumbup:

Finally finished my damn econ. paper, so now I just have to study for 3 finals next week, but I'm off until Monday :D

As this is my new found lover, major catching up on the thread to do. be prepared!

Their latest stats are: 42in, 88oos
OHHH good to know! I've been looking into Emory, partly because it's in Georgia (yes, beautiful!)

OHH I am! May 21, 8am? are you taking the early or late May? As for studying, I need to avoid distractions and devote this christmas break to major MCAT note taking and my research! The preliminary paper work are done, so I officially start my project this break (I've been shadowing other researchers for months)
Oh and you got this the second time around :) we're all here to support each other!

Oh congrats! must feel got to be done :D

just got OWNED by my ch final, wow
Aw boo! I got mega owned by the pchem final! I briefly saw a thread on SDN about pchem final ownage, so I am going to go mope on there :/

May 22.

May 21, yeah? oh and congrats! I'm praying for a B in ochem 1 (actually, hoping major for a B+)

I had genetics and physics and now microbio. It's just that on top of it I have three (5-10)-pages-paper due tomorrow for my language courses (thus non-english which is a pain lol). Finishing my last one plus studying... exciting times haha. In T-30 hours, I'll relax :cool:
Oh wow! you got own that! I have a cell exam early in the morning, just got home from other stuff, so commence begin studying now for 8am final! :(

Finals are done! A in molecular biochemistry and microbiology! My science GPA survives another semester lol.:thumbup:

Oh congrats! Hoping for science A's, but i'll update on that next week! hopefully no moping when I come on here!

Finally finished my damn econ. paper, so now I just have to study for 3 finals next week, but I'm off until Monday :D

you have finals next week? yikes! don't worry, we won't rub in the fact that we're on break TOO much in your face (i know, odd sentence structure, but too burned out to even attempt at fixing it) :laugh: good luck though!!

done with finals, now I wait for my ****ty grades to get posted so I can change career plans

OHHH good to know! I've been looking into Emory, partly because it's in Georgia (yes, beautiful!)

OHH I am! May 21, 8am? are you taking the early or late May? As for studying, I need to avoid distractions and devote this christmas break to major MCAT note taking and my research! The preliminary paper work are done, so I officially start my project this break (I've been shadowing other researchers for months)
Oh and you got this the second time around :) we're all here to support each other!

You would absolutely love living in Georgia: beautiful cities to explore, amazing nightlife,and there's always something to do anytime anywhere....

I'll prolly take my MCAT in late May, as I have another semester before graduation and will not have much time to devote to taking full lenghths until the beginning of May.

Are u done with finals yet?

you have finals next week? yikes! don't worry, we won't rub in the fact that we're on break TOO much in your face (i know, odd sentence structure, but too burned out to even attempt at fixing it) :laugh: good luck though!!

Haha, thanks. When does your next semester start? We don't begin until the 24th, so I'm alright with taking exams later as long as I have a month break.

done with finals, now I wait for my ****ty grades to get posted so I can change career plans

Hells no! the SDN you will become a docta!

You would absolutely love living in Georgia: beautiful cities to explore, amazing nightlife,and there's always something to do anytime anywhere....

I'll prolly take my MCAT in late May, as I have another semester before graduation and will not have much time to devote to taking full lenghths until the beginning of May.

Ohhhh sounds amazing! I have a friend from Georgia and his pictures makes me jealous! guessing you're a GA resident?
I'm not done :( Final at 8am and a proposal presentation. then homework and labs due for pchem!
Ah so we're in the same boat when it come to the MCAT! :)

Haha, thanks. When does your next semester start? We don't begin until the 24th, so I'm alright with taking exams later as long as I have a month break.
ohhh that's not bad at all! i guess it works the flip side in January. it's because you're semester right? We come back January 10 :(

LOL hopefully. Getting a diff proff next semester (Orgo 2) that doesn't enjoy making our lives a nightmare ;)

Well, I'll still have the same professor, but she doesn't make our lives miserable, it's Orgo that does! lol

Wait, you're from Alabama -_-
<----
I need to read!

Ohhhh sounds amazing! I have a friend from Georgia and his pictures makes me jealous! guessing you're a GA resident?
I'm not done :( Final at 8am and a proposal presentation. then homework and labs due for pchem!
Ah so we're in the same boat when it come to the MCAT! :)

ohhh that's not bad at all! i guess it works the flip side in January. it's because you're semester right? We come back January 10 :(

You gotta teach me how to reply to several people in one post! I feel like this thread will eventually ban me for posting too many times at once lol.

Anyway, I'm actually an AL resident, but most of my close friends are from GA, and I go there a lot, so yes and no? lol

Good luck! Early morning finals suck, I'd probably fail if I had to take one that early. Good thing all my exams are either in the afternoon or evening. Don't know about next semester though....

You gotta teach me how to reply to several people in one post! I feel like this thread will eventually ban me for posting too many times at once lol.

Anyway, I'm actually an AL resident, but most of my close friends are from GA, and I go there a lot, so yes and no? lol

Good luck! Early morning finals suck, I'd probably fail if I had to take one that early. Good thing all my exams are either in the afternoon or evening. Don't know about next semester though....

Pft no way! it's the button after quote in the bottom right hand corner. It's a sheet of paper with quotes haha
Ah yeah, i realized after you're from AL because of your profile on the side. That's awesome though, never been there, so even just an interview would be a mini vacation!
and thank you! yesss too early. all nighter awaits. I hope I do relatively well! you're done with finals yeah?