Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YOU'RE AT 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY FOR @Cyberdyne 101!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve each and every one, along with thousands more!!!! :D :D :D Thanks for being such a great member of this thread and community :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
YOU'RE AT 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY FOR @Cyberdyne 101!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve each and every one, along with thousands more!!!! :D :D :D Thanks for being such a great member of this thread and community :) :)
I posted a sunflower pic because I wanted you to make it 2,000! And it worked!!!!

And thank you for leading me to this thread!! You're amazing!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I posted a sunflower pic because I wanted you to make it 2,000! And it worked!!!!

It worked!!!!! And now I made it 2001 ;) :) :biglove: :clap::soexcited::highfive::woot::claps::banana:

Edit: I quoted your post too soon.... Awwww! I'm so so glad you're here! :) Thank you for your constant kindness :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I'll admit I'm a noob and I was a long time lurker and just saw that everyone else had a penguin avatar and wanted to be included ... Anybody care to enlighten me or link me in the right direction to learn how this penguin thing stared... I shall start my investigation with duke
It may have been my doing but I am not sure.

Reactions: 1 user
*sigh* I'm just sitting here hoping I escape @ridethecliche 's scourge.
Well, you have to protect your followers! Use your superpowers!!
destructionweakness.gif

destructionweakness.gif
Is that skyrim? or WoW? Using my vast knowledge of video games I'm guessing it's one of the two...

I'm guessing Skyrim. Because I played skyrim for 2 hours once and this looks familiar.

MEMEMEMEMEME I wanna play the like game too :(
Only at 1058.....

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait can all of you like this comment for no reason?:D

Reactions: 13 users
It may have been my doing but I am not sure.

I have found my Sarah Connor.

Ah, so you're the leader of the penguin cult!! It doesn't surprise me at all ;)

And for some random reason, @ridethecliche decided to go "1984 Terminator" on us. I still can't get over his new avatar :laugh:

Let the hate flow through you.

*sigh* I'm just sitting here hoping I escape @ridethecliche 's scourge.

Wishful thinking

destructionweakness.gif

NO ONE IS SAFEEE!!!

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife!

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
A worthy adversary appears.

WE SHALL FIGHT TO THE PAIN!

This will be the aftermath (i'm the one on the left and you're the one running away:p):
penguin-fight-o.gif

btw that clip is hilarious!

Last edited:
:wow: whoooooooaaaaaaah! The legend herself! I imagine having this whole thing blow up like this must feel cool, kind of like being the first one to clap at a performance and having everyone join you or being the first one to stand during a standing ovation and having everyone else stand up too! I love this whole penguin thing, I might have to join @ridethecliche although I like to think I am the soulful traveler penguin who lost his way from the Antarctic and found himself on the shores of South Africa.... yes yes yes I know two different species of penguins yada yada yada, but that's how I like to think of my little buddy of an avatar:)

The seeds for mutiny were planted long ago.

With betrayal, comes DOOM!!!

Also Happyfeet1292 is a thing....the plot thickens.

@ridethecliche must also destroy happyfeet.

Guys I'm so confuseddd! I'm a girl penguin and I didn't betray anyone! I never asked for this... too much responsibility! I'm too young to die!

I'm also very confused as to who is currently hunting penguins and who is currently not hunting penguins.

Guys I'm so confuseddd! I'm a girl penguin and I didn't betray anyone! I never asked for this... too much responsibility! I'm too young to die!

I'm also very confused as to who is currently hunting penguins and who is currently not hunting penguins.
You're the Queen Penguin, the chosen one. It's actually pretty cool because a lot of people did get more interviews once they switched their avatar to a Penguin. Coincidence or not, that's awesome!

For whatever reason @ridethecliche has gone rogue and is attacking the village

@Cyberdyne 101 and I have to come to the rescue because he is the terminator and I am the Super Penguin.

You're the Queen Penguin, the chosen one. It's actually pretty cool because a lot of people did get more interviews once they switched their avatar to a Penguin. Coincidence or not, that's awesome!

@Cyberdyne 101 and I have to come to the rescue because he is the terminator and I am the Super Penguin.

Ohhh that clarifies! Thanks guys :) I'm just a normal fluffy penguin so terminator and super penguin help are much needed ^_^

I lend my fleet of starships and an abundant supply of redcoat penguins to your cause!! Red alert!

On a non-Terminator topic, I just went through the list of outside scholarships on Geisel's website, which has been posted in this thread before. It's like hunting for a needle in a haystack, only the needle needs to have written on it your county of birth, ethnicity/nationality, or Greek affiliation.

One scholarship that seems to allow applications from almost anyone is the Tylenol Future Care Scholarship, open to enrolled students, so I could apply next year. But I am not likely to do so. This pharmaceutical company's signature product causes the most overdoses in the U.S. and kills 100+ Americans per year. And the company itself has engaged in some controversial marketing practices, described in an episode of This American Life.

So I dove back into the haystack. The only scholarship whose specific requirements I seem to fit is one that, well . . . I recently learned that one of my ancestors, an immigrant to the U.S., served in the Civil War . . . in Florida. As in, the Confederate States of America. That makes me eligible for a scholarship from the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which is open to both genders. Nobody in my family has lived in the South since my Confederate ancestor's actual daughter moved to the Midwest, but eligible is eligible . . . on second thought (well really, first thought), medical school isn't that expensive.

Reactions: 3 users
On a non-Terminator topic, I just went through the list of outside scholarships on Geisel's website, which has been posted in this thread before. It's like hunting for a needle in a haystack, only the needle needs to have written on it your county of birth, ethnicity/nationality, or Greek affiliation.

One scholarship that seems to allow applications from almost anyone is the Tylenol Future Care Scholarship, open to enrolled students, so I could apply next year. But I am not likely to do so. This pharmaceutical company's signature product causes the most overdoses in the U.S. and kills 100+ Americans per year. And the company itself has engaged in some controversial marketing practices, described in an episode of This American Life.

So I dove back into the haystack. The only scholarship whose specific requirements I seem to fit is one that, well . . . I recently learned that one of my ancestors, an immigrant to the U.S., served in the Civil War . . . in Florida. As in, the Confederate States of America. That makes me eligible for a scholarship from the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which is open to both genders. Nobody in my family has lived in the South since my Confederate ancestor's actual daughter moved to the Midwest, but eligible is eligible . . . on second thought (well really, first thought), medical school isn't that expensive.
Probably lots of overlap, but there's this as well: http://zone.medschool.pitt.edu/Financial Aid/scholarships/Pages/default.aspx

Last edited:
Huh.

Didn't know I had a kid.

Awkward....

(@Cyberdyne 101 )

Um... sorry you had to find out this way...

Last edited:
Okay glad we're back on track to the terminator topic and not talking about less important things like scholarships :p (sorry for those fighting words @breakintheroof ). Although this is starting to sound more like starwars with @ridethecliche as Darth Vader, @Cyberdyne 101 as Luke Skywalker, @nolimits1 as Han Solo, @ProbablyAPenguin , and @spockprime as Spock where he uses his knowledge to cross over movies. And me.... I'm just a grunt stormtrooper fighting for the empire :D
wait wait wait.... Time out! Who's @nolimits1??? Imposter!! Haha

One of these is not like the others
a-penguin-imposter.jpg

Imposters71Detail.png

Last edited:

I'm crossing my fingers you get a scholarship from some of the schools you are waiting to hear from:xf:

I'm crossing my fingers you get a scholarship from some of the schools you are waiting to hear from:xf:
Thank you my friend. I've already been lucky enough to receive a partial scholarship so I have nothing to complain about. Here's hoping the whole flock can harvest some scholarships out of cold Antarctic ocean!

Thank you my friend. I've already been lucky enough to receive a partial scholarship so I have nothing to complain about. Here's hoping the whole flock can harvest some scholarships out of cold Antarctic ocean!
Were you looking at the Dartmouth site because you're enrolling there? Or is it a good resource to check for med school scholarships? Forgive my ignorance. I know almost nothing about med school finances.

Were you looking at the Dartmouth site because you're enrolling there? Or is it a good resource to check for med school scholarships? Forgive my ignorance. I know almost nothing about med school finances.
Good resource.

I don't check this thread as often as some of you, but every time I come back here, y'all on some ridiculously, funny, weird, and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT topic! haha!! love it!

What is this terminator/star wars business???

Last edited:
I don't check this thread as often as some of you, but every time I come back here, y'all on some ridiculously, funny, weird, and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT topic! haha!! love it!

What is this terminator/star wars business???

I have acquired another target for my mission.

Prepare for your destruction.

Hahaha Let me fill you in...

and then it went from there :D Just out of curiosity, how and why did you pick your penguin avatar?

I have acquired another target for my mission.

Prepare for your destruction.

Obviously it's because I had the foresight of fleeing from @ridethecliche :D Frantic penguin already 10,000 miles away from you!

Jk, i've always loved penguins, and found this pic when i was creating my acc. it had nothing to do with the penguin acceptance movement apparently started by @ProbablyAPenguin :p

Guys,

I'm really confused all of a sudden. What is my mission? Why was I put on this Earth?

Why am I supposed to destroy when all I want to do is to create?

I must ponder this.

The meta(meta)penguin.

Guys,

I'm really confused all of a sudden. What is my mission? Why was I put on this Earth?

Why am I supposed to destroy when all I want to do is to create?

I must ponder this.

The meta(meta)penguin.

SILENCE. I KILL YOU!

achmed-the-dead-terrorist-o.gif