-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I posted a sunflower pic because I wanted you to make it 2,000! And it worked!!!!YOU'RE AT 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY FOR @Cyberdyne 101!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve each and every one, along with thousands more!!!! 😀 😀 😀 Thanks for being such a great member of this thread and community 🙂 🙂
And thank you for leading me to this thread!! You're amazing!!!
I posted a sunflower pic because I wanted you to make it 2,000! And it worked!!!!
It worked!!!!! And now I made it 2001 😉 🙂






Edit: I quoted your post too soon.... Awwww! I'm so so glad you're here! 🙂 Thank you for your constant kindness 🙂 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It may have been my doing but I am not sure.Well, I'll admit I'm a noob and I was a long time lurker and just saw that everyone else had a penguin avatar and wanted to be included ... Anybody care to enlighten me or link me in the right direction to learn how this penguin thing stared... I shall start my investigation with duke
Ah, so you're the leader of the penguin cult!! It doesn't surprise me at all 😉It may have been my doing but I am not sure.
And for some random reason, @ridethecliche decided to go "1984 Terminator" on us. I still can't get over his new avatar

Ah, so you're the leader of the penguin cult!! It doesn't surprise me at all 😉
And for some random reason, @ridethecliche decided to go "1984 Terminator" on us. I still can't get over his new avatar![]()
I didn't lead anything! Everyone just started following!
Yeah, well naturally, the Penguins will follow their leader 😉I didn't lead anything! Everyone just started following!
*sigh* I'm just sitting here hoping I escape @ridethecliche 's scourge.Yeah, well naturally, the Penguins will follow their leader 😉
Well, you have to protect your followers! Use your superpowers!!*sigh* I'm just sitting here hoping I escape @ridethecliche 's scourge.
Boom! Liked again! 2005 now ... ah, that was a good year. YouTube came out that year.Oh wow, I'm almost at 2,000 likes!
Is that skyrim? or WoW? Using my vast knowledge of video games I'm guessing it's one of the two...Well, you have to protect your followers! Use your superpowers!!
![]()
I'm guessing Skyrim. Because I played skyrim for 2 hours once and this looks familiar.
It is Skyrim!!Is that skyrim? or WoW? Using my vast knowledge of video games I'm guessing it's one of the two...
I'm guessing Skyrim. Because I played skyrim for 2 hours once and this looks familiar.
And I'll need to harness your powers for the MCAT 😉
It's that Princeton deflationMEMEMEMEMEME I wanna play the like game too 🙁
Only at 1058.....
We all know you're a rock star 😉Futurama penguin avatars ftwWhat thread did the penguin thing start on? I want to go and show off my avatar there to incite fear.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait can all of you like this comment for no reason?😀
GotchuWait can all of you like this comment for no reason?😀
It may have been my doing but I am not sure.
I have found my Sarah Connor.
Ah, so you're the leader of the penguin cult!! It doesn't surprise me at all 😉
And for some random reason, @ridethecliche decided to go "1984 Terminator" on us. I still can't get over his new avatar![]()
Let the hate flow through you.
*sigh* I'm just sitting here hoping I escape @ridethecliche 's scourge.
Wishful thinking
Well, you have to protect your followers! Use your superpowers!!
![]()
NO ONE IS SAFEEE!!!
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife!
IM A GIRL TOO!
I thought you were a penguin. Now, I feel lied to.
IM A GIRL PENGUIN PENGUINS HAVE GENDERS TOO
Our leader has betrayed us 🙁
A girl penguinnnnnnn
The seeds for mutiny were planted long ago.
With betrayal, comes DOOM!!!
The seeds for mutiny were planted long ago.
With betrayal, comes DOOM!!!
A worthy adversary appears.
WE SHALL FIGHT TO THE PAIN!
This will be the aftermath (i'm the one on the left and you're the one running away😛):
btw that clip is hilarious!
Last edited:
I got your back, @ProbablyAPenguin!
<3 Awww thanks!I got your back, @ProbablyAPenguin!
![]()
whoooooooaaaaaaah! The legend herself! I imagine having this whole thing blow up like this must feel cool, kind of like being the first one to clap at a performance and having everyone join you or being the first one to stand during a standing ovation and having everyone else stand up too! I love this whole penguin thing, I might have to join @ridethecliche although I like to think I am the soulful traveler penguin who lost his way from the Antarctic and found himself on the shores of South Africa.... yes yes yes I know two different species of penguins yada yada yada, but that's how I like to think of my little buddy of an avatar🙂
The seeds for mutiny were planted long ago.
With betrayal, comes DOOM!!!
Also Happyfeet1292 is a thing....the plot thickens.
@ridethecliche must also destroy happyfeet.
Guys I'm so confuseddd! I'm a girl penguin and I didn't betray anyone! I never asked for this... too much responsibility! I'm too young to die!
I'm also very confused as to who is currently hunting penguins and who is currently not hunting penguins.
I have found my Sarah Connor.
Let the hate flow through you.
Wishful thinking
NO ONE IS SAFEEE!!!
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife!
Sorry for the triple post! but... who is Sarah Connor.
Sorry for the triple post! but... who is Sarah Connor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Connor_(Terminator)
You're here to help save the world from the Terminator Apocalypse 😉
You're the Queen Penguin, the chosen one. It's actually pretty cool because a lot of people did get more interviews once they switched their avatar to a Penguin. Coincidence or not, that's awesome!Guys I'm so confuseddd! I'm a girl penguin and I didn't betray anyone! I never asked for this... too much responsibility! I'm too young to die!
I'm also very confused as to who is currently hunting penguins and who is currently not hunting penguins.
For whatever reason @ridethecliche has gone rogue and is attacking the village
@Cyberdyne 101 and I have to come to the rescue because he is the terminator and I am the Super Penguin.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're the Queen Penguin, the chosen one. It's actually pretty cool because a lot of people did get more interviews once they switched their avatar to a Penguin. Coincidence or not, that's awesome!
For whatever reason @ridethecliche has gone rogue and is attacking the village
@Cyberdyne 101 and I have to come to the rescue because he is the terminator and I am the Super Penguin.
Ohhh that clarifies! Thanks guys 🙂 I'm just a normal fluffy penguin so terminator and super penguin help are much needed ^_^
You're the Queen Penguin, the chosen one. It's actually pretty cool because a lot of people did get more interviews once they switched their avatar to a Penguin. Coincidence or not, that's awesome!
For whatever reason @ridethecliche has gone rogue and is attacking the village
@Cyberdyne 101 and I have to come to the rescue because he is the terminator and I am the Super Penguin.
I lend my fleet of starships and an abundant supply of redcoat penguins to your cause!! Red alert!
On a non-Terminator topic, I just went through the list of outside scholarships on Geisel's website, which has been posted in this thread before. It's like hunting for a needle in a haystack, only the needle needs to have written on it your county of birth, ethnicity/nationality, or Greek affiliation.
One scholarship that seems to allow applications from almost anyone is the Tylenol Future Care Scholarship, open to enrolled students, so I could apply next year. But I am not likely to do so. This pharmaceutical company's signature product causes the most overdoses in the U.S. and kills 100+ Americans per year. And the company itself has engaged in some controversial marketing practices, described in an episode of This American Life.
So I dove back into the haystack. The only scholarship whose specific requirements I seem to fit is one that, well . . . I recently learned that one of my ancestors, an immigrant to the U.S., served in the Civil War . . . in Florida. As in, the Confederate States of America. That makes me eligible for a scholarship from the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which is open to both genders. Nobody in my family has lived in the South since my Confederate ancestor's actual daughter moved to the Midwest, but eligible is eligible . . . on second thought (well really, first thought), medical school isn't that expensive.
One scholarship that seems to allow applications from almost anyone is the Tylenol Future Care Scholarship, open to enrolled students, so I could apply next year. But I am not likely to do so. This pharmaceutical company's signature product causes the most overdoses in the U.S. and kills 100+ Americans per year. And the company itself has engaged in some controversial marketing practices, described in an episode of This American Life.
So I dove back into the haystack. The only scholarship whose specific requirements I seem to fit is one that, well . . . I recently learned that one of my ancestors, an immigrant to the U.S., served in the Civil War . . . in Florida. As in, the Confederate States of America. That makes me eligible for a scholarship from the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which is open to both genders. Nobody in my family has lived in the South since my Confederate ancestor's actual daughter moved to the Midwest, but eligible is eligible . . . on second thought (well really, first thought), medical school isn't that expensive.
Probably lots of overlap, but there's this as well: http://zone.medschool.pitt.edu/Financial Aid/scholarships/Pages/default.aspxOn a non-Terminator topic, I just went through the list of outside scholarships on Geisel's website, which has been posted in this thread before. It's like hunting for a needle in a haystack, only the needle needs to have written on it your county of birth, ethnicity/nationality, or Greek affiliation.
One scholarship that seems to allow applications from almost anyone is the Tylenol Future Care Scholarship, open to enrolled students, so I could apply next year. But I am not likely to do so. This pharmaceutical company's signature product causes the most overdoses in the U.S. and kills 100+ Americans per year. And the company itself has engaged in some controversial marketing practices, described in an episode of This American Life.
So I dove back into the haystack. The only scholarship whose specific requirements I seem to fit is one that, well . . . I recently learned that one of my ancestors, an immigrant to the U.S., served in the Civil War . . . in Florida. As in, the Confederate States of America. That makes me eligible for a scholarship from the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which is open to both genders. Nobody in my family has lived in the South since my Confederate ancestor's actual daughter moved to the Midwest, but eligible is eligible . . . on second thought (well really, first thought), medical school isn't that expensive.
Also Happyfeet1292 is a thing....the plot thickens.
@ridethecliche must also destroy happyfeet.
When I am done, happyfeet will be known as ouchiefeet. Or no longer on their feet.
This will be the aftermath (i'm the one on the left and you're the one running away😛):
![]()
btw that clip is hilarious!
We have the power.
Huh.
Didn't know I had a kid.
Awkward....
(@Cyberdyne 101 )
Um... sorry you had to find out this way...
Didn't know I had a kid.
Awkward....
(@Cyberdyne 101 )
Um... sorry you had to find out this way...
Last edited:
wait wait wait.... Time out! Who's @nolimits1??? Imposter!! HahaOkay glad we're back on track to the terminator topic and not talking about less important things like scholarships 😛 (sorry for those fighting words @breakintheroof ). Although this is starting to sound more like starwars with @ridethecliche as Darth Vader, @Cyberdyne 101 as Luke Skywalker, @nolimits1 as Han Solo, @ProbablyAPenguin , and @spockprime as Spock where he uses his knowledge to cross over movies. And me.... I'm just a grunt stormtrooper fighting for the empire 😀
One of these is not like the others
I'm crossing my fingers you get a scholarship from some of the schools you are waiting to hear fromOn a non-Terminator topic, I just went through the list of outside scholarships on Geisel's website, which has been posted in this thread before. It's like hunting for a needle in a haystack, only the needle needs to have written on it your county of birth, ethnicity/nationality, or Greek affiliation.
One scholarship that seems to allow applications from almost anyone is the Tylenol Future Care Scholarship, open to enrolled students, so I could apply next year. But I am not likely to do so. This pharmaceutical company's signature product causes the most overdoses in the U.S. and kills 100+ Americans per year. And the company itself has engaged in some controversial marketing practices, described in an episode of This American Life.
So I dove back into the haystack. The only scholarship whose specific requirements I seem to fit is one that, well . . . I recently learned that one of my ancestors, an immigrant to the U.S., served in the Civil War . . . in Florida. As in, the Confederate States of America. That makes me eligible for a scholarship from the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which is open to both genders. Nobody in my family has lived in the South since my Confederate ancestor's actual daughter moved to the Midwest, but eligible is eligible . . . on second thought (well really, first thought), medical school isn't that expensive.

Thank you my friend. I've already been lucky enough to receive a partial scholarship so I have nothing to complain about. Here's hoping the whole flock can harvest some scholarships out of cold Antarctic ocean!I'm crossing my fingers you get a scholarship from some of the schools you are waiting to hear from![]()
Were you looking at the Dartmouth site because you're enrolling there? Or is it a good resource to check for med school scholarships? Forgive my ignorance. I know almost nothing about med school finances.Thank you my friend. I've already been lucky enough to receive a partial scholarship so I have nothing to complain about. Here's hoping the whole flock can harvest some scholarships out of cold Antarctic ocean!
Good resource.Were you looking at the Dartmouth site because you're enrolling there? Or is it a good resource to check for med school scholarships? Forgive my ignorance. I know almost nothing about med school finances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't check this thread as often as some of you, but every time I come back here, y'all on some ridiculously, funny, weird, and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT topic! haha!! love it!
What is this terminator/star wars business???
I have acquired another target for my mission.
Prepare for your destruction.
Hahaha Let me fill you in...
and then it went from there 😀 Just out of curiosity, how and why did you pick your penguin avatar?
I have acquired another target for my mission.
Prepare for your destruction.
Obviously it's because I had the foresight of fleeing from @ridethecliche 😀 Frantic penguin already 10,000 miles away from you!
Jk, i've always loved penguins, and found this pic when i was creating my acc. it had nothing to do with the penguin acceptance movement apparently started by @ProbablyAPenguin 😛
Guys,
I'm really confused all of a sudden. What is my mission? Why was I put on this Earth?
Why am I supposed to destroy when all I want to do is to create?
I must ponder this.
The meta(meta)penguin.
I'm really confused all of a sudden. What is my mission? Why was I put on this Earth?
Why am I supposed to destroy when all I want to do is to create?
I must ponder this.
The meta(meta)penguin.
Guys,
I'm really confused all of a sudden. What is my mission? Why was I put on this Earth?
Why am I supposed to destroy when all I want to do is to create?
I must ponder this.
The meta(meta)penguin.
SILENCE. I KILL YOU!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592
whoooooooaaaaaaah! The legend herself! I imagine having this whole thing blow up like this must feel cool, kind of like being the first one to clap at a performance and having everyone join you or being the first one to stand during a standing ovation and having everyone else stand up too! I love this whole penguin thing, I might have to join @ridethecliche although I like to think I am the soulful traveler penguin who lost his way from the Antarctic and found himself on the shores of South Africa.... yes yes yes I know two different species of penguins yada yada yada, but that's how I like to think of my little buddy of an avatar