Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by deleted393595
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm replaying zelda link to the past and advance wars on my phone... only a decade+ behind on the times.
Dude. Link to the past was my jam! As was Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask ...

I just looked up the release dates. You're two decades + behind ... Link to the past was released in the early 90's.

And now I feel old ...
 
Dude. Link to the past was my jam! As was Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask ...

I just looked up the release dates. You're two decades + behind ... Link to the past was released in the early 90's.

And now I feel old ...
Ocarina of time was one of the greatest games of all time. Looking forward to giving @Cyberdyne 101 a friendly beat down this summer on xbox 😉

Also, the only anime I really know is dragon ball z and Sailor Moon (don't judge me). Are those not the cool ones? :laugh:
 
Ocarina of time was one of the greatest games of all time.
Oh HELLS yes! It's still the game that all others must measure up against 🙂. I can't tell you how much homework was abandoned forever because of that game. Remember all the convoluted trades to get Biggoron's sword?
Also, the only anime I really know is dragon ball z and Sailor Moon (don't judge me). Are those not the cool ones? :laugh:
You and I must have gotten our anime from the same source ... Saturday morning cartoons? There was also that super cool King Arthur show, with the football team that got sent back in time ... I may or may not have recorded the epic musical intro of that one with my Talkboy 😉.

EDIT: I can't help myself

Younger me would have loved YouTube 🙂
 
Last edited:
Dude. Link to the past was my jam! As was Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask ...

I just looked up the release dates. You're two decades + behind ... Link to the past was released in the early 90's.

And now I feel old ...
I grew up playing it on gba, so I'm not feeling too old.
 
Just FYI, the only manga/anime that focuses on action and adventure that loves medicine is One Piece (which is the best in the world). No where else comes close.

On an unrelated note, are people having server troubles? The website keeps on crashing for me.

@gettheleadout will find out if the hamster wheels still need some oil. And for hamsters to drink some water
 
Just FYI, the only manga/anime that focuses on action and adventure that loves medicine is One Piece (which is the best in the world). No where else comes close.
@gettheleadout will find out if the hamster wheels still need some oil. And for hamsters to drink some water
As @gettheleadout has pointed out, Monster is an incredible piece of adventure/thriller manga that incorporates medicine (and Nazi eugenics, Book of Revelations/Apocalypse, "Sophie's Choice," psychological conditioning, etc)

Another awesome medically-related manga is Osamu Tezuka's Blackjack, which makes sense because Tezuka was trained as a physician (but is regarded as the Father of Manga). The author gets deep into the darkness of human intent.

I know that One Piece has Dr. Hiluluk (quack), the old witch lady doctor, Chopper, and Law, but Oda does not have a good concept of science or medicine, which I can forgive him for.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As @gettheleadout has pointed out, Monster is an incredible piece of adventure/thriller manga that incorporates medicine (and Nazi eugenics, Book of Revelations/Apocalypse, "Sophie's Choice," psychological conditioning, etc)

Another awesome medically-related manga is Osamu Tezuka's Blackjack, which makes sense because Tezuka was trained as a physician (but is regarded as the Father of Manga). The author gets deep into the darkness of human intent.

I know that One Piece has Dr. Hiluluk (quack), the old witch lady doctor, Chopper, and Law, but Oda does not have a good concept of science or medicine, which I can forgive him for.

Just FYI, Chopper is a fraud. I insulted a lot of fans (all immature children and manchilds) with this but who cares about them. By medicine, i only mean Law, an awesome, powerful doctor who can fight bigshots and save the title character from death 😉

There are other popular series but that's really really individual preference. I'm a Shonen guy, so i'm into action and adventure more so than dystopian Japanese art
 
Just FYI, Chopper is a fraud. I insulted a lot of fans (all immature children and manchilds) with this but who cares about them. By medicine, i only mean Law, an awesome, powerful doctor who can fight bigshots and save the title character from death 😉

There are other popular series but that's really really individual preference. I'm a Shonen guy, so i'm into action and adventure more so than dystopian Japanese art
Chopper's a cute and a mascot-y character, and I can see Law being a pretty fantastic surgeon with his ability. And good point, Monster and Blackjack are definitely more seinen than shounen.
 
Last edited:
Grr Attack on Titan's anime adaptation had too many slow slow scenes and flashbacks and I gave up 🙁

Angel Beats and Code Geass are some of my favorites 🙂
That's because the manga makes even slower progress. In fact, I was surprised how fast the anime zipped by in comparison! Still slow overall, I agree.
Loved Angel Beats.
 
Did people mention Fullmetal Alchemist already?

I loooooveeee FMA

_spoiler_alert__maes_hughes_death_meme_thing_by_fadingscreams123-d57gf4g.jpg



Brotherhood had more action. But the original hit you right in the feels.
 
Not sure why I thought it was going to be a good idea to move the day after packing.

Did a little shindig with friends last night and intended to leave by 9-10. Ended up leaving after the brewery closed past midnight.

My parents are going to kill me when they get here...
 
Ain't nothing wrong with being a nerd. I listen to Taylor Swift and watch anime, and I'm interested in ortho. #haterzgonhate #aintersgonaint
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want her to live happily ever after! I don't care if she runs out of material-lol.
Run out of materials -> no songs -> can't make money -> can't live happily ever after. I mean, T-Swizzle even banned Spotify from streaming her songs, which sucks lol. Also, how would you convince her not to use you for her next song??
 
Run out of materials -> no songs -> can't make money -> can't live happily ever after. I mean, T-Swizzle even banned Spotify from streaming her songs, which sucks lol. Also, how would you convince her not to use you for her next song??
Lol, she's already made more than enough $$$ for this life and the next!
And I'd be honored if she were to write a song about me 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys quick question. I am still deciding between two schools. I got a scholarship to one and I am still awaiting financial aid info from the other. Would it be cheeky to mention the fact that I have a scholarship to the other school (in hopes that they match)?

Both are good schools and I believe the both have very different strengths. However, cost is a big factor to consider. I only have 2 more days to decide...