You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I feel the same, but mainly because I'm going to be attending a school with 3.8/36 avg when I was a lowly 3.4/31 ..Is anyone like...super nervous to start? I start in 2 months and I'm beginning to freak out! Like...THIS. IS. IT. LORDAMERCCCCYYYY.
k done hyperventilating lol
Best to just put fears aside, relax, and enjoy summer
Are you a fellow Big Red alum?? Lol I looked at your history!I feel the same, but mainly because I'm going to be attending a school with 3.8/36 avg when I was a lowly 3.4/31 ..
Best to just put fears aside, relax, and enjoy summer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted393595
I feel the same, but mainly because I'm going to be attending a school with 3.8/36 avg when I was a lowly 3.4/31 ..
Best to just put fears aside, relax, and enjoy summer
Sanguinius would be proud of you 😉
Ahh super nervous as well! Afraid I won't make any friends and will fail like all the classes. AHHH. But also very excited!
I am so worried about that too. I haven't really gotten nervous about the school part yet, but I'm overly terrified about making friends... What a lame thing to focus on, as I approach an incredibly academically rigorous professional school... But I had such a negative social experience in college that I'm really hoping for a different outcome in med school!
I'm BEYOND STOKED for the clinical aspects and to learn medical science though. Like obsessively excited. I can't wait.
You'll meet more like-minded people at UCLA! I guarantee it!I am so worried about that too. I haven't really gotten nervous about the school part yet, but I'm overly terrified about making friends... What a lame thing to focus on, as I approach an incredibly academically rigorous professional school... But I had such a negative social experience in college that I'm really hoping for a different outcome in med school!
I'm BEYOND STOKED for the clinical aspects and to learn medical science though. Like obsessively excited. I can't wait.
I am so worried about that too. I haven't really gotten nervous about the school part yet, but I'm overly terrified about making friends... What a lame thing to focus on, as I approach an incredibly academically rigorous professional school... But I had such a negative social experience in college that I'm really hoping for a different outcome in med school!
I'm BEYOND STOKED for the clinical aspects and to learn medical science though. Like obsessively excited. I can't wait.
You already have one friend [emoji6]!
You already have one friend [emoji6]!
Yes!!!!!! Thank goodness for that 🙂
Had to post this... ignore the fact that this guy looks like "The Dude". You will enjoy this if you like Pink Floyd.
I am so worried about that too. I haven't really gotten nervous about the school part yet, but I'm overly terrified about making friends... What a lame thing to focus on, as I approach an incredibly academically rigorous professional school... But I had such a negative social experience in college that I'm really hoping for a different outcome in med school!
I'm BEYOND STOKED for the clinical aspects and to learn medical science though. Like obsessively excited. I can't wait.
Exactly! Making friends in a new city is daunting to me right now...and I also had a pretty awful social experience in college so I hope med school will be different. We can do this! Surely out of a class of 100+ students we'll find our people!
It's baffles me that people didn't gravitate toward you and @sunflower18 in college 😕Exactly! Making friends in a new city is daunting to me right now...and I also had a pretty awful social experience in college so I hope med school will be different. We can do this! Surely out of a class of 100+ students we'll find our people!
And yes, your social life will be way better in med school!! 😀
🙁(( I'm sure med school will be a much better timeI had such a negative social experience in college
¿Tu eres Colombiano? ¡Yo nací en Bogotá!🙁(( I'm sure med school will be a much better time
Ok I had no idea this thread existed... congrats everyone! Enjoy a few more months of Ms0 life (isn't it the best?)
Indeed. Hence i suggest MS0ers spend their last free time watching Disney movies
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:OOOOO El mundo es un pañuelo¿Tu eres Colombiano? ¡Yo nací en Bogotá!
Aren't you at Weill as well?
Lol, sometimes I wish I were. I live pretty close though.:OOOOO El mundo es un pañuelo
Aren't you at Weill?
I'm still in pre-med purgatory. I'll pm you later with more details.
I knew a lot of people in undergrad and sometimes it got really annoying with people being unreliable, you jumping oceans for people who won’t step in puddles for you, etc. I was frustrated with people at times tbh. Sometimes it is better to have a small tight group of friends that are loyal. 4 quarters are better than 20 nickels!
I’m particularly pumped to be in a different state and attend a school that so many people are excited about! I’m not nervous about classes itself as much as I am freaking out about Step 1 already, especially after scanning like 1 page of the Step 1 experiences thread! All I think about is all of the books and which one do I use when and for what, when do I start studying, what score should I aim for, etc. I don’t think I was “neurotic” at all in undergrad/high school but I think I’m going to be in med school!
I’m particularly pumped to be in a different state and attend a school that so many people are excited about! I’m not nervous about classes itself as much as I am freaking out about Step 1 already, especially after scanning like 1 page of the Step 1 experiences thread! All I think about is all of the books and which one do I use when and for what, when do I start studying, what score should I aim for, etc. I don’t think I was “neurotic” at all in undergrad/high school but I think I’m going to be in med school!
Totally agree with your first paragraph. It's great to be on good terms with everyone at school, but I definitely want a close, core group of friends when I'm in med school. I never really had that one core group growing up, not even in college, so I want to change that this time.I knew a lot of people in undergrad and sometimes it got really annoying with people being unreliable, you jumping oceans for people who won’t step in puddles for you, etc. I was frustrated with people at times tbh. Sometimes it is better to have a small tight group of friends that are loyal. 4 quarters are better than 20 nickels!
I’m particularly pumped to be in a different state and attend a school that so many people are excited about! I’m not nervous about classes itself as much as I am freaking out about Step 1 already, especially after scanning like 1 page of the Step 1 experiences thread! All I think about is all of the books and which one do I use when and for what, when do I start studying, what score should I aim for, etc. I don’t think I was “neurotic” at all in undergrad/high school but I think I’m going to be in med school!
For step 1, I've been told that you should always aim for a really high score. That way, you'll be competitive for the most competitive specialties. If you decide not to pursue a competitive specialty, then you'll still be in great shape! I've been told to enter med school with this mindset - if you don't know what specialty you want, go in as if you're pursuing something competitive.
I will be aiming to learn concepts, details, and critical thinking skills. I feel confident that Step 1 will reflect my learning but I am a confident test taker. Learning the material will be enough for me for the 1st year. We will all get there in time.
I will be aiming to learn concepts, details, and critical thinking skills. I feel confident that Step 1 will reflect my learning but I am a confident test taker. Learning the material will be enough for me for the 1st year. We will all get there in time.
Love this! You definitely have to take it one step at a time. My focus will be on transitioning well to the amount of information and forming solid relationships. I'm amped!
I didn't know this thread existed. I, too, am nervous about starting school again. I Haven't studied in well over a year so I'm definitely afraid it will take me too long to get into the swing of things; however, we have to keep reminding ourselves we wouldn't have gotten in if adcoms didn't see that we were capable of the rigors of medical school!
I'm actually really excited about meeting new people though. When I started college I was NOWHERE near as social as I am now, and Its gonna be great to meet so many people with the same goals.
We got this, guys
I'm actually really excited about meeting new people though. When I started college I was NOWHERE near as social as I am now, and Its gonna be great to meet so many people with the same goals.
We got this, guys
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know about a huge sale on an anatomy app I heard about. It's $0.99 right now, normally $25. I've been playing around with it a bit and it seems pretty good!
For iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/essential-anatomy-5/id596684220?mt=8
For android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the3d4medical.EssentialAnatomy&hl=en
Warning: It's a huge app, so you might need to make some space for it.
(Edited android link)[/url]
For iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/essential-anatomy-5/id596684220?mt=8
For android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the3d4medical.EssentialAnatomy&hl=en
Warning: It's a huge app, so you might need to make some space for it.
(Edited android link)[/url]
Last edited:
Do they have android version?Hey guys, just wanted to let you know about a huge sale on an anatomy app I heard about. It's $0.99 right now, normally $25. I've been playing around with it a bit and it seems pretty good!
For iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/essential-anatomy-5/id596684220?mt=8
For android: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/essential-anatomy-5/id596684220?mt=8
Warning: It's a huge app, so you might need to make some space for it.
Do they have android version?
apparently only up to version 3
Whoops! Apparently I pasted the iOS link a second time instead of this one:Do they have android version?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the3d4medical.EssentialAnatomy&hl=en
+a million.I feel like I've been mostly ignoring the start of school because my mind's preoccupied with the move. Once I move into a new apartment in a new city maybe I'll start freaking out a bit about returning to school.
I had a blast in college. Going to my 5 year reunion was awesome too.
I'm pretty excited for school to start but this summer is going to be ill.
I'm pretty excited for school to start but this summer is going to be ill.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Purrito bump from page 3
http://www.amny.com/eat-and-drink/nutella-bar-at-eataly-permanent-location-opens-may-27-1.10450743
@hellanutella
The Nutella Bar at Eataly opens at 5 p.m. at 200 Fifth Ave. The first 300 people in line will get a free Nutella-filled mini sugar cone.
@hellanutella
THERE IS AN EATALY WITH A NUTELLA BAR JUST A FEW BLOCKS FROM FEINBERG AND YOU CAN BET I WENT THERE AT LEAST 5 TIMES. I trust you shall pay them many, many visits over the next four years for me.
Never realized this thread existed! Congrats to everyone! I'm excited to start--just a bit nervous about the loan component and the whole move-in/apartment hunt!
Lol, I've been there. 🙂
Can't wait until my last day of work! Bleh, it's so close yet so farWith you there. 17 days left until graduation, you better believe I'm counting down the days. Then it's time to chill for the rest of the summer!Can't wait until my last day of work! Bleh, it's so close yet so far
With you there. 17 days left until graduation, you better believe I'm counting down the days. Then it's time to chill for the rest of the summer!
Right there with you, buddy! They can't go by any slower [emoji53].
Same for me! Must be that Nutella sponsorship! 😉![]()
Does anyone else see @hellanutella 's mdapps as the third hit on google?
Woah, holy crap! Hopefully people have been able some use out of my app.![]()
Does anyone else see @hellanutella 's mdapps as the third hit on google?
I forget who pointed this out to me, but this is what you get when you google "mdapplicants."
Woah, holy crap! Hopefully people have been able some use out of my app.
I forget who pointed this out to me, but this is what you get when you google "mdapplicants."
View attachment 192518
Haha you guys are internet legends now!
Including the abbreviation "MDapps" in her profile probably helps. Still, this is awesome. @hellanutella, you should put a view counter on your page.![]()
Does anyone else see @hellanutella 's mdapps as the third hit on google?
MDapps comes with a view counter! It's on the far right under the "share" button. (Idk why you'd want to share your MDapps on FB, but okay).Including the abbreviation "MDapps" in her profile probably helps. Still, this is awesome. @hellanutella, you should put a view counter on your page.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh. I missed that. I added a separate one to my page.MDapps comes with a view counter! It's on the far right under the "share" button. (Idk why you'd want to share your MDapps on FB, but okay).
Wait omg why does mine have >28,000 views
You're internet famous.Wait omg why does mine have >28,000 views
Umm, because you're a rock star!!Wait omg why does mine have >28,000 views
My very bland mdapps has 12,000 views for some reason. Yours I would hope more people actually read since it's very informative.Wait omg why does mine have >28,000 views
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 591