Class of 2020 Interview Invitations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elephantlover93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to post a new thread about interview invitations since they should start arriving soon! It would be really helpful for others who have been through the interview process to give tips and advice. Preparation is the key to success! Good luck everyone! :) :soexcited::claps::rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I just wanted to post a new thread about interview invitations since they should start arriving soon! It would be really helpful for others who have been through the interview process to give tips and advice. Preparation is the key to success! Good luck everyone! :) :soexcited::claps::rofl:
Thanks for creating this thread! So excited to start hearing back from schools, no matter what the result!

I know I can't wait! Nervous yet excited for the whole process! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First time applicant! Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, wisconsin, kansas, georgia, and Missouri! :) how about yourself?
Nice! What is your top pick? I'm a first time applicant from Iowa, applying to Iowa State, Illinois, Minnesota, K State, and Washington State. ISU is my top pick, and it's my IS school!

U of I is my top pick since it's in state for me! :)

My advice is to definitely check out the interview questions area on the main SDN page. I can't remember exactly how to find it, but hey have a page for each school, and I went through them and felt very prepared for all of my interviews. Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Great thread to have started! Super excited to hear back from 3 more schools! :)

My advice is to definitely check out the interview questions area on the main SDN page. I can't remember exactly how to find it, but hey have a page for each school, and I went through them and felt very prepared for all of my interviews. Good luck everyone! :)

Main page like SDN homepage, or main page like main Pre-Vet Forum?

RVC pretty cool school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just some general tips: Smile, remember to breathe, and be yourself. Don't wear something you're uncomfortable in (heels, skirt, suits you've outgrown, etc.), as you'll find yourself fidgeting a lot. This was discussed briefly on another thread somewhere, but ladies, wear makeup that you are comfortable in. Full face? Sure, as long as you're experienced with it. Just don't feel like you have to do it for the interview. If the interview is open file, look at your VMCAS app/supplemental just to review what you're showing the adcoms. It's perfectly acceptable to hear the question and take a few moments to compose an answer.

Also, remember that in general, an interview doesn't start/end with the scheduled time. You will be judged from the moment you step foot into the school until you leave. It is not appropriate to swear, judge other candidates, and so on (yes, some people do it). Think before you speak at all times. For one interview, someone in my tour group literally said "I love comparing myself to CC kids, I'm always so much smarter than they are." I kid you not, the tour guide sneakily glanced at his name tag and then wrote something down. Could have been a coincidence, but you get my point.

Besides all of those points, and interview day is just as much for you as it is for the school. Take the time to check out the area if you can, ask any questions you may have, and tour the school!

Hey, you only answered one of my questions. Shame on you.

Yeah, the RVC is pretty cool :p if you have specific questions feel free to pm me, although I only did a masters and don't know as much about their vet program other than what I've heard from my friends there now. I loved it there though!

When should we start expecting interview invitations?? I'm so anxious.

Guys!! Starting this thread now doesn't help my impatience!! Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Literally told my parents that I don't want any presents for Christmas, because if I don't get an interview, I'll be miserable anyways lol

Reactions: 3 users
Literally told my parents that I don't want any presents for Christmas, because if I don't get an interview, I'll be miserable anyways lol

All I want for Christmas is my in-ter-viewssss, my in-ter-viewsss

Reactions: 3 users
hahahaha! I have been reading posts from c/o 2019 from when people received interviews to when acceptance letters were sent out......literally driving myself up the wall and it is only october :bang:

Last year IS interview invited started going out the third week in October!!! OOS I'm assuming in November sometime!

I am so anxious about this!!

The rolling admin schools should be sending out invites now. I've got SGU and Midwestern. Good luck to everybody!

Congrats! What day is your Midwestern interview? I have mine on the 21st of this month!

The rolling admin schools should be sending out invites now. I've got SGU and Midwestern. Good luck to everybody!

I know you mentioned applying to Ross. Have you heard anything from them? They said it would take a few weeks to process VMCAS and I know you submitted around when I did.

The rolling admissions schools have been sending them out for weeks and Western U started sending them out yesterday.

What schools are rolling admission? I didn't think most were.

I don't even wanna think about interviews :dead:

Then don't ;)
Heck yes, time to go into blissfully-ignorant slacker mode for the next ~2 months :cool:

(in seriousness, guess I'll start worrying about interview questions once I actually get any invites and January comes around :p )

Heck yes, time to go into blissfully-ignorant slacker mode for the next ~2 months :cool:

(in seriousness, guess I'll start worrying about interview questions once I actually get any invites and January comes around :p )

That is my plan. Today I was going through the "interview questions" forum on SDN and then exited out... "forget this, i'll prepare when I actually receive interviews...":whoa:

Reactions: 5 users
FYI, had my LMU interview this passed Tuesday and it was SUPER chill! It was more like a conversation. Was only asked two questions which were "can you tell us a time where you showed leadership?" I also got "How do you manage stress when things get tough?" The rest of the interview was just stuff about my experiences and interests. Interviews were only supposed to be 2o minutes long, BUT mine passed the time limit lol the other interviewees told me I was in there for a long time. Time just flew by! Other interviewees had more strict interviewers where all they were asked her behavioral based questions. I guess it varies! Overall, I loved my interview experience at LMU :)

Reactions: 2 users
FYI, had my LMU interview this passed Tuesday and it was SUPER chill! It was more like a conversation. Was only asked two questions which were "can you tell us a time where you showed leadership?" I also got "How do you manage stress when things get tough?" The rest of the interview was just stuff about my experiences and interests. Interviews were only supposed to be 2o minutes long, BUT mine passed the time limit lol the other interviewees told me I was in there for a long time. Time just flew by! Other interviewees had more strict interviewers where all they were asked her behavioral based questions. I guess it varies! Overall, I loved my interview experience at LMU :)

Congratulations! Glad it went well. The comedian in me always imagines scenarios where I answer questions like that in the most ridiculous ways possible. I would never do it in real life, but I thoroughly enjoy the thought of doing it and playing the scene in my mind. Sometimes I think of this stuff mid-conversation and smile/chuckle. Pretty sure people notice, and probably think, "It's ok, pretend like you didn't see that; he's just a special boy."

I know you mentioned applying to Ross. Have you heard anything from them? They said it would take a few weeks to process VMCAS and I know you submitted around when I did.

I emailed Ross and confirmed that they received all my materials. They just told me to wait a few weeks. That's all I've heard. :)

I emailed Ross and confirmed that they received all my materials. They just told me to wait a few weeks. That's all I've heard. :)

Hopefully it'll be the same for me, then. I just got an email saying that they have my VMCAS and that it may take a few months. Hopefully that's for the entire pool

How I feel waiting to hear back from interviews:

Is anyone going to the interview at Midwestern next week(on the 21st)?!

Just got an invite to interview at PEI! If anyone currently goes there I'd love to ask you some questions, especially about that test I'm gonna have to take... :/

I got an invite to the PEI interview as well!
Just got an invite to interview at PEI! If anyone currently goes there I'd love to ask you some questions, especially about that test I'm gonna have to take... :/
The behavior test is new this year according to a friend of mine that goes there

Seeing this thread makes me nervous and excited at the same time!

[QUOTE="vet3542, post: 17039200, member: 712446"
The behavior test is new this year according to a friend of mine that goes there[/QUOTE]

Oh. Oh boy. That's.... worrisome.

Congrats though! I guess I'll see you November 21st :)

Oh. Oh boy. That's.... worrisome.

Congrats though! I guess I'll see you November 21st :)

I'm trying to not worry about the test...cause there's not really anything we can do about it haha

I'll see you then!!

The behavior test is new this year according to a friend of mine that goes there

behaviortest.jpg

Reactions: 7 users