Class of 2022 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1opmlu.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The right of passage prevets dream of!
I'm just preparing myself, wondering when the enthusiasm goes away. A day? A week? A month? Two months?

We need to express tons of enthusiasm so that we can come back later and look at how excited we once were.
we need to! omgggggg vet schoooooool!!!! It's gonna be the best time of our lives, and we're gonna make so many friends, we're gonna learn so much, and have so much fun!!!!! (Will that work?)

I'm just preparing myself, wondering when the enthusiasm goes away. A day? A week? A month? Two months?

we need to! omgggggg vet schoooooool!!!! It's gonna be the best time of our lives, and we're gonna make so many friends, we're gonna learn so much, and have so much fun!!!!! (Will that work?)
No, and go do it in our thread for nostalgia purposes, we're not going to check back here to realize how excited we were. :p

Reactions: 2 users
When you get to week two and you feel like you've been in school for 3 months...
When you take a test and later that day refer to it like you took it several days ago...
When it's a day into your second semester and you're already dreaming of Spring Break...
That's when you'll know ;)

When you get to week two and you feel like you've been in school for 3 months...
When you take a test and later that day refer to it like you took it several days ago...
When it's a day into your second semester and you're already dreaming of Spring Break...
0466dbd0-a9bb-4eab-878e-270ecd6654bd.gif

0466dbd0-a9bb-4eab-878e-270ecd6654bd.gif

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think it goes away bolus-style.

I think it's stripped away a little at a time, starting with your first exam and continuing on out into practice.

Reactions: 4 users

I realized I had turned a corner when I moved into stage 3:

Stage 1: What did I get on that exam? I wanna know!

Stage 2: Oh, I passed? Ok.

Stage 3: Oh! I forgot about that test we took a month ago and the exam's been sitting in my mailbox for 2 weeks now.

Reactions: 4 users
taylor-breathe.gif

It's a scary application! We're here for you!

Thanks. I'll be ok. Just seems like a long road to get here and now that I"m here and have to take the exit its a little terrifying. Lol.

Reactions: 1 user
The VMCAS application is open for those of you applying to the c/o 2022!! If you have any questions or need advice, please feel free to ask! SDN made my life so much easier during the application process!

Good luck!! :)

The VMCAS application is open for those of you applying to the c/o 2022!! If you have any questions or need advice, please feel free to ask! SDN made my life so much easier during the application process!

Good luck!! :)
Woohoo! I setup my account. That's the hardest part, right? o_O

If any of you guys have questions please pm me! I'd be happy to help with anything I can. I promise you it's painless (well for the most part :p)

I'd also be willing to answer any questions + read over/edit your statements/supplementals!

Reactions: 1 users
Haha...EXACTLY!! :D

You've got this! Line up your LOR's, get your transcripts in early, and figure out which schools you meet the requirements for/want to attend so you won't have to stress over it later. The rest is all about you and any supplemental applications!

Aim for submitting your application at least a month before so if any circumstances come up that you weren't expecting you can handle them and submit on time! ;)

Haha...EXACTLY!! :D

You've got this! Line up your LOR's, get your transcripts in early, and figure out which schools you meet the requirements for/want to attend so you won't have to stress over it later. The rest is all about you and any supplemental applications!

Aim for submitting your application at least a month before so if any circumstances come up that you weren't expecting you can handle them and submit on time! ;)

I just love that dog picture of yours :)

Pictures of dogs underwater, it's amazing!

Oh I see! I've seen the pics of dogs when a treat is being thrown to them. The level of emotion on their faces is amazing.

Good luck c/o 2022 applicants!!! I wish you the best through this exciting process. I am a Michigan resident starting at MSU this fall (and know the most about this school and their application process). Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

errr... yeaaaaaaah. Hardest part

tumblr_nfghuinmk61s5n19go1_400.gif

Essays aside, VMCAS itself isn't hard or scary it's just long. It's a stupid amount of hours entering in the entirety of the transcript and experience hours. (I would sit down with your unofficial transcript if you can. Don't try to remember them all!)

Don't forget about supplemental essays! Some schools have their supplemental through VMCAS (UF), some schools have their supplemental through their own portal (VAMD, NCSU), and some schools don't have them at all (OKSU, Purdue). They're usually not open yet but they'll sneak up on you (ergo I forgot about NCSU's supplementals and I wrote all 6 short essays in two days :whistle:). They have their own deadline, so check with the school as well!

Good luck! I'm IS at Oregon State, and would be happy to answer questions. I'd also be more than happy to read over things if anyone needs it! The SDN community was tons of help for my application and I'd love to pass it on.

errr... yeaaaaaaah. Hardest part

tumblr_nfghuinmk61s5n19go1_400.gif

Essays aside, VMCAS itself isn't hard or scary it's just long. It's a stupid amount of hours entering in the entirety of the transcript and experience hours. (I would sit down with your unofficial transcript if you can. Don't try to remember them all!)

Don't forget about supplemental essays! Some schools have their supplemental through VMCAS (UF), some schools have their supplemental through their own portal (VAMD, NCSU), and some schools don't have them at all (OKSU, Purdue). They're usually not open yet but they'll sneak up on you (ergo I forgot about NCSU's supplementals and I wrote all 6 short essays in two days :whistle:). They have their own deadline, so check with the school as well!
I feel like it was time consuming but it wasn't as bad (for me) as I thought it would be. My s/o had to complete an application for dental school that made our VMCAS application look like a walk in the park! I think her craziness just lead to me feeling at ease when I saw our application haha. I know it is definitely not that way for everyone though. :)

I started my app today! The nervousness hasn't even hit me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Exciting time for the next applicant pool! I have no idea what VMCAS looks like now, but the best advice I can give is make sure it tells your story. Now is not the time to be shy with your accomplishments and what you have to offer the profession. Put your best foot forward and kick arse!!!! Much luck to you all for this cycle!! :luck::horns:

Reactions: 6 users
Question about entering extracurricular experiences: should we enter activities from high school? I was thinking about entering the ones that were most relevant and I dedicated the most time to, but I'm not sure how much info from high school I should include on the app.

Question about entering extracurricular experiences: should we enter activities from high school? I was thinking about entering the ones that were most relevant and I dedicated the most time to, but I'm not sure how much info from high school I should include on the app.
Best to include all experiences and let admissions committees decide what's relevant. You never know what might make you stand out!

Best to include all experiences and let admissions committees decide what's relevant. You never know what might make you stand out!

I agree. I listed everything from high school. Even though Purdue admissions said that they would only look at animal and vet experience hours during high school, I included extracurriculars since I wasn't only applying to Purdue.