Class of 2022 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@zoogrl29 you will probably get a number of different responses as there is likely no "perfect" way to do it. I listed publications under "Honors" and titled them "Journal name - subject" in the interested of brevity. Then in the open text I added a sentence about the work and a citation for the publication (so that they could easily find it if they wanted).

Members don't see this ad.

@zoogrl29 you will probably get a number of different responses as there is likely no "perfect" way to do it. I listed publications under "Honors" and titled them "Journal name - subject" in the interested of brevity. Then in the open text I added a sentence about the work and a citation for the publication (so that they could easily find it if they wanted).
I was thinking about doing just that! I also have questions about how you listed it under "experience", did you put it under research or animal experience without a vet? I did the behavior, weaning, genotyping, tattoo/tail snips, surgeries...basically everything mouse or rat related. I have it listed under research, but that doesn't seem quite right either. Thank you!

I was thinking about doing just that! I also have questions about how you listed it under "experience", did you put it under research or animal experience without a vet? I did the behavior, weaning, genotyping, tattoo/tail snips, surgeries...basically everything mouse or rat related. I have it listed under research, but that doesn't seem quite right either. Thank you!

Mine were a result of employment in public health (non-traditional applicant) so the experience section was a little different for me but I did list some of it under "research". From your brief description, I'd list it under "research" - sounds like research to me, especially if it resulted in publications!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hi all, so quick question. for the experience section did yall do bullet points or paragraph form? cuz i am not sure which method would be more acceptable.

I did paragraph. I called Western in CA and they said they usually get paragraph form.

Mine were a result of employment in public health (non-traditional applicant) so the experience section was a little different for me but I did list some of it under "research". From your brief description, I'd list it under "research" - sounds like research to me, especially if it resulted in publications!
Did you also list any poster presentations at national conferences?

Did you also list any poster presentations at national conferences?

I did, but I grouped them when I could, for example:
"Poster and oral presentations at XXXX Conference, 2014-2016" and then I would list all the presentations I gave at that particular conference over those years. I cited the abstract accepted in a standard format with conference year so they could easily find it if they were looking on past years' info pages.

My apologies if this question has been asked/answered, but after your applications are verified, is it then complete? I don't have anything left to do on VMCAS after that point, correct? I was surprised with how quickly my application was verified!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My apologies if this question has been asked/answered, but after your applications are verified, is it then complete? I don't have anything left to do on VMCAS after that point, correct? I was surprised with how quickly my application was verified!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yup! Now you get to anxiously wait :)!

Reactions: 6 users
These supplemental applications are ridiculous. Ugh! Why do I have to fill out so much redundant info?! :poke: Dear Purdue, I officially love you.

These supplemental applications are ridiculous. Ugh! Why do I have to fill out so much redundant info?! :poke: Dear Purdue, I officially love you.
Most of mine weren't terrible, except my IS. Filling out all the info proving to them I'm a resident I might as well be OSS. Like really who remembers the date they became a registered voter?

Most of mine weren't terrible, except my IS. Filling out all the info proving to them I'm a resident I might as well be OSS. Like really who remembers the date they became a registered voter?
Is that something you can look up online? I know I can look up on my secretary of states website what precinct I vote in but idk if it says what date I became a registered voter but maybe?

Is that something you can look up online? I know I can look up on my secretary of states website what precinct I vote in but idk if it says what date I became a registered voter but maybe?
You can and did but like really. They wanted my DL#, my Lic. Plate #, address I live, address where car is reg., employment history, what previous 2 years have I filed taxes and renewed plates, and date I reg to vote.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can and did but like really. They wanted my DL#, my Lic. Plate #, address I live, address where car is reg., employment history, what previous 2 years have I filed taxes and renewed plates, and date I reg to vote.
Jeez! Prob want to make sure you came to the state for a legitimate reason and not just for tuition.

Submitted today before the storm hits Florida! The waiting begins...

CSU wanted all that crap. The it reason I know my license plate number is because of applying to vet school. No joke.

You know exactly who I'm talking about :) I found it a bit ridiculous...

No joke! Born and raised in Denver and it took longer to establish my residency than to fill out the rest of the application.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted day before yesterday!
Now waiting for verification .....
I have knots in my stomach

Reactions: 3 users
CSU wanted all that crap. The it reason I know my license plate number is because of applying to vet school. No joke.
Yep! This was one of the ones that I felt like poking my eyes out for! UF is pretty bad too...Cornell? Well, let's just say I hit delete on that one.

Is anyone else having trouble with the spacing for the essays? Why is it all to the left with no line breaks? I've tried fixing it to have atleast line breaks to separate paragraphs, but nothing is working. I don't want my essays looking like one big blob of a paragraph.

Is anyone else having trouble with the spacing for the essays? Why is it all to the left with no line breaks? I've tried fixing it to have atleast line breaks to separate paragraphs, but nothing is working. I don't want my essays looking like one big blob of a paragraph.
Are you talking in VMCAS? How do you have room to have more than one paragraph? All my essays were 1 paragraph a piece because of the 1000 character limit. Not sure line breaks are possible because all the spaces are counted in the line break which contributes to your limit...

Reactions: 2 users
Are you talking in VMCAS? How do you have room to have more than one paragraph? All my essays were 1 paragraph a piece because of the 1000 character limit. Not sure line breaks are possible because all the spaces are counted in the line break which contributes to your limit...

VMCAS supplemental application essays, sorry.

LSU has supplemental.

Also, does the having taking of horseback riding lessons fall under "extracurricular" or "animal experience (no veterinarian involved)?
Unfortunately I can't help with your supplemental. Could you maybe just indent instead of a whole line break? But that would be animal experience.

Unfortunately I can't help with your supplemental. Could you maybe just indent instead of a whole line break? But that would be animal experience.

When tabbing, it brings me to the next box to put information in. Nothing is working, unfortunately.

Just put an extra space between paragraphs. This happened last year for supplemental essays, but (supposedly) it looked fine on the school's end, just not in the preview you see when submitting.

If you'd like, you can search for posts of me freaking out about it last year, and others reassuring me!

Just put an extra space between paragraphs. This happened last year for supplemental essays, but (supposedly) it looked fine on the school's end, just not in the preview you see when submitting.

If you'd like, you can search for posts of me freaking out about it last year, and others reassuring me!

Haha! I do have a space in between paragraphs when putting into the boxes, just not on the preview (as you said.) I hope it is alright! It really just annoys me not knowing if my organization will matter!

Any other single people applying? :horns:

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else going to Davis seen the personal statement requirement on the supplemental?

Hello everyone!!
I submitted my VMCAS application on September 3rd, everything was verified on the 12th, and I received an email from Midwestern on the 16th notifying me that they received all of my application materials and that it is marked as complete.
It went on to mention that those marked as complete will be reviewed and that interview invitations are made on a rolling basis. I've read past VMCAS submissions were due in October and interviews were usually done in ~Feb-March. Can any recent/previous applicants help soothe my inner anxiety:nailbiting:? I'm not too sure when to approximately expect contact regarding an interview (I understand it'll be in order of those who submitted it first). After an interview, about how long did it take for you to be contacted in regards to whether or not you were accepted?
In the mean time I got a new job, I recently moved, and I'm working at a referral and emergency clinic as an ER tech! As well as finishing up some of my pre reqs. had my first OChem test this past week!

Hope everyone else is doing well :clap: Look forward to seeing hopeful c/o 22s updates!!!

Hello everyone!!
I submitted my VMCAS application on September 3rd, everything was verified on the 12th, and I received an email from Midwestern on the 16th notifying me that they received all of my application materials and that it is marked as complete.
It went on to mention that those marked as complete will be reviewed and that interview invitations are made on a rolling basis. I've read past VMCAS submissions were due in October and interviews were usually done in ~Feb-March. Can any recent/previous applicants help soothe my inner anxiety:nailbiting:? I'm not too sure when to approximately expect contact regarding an interview (I understand it'll be in order of those who submitted it first). After an interview, about how long did it take for you to be contacted in regards to whether or not you were accepted?
In the mean time I got a new job, I recently moved, and I'm working at a referral and emergency clinic as an ER tech! As well as finishing up some of my pre reqs. had my first OChem test this past week!

Hope everyone else is doing well :clap: Look forward to seeing hopeful c/o 22s updates!!!
There's a Midwestern c/o 2022 applicants thread here, you might have better luck asking there or checking the Midwestern threads from the past couple years: Midwestern C/O 2022

Hello everyone!!

Here was my timeline from last year:

Application submitted: 7/31
Coursework verified (by VMCAS): 8/2
Email from Midwestern saying application was complete: 8/5
Interview invitation email: 8/11
Interview: 9/21
Acceptance: 10/4

Hope this helps!

Hey everybody

Did anyone apply to University of Melbourne?
I don't see a thread for them on SDN

Is anyone else still waiting to be verified?? All my materials were received on time but it still says verifying ...

Is anyone else still waiting to be verified?? All my materials were received on time but it still says verifying ...
When did you submit? I imagine you're not the only one waiting to be verified. Many people wait until the end of the cycle to submit so VMCAS is quite busy trying to verify everyone so it may take a few weeks. I wouldn't freak out yet especially since VMCAS is due Friday 9/29.

I submitted mine on 9/14 [at almost midnight, so probably should just say 9/15] and it was verified on 9/23. Not sure when you sent yours in, but I imagine they are even more bombarded with applications now than they were 2 weeks ago.

So I took a look at my verified applications and my cum undergrad science GPA was calculated wrong ( did not include my post bacc like the other two categories did). I'm panicking because it makes it look like I have a 2.2 vs the 3.4 that I should have. Has anyone else had a problem like this? What do I do?

I can't get a hold of vmcas to fix it.

So I took a look at my verified applications and my cum undergrad science GPA was calculated wrong ( did not include my post bacc like the other two categories did). I'm panicking because it makes it look like I have a 2.2 vs the 3.4 that I should have. Has anyone else had a problem like this? What do I do?

I can't get a hold of vmcas to fix it.
This. Not 100% sure, maybe someone else can tell you if I'm right, but I don't believe post bacc classes would be counted in undergrad classes GPA calculation since you have completed your degree. If I'm wrong I would just keep tying VMCAS. However, for the most part schools end up calculating their own GPAs so I've been told.

This. Not 100% sure, maybe someone else can tell you if I'm right, but I don't believe post bacc classes would be counted in undergrad classes GPA calculation since you have completed your degree. If I'm wrong I would just keep tying VMCAS. However, for the most part schools end up calculating their own GPAs so I've been told.

Yeah, so they calculated it different from my cumulative and my non science. They did those 2 with bacc + post bacc gives cum undergrad and then graduate + cum undergrad to equal overall. I don't know which way they prefer but they don't have it correct. On one of them

Good to know most schools will calculate their own. I might have to contact them directly to ensure they see the error. thanks

If I add more experience hours after I've submitted my VMCAS app, will these new updates on my application be sent to the schools that I've applied to? Does anybody know?

i submitted Sept 13th and was verified the 20th. I had 5 transcripts with TONS of classes, (BA college, 2 pre-bacc, 2 post-bacc). MSU acknowledged receipt on the 21st (only school).