Class of 2022 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if you can add experience that happens in the fall? I didn't have any equine experience but I'm volunteering at a horse rescue now. Is it possible for the universities to see this before interview invites?
Add it to your VMCAS and email your schools and tell them you added a new experience and see if they'll redownload your app. Worst they can say is no.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't posted in here since the very beginning of the thread (and have no desire to read 20 pages to catch up haha), but I think it is time to start following again

I finally started my application; its about 50% done. Definitely won't be finishing it until November (deadline is December) so that I can update anything I do before then.

Crunched the numbers and if I manage to keep my grades where they are this year I actually have a real shot at an interview for my school. Which is a pleasant surprise and is motivation to work harder. :)

Hope everyone starts hearing about interviews soon!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't posted in here since the very beginning of the thread (and have no desire to read 20 pages to catch up haha), but I think it is time to start following again

I finally started my application; its about 50% done. Definitely won't be finishing it until November (deadline is December) so that I can update anything I do before then.

Crunched the numbers and if I manage to keep my grades where they are this year I actually have a real shot at an interview for my school. Which is a pleasant surprise and is motivation to work harder. :)

YAY BBC!!!!!!!! KEEP BEIN FAB YOU CAN DO IT I BELIEVE IN YOUUUUUUU

(And yeah def don't bother catching up in this thread)

Reactions: 1 user

OMG BBC! Yay I'm so happy you're applying! You got this!

Just got an interview offer from OVC!!! Very excited!

I'm a US student applying for their international cohort.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm in the obsessively checking my email and status pages phase... Despite knowing I won't have an update for like 2-3 months. It's my first time applying so maybe I'm just impatient

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the obsessively checking my email and status pages phase... Despite knowing I won't have an update for like 2-3 months. It's my first time applying so maybe I'm just impatient

I think we all are :) Just have to keep ourselves distracted

I think we all are :) Just have to keep ourselves distracted
Very true! Today I bought my first suit ever for my interview with LMU in Nov so I'm distracting myself by thinking about it in other ways lol

Reactions: 2 users
Very true! Today I bought my first suit ever for my interview with LMU in Nov so I'm distracting myself by thinking about it in other ways lol

Congrats on your interview. When did you hear from LMU?

Congrats on your interview. When did you hear from LMU?
Thank you! VMCAS successfully received 9/13 (LMU sent confirmation email that day). Interview invite was sent out Out 13 for the week of Nov 13-17. They gave me either Nov 13 (Monday) or Nov 17 (Friday) to interview, but since I'm a TA and RA I chose the Friday date because I'm flying from AZ.. They do interview invites in waves, so I've been told that the people who haven't heard anything shouldn't worry.

Thank you! VMCAS successfully received 9/13 (LMU sent confirmation email that day). Interview invite was sent out Out 13 for the week of Nov 13-17. They gave me either Nov 13 (Monday) or Nov 17 (Friday) to interview, but since I'm a TA and RA I chose the Friday date because I'm flying from AZ.. They do interview invites in waves, so I've been told that the people who haven't heard anything shouldn't worry.

Oh yay! I submitted the same day you did, but I didn't receive my confirmation email until the 25th so I guess they go through them in groups? We all worry maybe we did something wrong, filled out something weird...clicked the wrong box etc., so when we see others getting communication it's a bit unnerving.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yay! I submitted the same day you did, but I didn't receive my confirmation email until the 25th so I guess they go through them in groups? We all worry maybe we did something wrong, filled out something weird...clicked the wrong box etc., so when we see others getting communication it's a bit unnerving.:scared:
I think that's the worst part is we psyche ourselves out even after the fact there are several schools that I applied to the cycle that I may not even hear from until February or later. It just sucks that there isn't necessarily a clear rhyme or reason to communication with one student over the other, but we will make it

Can we no longer login into vmcas? I wanted to add an experience but the website says we can no longer login

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can we no longer login into vmcas? I wanted to add an experience but the website says we can no longer login

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Correct. Even if you added an experience you would have to request the school you're interested in to redownload your application so if it is worth reporting an update you should let the school know directly.

Day 60: The hostage situation has become ever more tense. The vet schools they know something; but they won't say a word. Some throw a couple of scraps here and there to ensure I'm still with it (mentally, physically take your pick) but nothing of substance. Tactics for the future: bide my time, gain their trust,infiltrate their establishments whilst enticing them with my words and intentions. Staying alert and remaining hopeful for eventual freedom; we will prevail!!

Yup, it's time to go to bed now...

Reactions: 21 users
Does anyone know if there is an Oregon State c/o 2022 thread? I've looked but cannot find it.

Today, I received an email from KSU offering me an interview. Date for interview is December 16th.

Reactions: 5 users
Day 60: The hostage situation has become ever more tense. The vet schools they know something; but they won't say a word. Some throw a couple of scraps here and there to ensure I'm still with it (mentally, physically take your pick) but nothing of substance. Tactics for the future: bide my time, gain their trust,infiltrate their establishments whilst enticing them with my words and intentions. Staying alert and remaining hopeful for eventual freedom; we will prevail!!

I love this! Thanks for the laugh! :laugh:

I like this one.

Have you ever heard of a game called WW? ;)

Reactions: 8 users

Freedom and vet school does not compute. Vet School ----> :beat: <---- Me

Reactions: 5 users
Hello Class of 2022 Hopefuls!

I've applied this cycle, and assuming best case scenario here.

Unfortunately I need to drop my physics course which pushes my graduation from Spring 2018 to Summer 2018.
Does anyone know if you can still take 1 course during the summer before starting vet school?

Hello Class of 2022 Hopefuls!

I've applied this cycle, and assuming best case scenario here.

Unfortunately I need to drop my physics course which pushes my graduation from Spring 2018 to Summer 2018.
Does anyone know if you can still take 1 course during the summer before starting vet school?
It depends on the school, but unfortunately I think most require you to have all your prerequisites done by spring before you matriculate. Check the websites of the schools you applied to, or email them if the website doesn't say!

Hey guys, I'm also applying for the upcoming year. Anyone know the averages for international OVC students accepted over the past few years? OVC officially posts the statistics for domestic students but not international. I keep reading that "there are way fewer spots" so that means "the averages should be higher than domestic students"; either this logic seems like an oversimplification or I'm just trying to convince myself that I have a chance.
Good luck!

Hey that's awesome! If they really like you you'll get an acceptance a couple days after that. Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the info and luck! I hope they like me enough to provide me with an acceptance. Did you interview with them last year?

Thanks for the info and luck! I hope they like me enough to provide me with an acceptance. Did you interview with them last year?
Yes I did, I got an acceptance as well but it was too expensive. It was rather unfortunate because it was such a lovely school, but I'm very happy where I ended up. I also don't mean to mislead you, you probably won't hear back until after everyone has interviewed, but you might ;)

Just got an interview offer from OVC!!! Very excited!

I'm a US student applying for their international cohort.

Hey, congrats! Did they give you the available dates for the interview? Just wanted to know if there is a chance they might ask to interview before January end.

@kk89 They offered me multiple interview dates from November 3rd through December 10th. They said decisions would go out late December or early January. They interview 40 students, offer admission to 15, and waitlist 10, with the waitlisted students having a high chance of getting in.

@kk89 They offered me multiple interview dates from November 3rd through December 10th. They said decisions would go out late December or early January. They interview 40 students, offer admission to 15, and waitlist 10, with the waitlisted students having a high chance of getting in.
Wow! Those are actually pretty good odds. Getting me excited now since I got an interview--I might be going to vet school next year!

I forgot this thread existed and that I apparently posted on it a ton 45 million years ago, but best of luck with this application cycle everyone! :luck:

Also, don't forget to take care of yourselves and do what you can to keep your anxieties to a minimum. You're all pretty wonderful people and shouldn't let your inner voices get the best of you! (I also recommend calm.com for some free guided meditations if that's something you're into).

Reactions: 8 users
I forgot this thread existed and that I apparently posted on it a ton 45 million years ago, but best of luck with this application cycle everyone! :luck:

Also, don't forget to take care of yourselves and do what you can to keep your anxieties to a minimum. You're all pretty wonderful people and shouldn't let your inner voices get the best of you! (I also recommend calm.com for some free guided meditations if that's something you're into).
You have no idea how much I needed this. I'm a basket case right now. Lol. Working full time at an emergency clinic and part time at a GP, taking biochem, packing/getting ready to move, my grandmother just passed, and I'm obsessively checking my email for word from any schools. It's exhausting... Also, weddings almost every freaking weekend, so there's no time to recuperate! I'd be laying in a ditch in the fetal position if it wasn't for my SO!

Deep breaths everyone!

You have no idea how much I needed this. I'm a basket case right now. Lol. Working full time at an emergency clinic and part time at a GP, taking biochem, packing/getting ready to move, my grandmother just passed, and I'm obsessively checking my email for word from any schools. It's exhausting... Also, weddings almost every freaking weekend, so there's no time to recuperate! I'd be laying in a ditch in the fetal position if it wasn't for my SO!

Deep breaths everyone!
*hugs*

Thanks for the response! Did they state in an official email/letter that decisions would go out late December or early January? I had a conversation with the admissions counselor for OVC and she said only after all interviews are conducted (which can go between late Feb to end of March) they will send out decisions. The counselor said that she isn't aware of any official date set by the OVC admissions committee for final decisions, at least not that early.

Thanks for the response! Did they state in an official email/letter that decisions would go out late December or early January? I had a conversation with the admissions counselor for OVC and she said only after all interviews are conducted (which can go between late Feb to end of March) they will send out decisions. The counselor said that she isn't aware of any official date set by the OVC admissions committee for final decisions, at least not that early.

No. It was told to me by someone while I was there for my interview, although maybe I misunderstood something. Perhaps they do acceptances in waves? I was only offered interview dates in November and December, certainly nothing as late as February or March. I would trust whatever the admissions counselor said.

Just got an interview invite for western! Only interview date left is MONDAY. *panic setting in*

Deep breaths everyone!

I know how stressful applying is. It seems like the one thing you want most might never happen. But if I did it over again, I would totally have not spent as much time as I did stressing. Vet school is all consuming, don't spend the year leading up to it stressed out of your mind. I promise you, it is going to work out exactly how it's supposed to. Enjoy the process of making the dream come true!

Reactions: 6 users
No. It was told to me by someone while I was there for my interview, although maybe I misunderstood something. Perhaps they do acceptances in waves? I was only offered interview dates in November and December, certainly nothing as late as February or March. I would trust whatever the admissions counselor said.

Ahh kk fair enough. All the best though! Let me know if you get in!