Class of 2023, anyone else slacking this summer?

M&L

Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Verified Expert
Jul 23, 2018
  1. Medical Student
    yeah... not gonna lie, it is rough. the only thing i am managing consistently is going through my cheesy lightyear deck - knock out 120 new cards a day on the average. Otherwise - NOTHING.... ahhhh.... and running. I am doing ok with that. Otherwise, i am being so lazy. I feel so guilty about it.

Reactions: 1 user

blockrudder1

Oct 14, 2019
    1. Medical Student
      yeah... not gonna lie, it is rough. the only thing i am managing consistently is going through my cheesy lightyear deck - knock out 120 new cards a day on the average. Otherwise - NOTHING.... ahhhh.... and running. I am doing ok with that. Otherwise, i am being so lazy. I feel so guilty about it.
      I aspire to be where you're at ^

Thanks for sharing!

About the Ads

OchemOficionado

Staff member
      Volunteer Staff
      5+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Apr 25, 2016
      1. Medical Student
        I'm having such a hard time with motivation this summer, especially with Step 1 potentially being pass fail.

Anyone else not as productive as they planned?

What makes you think Step 1 will be P/F? Didn't they put out a statement in June saying they considered it, but no.

blockrudder1

Oct 14, 2019
        1. Medical Student
          What makes you think Step 1 will be P/F? Didn't they put out a statement in June saying they considered it, but no.
          It will be p/f, but for the c/o 2023 - who knows. They gave a non-answer during a webinar in June. People on both sides claim to have received answers from trustworthy sources on c/o2023 scoring.
          I'm (supposed to be) preparing for a scored exam being reported. In any case, it may help me do better on step 2. In general, this approach has helped me do better in school.

But now school is out...Covid-19 is in...and I am losing sight of the big picture. I feel like being purely engaged from home, it is easy to forget what I'm working towards.

- time for a generic youtube motivation mix

Last edited:
          Reactions: 4 users

OchemOficionado

Staff member
          Volunteer Staff
          5+ Year Member
          Verified Expert
          Apr 25, 2016
          1. Medical Student
            It will be p/f, but for the c/o 2023 - who knows. They gave a non-answer during a webinar in June. People on both sides claim to have received answers from trustworthy sources on c/o2023 scoring.
            I'm (supposed to be) preparing for a scored exam being reported. In any case, it may help me do better on step 2. In general, this approach has helped me do better in school.

But now school is out...Covid-19 is in...and I am losing site of the big picture. I feel like being purely engaged from home, it is easy to forget what I'm working towards.

I remember there being some sort of petition for it to start immediately and if not, then definitely for the class of 2023 and the answering being no. My school sent around their statement. . . but who knows what the future holds.

I can totally relate, btw.

Reactions: 1 users

altblue

7+ Year Member
            Feb 11, 2014
            1. Medical Student
              The goal is to review biochem in-depth, but it's harder to stay motivated with the potential of score masking. And unlike other subjects, I've heard it's pretty nonexistent on Step 2 if Step 1 became irrelevant for us

I'm just aiming to do the best I can with the time and energy I have lol

CJhooper123

5+ Year Member
              Apr 2, 2016
              1. Medical Student

But now school is out...Covid-19 is in...and I am losing site of the big picture. I feel like being purely engaged from home, it is easy to forget what I'm working towards.

Don't worry about chilling this summer. I know plenty students who literally didn't do a thing during the summer and scored exceptionally well on Step 1.

If your c/o of 2023 and your taking Step 1 before Jan 2022 plan for it to be scored w/ 3-digits. Who knows what they will do with the score afterwards... but I'd still rather have a decent score.

Reactions: 2 users

PapaGuava

The Real PG
                Staff member
                Administrator
                7+ Year Member
                Verified Expert
                May 10, 2012
                1. Medical Student
                  I've just begun to review some Pharm + Micro because I considered it to be the most tedious and I wanted to get it warmed back up. However I'm only doing that in the morning, and then the rest of my day is just relaxing/spending time with family.

Last edited:
                  About the Ads

DPTinthemaking15

2+ Year Member
                  Oct 21, 2016
                  1. Medical Student
                    STRUGGLING. Started the summer off great with AnKing reviews + 100 new per day. I’m currently using Rememorize because I fell behind and was looking at 1,500+ reviews. Been getting WRECKED on COD... That’s productive, right?

• Haha
                    Reactions: 1 users

M&L

Volunteer Staff
                    2+ Year Member
                    Verified Expert
                    Jul 23, 2018
                    1. Medical Student
                      STRUGGLING. Started the summer off great with AnKing reviews + 100 new per day. I’m currently using Rememorize because I fell behind and was looking at 1,500+ reviews. Been getting WRECKED on COD... That’s productive, right?
                      hey i have been obsessing with WItcher III... so yeah, SURE>.. :)))

ak427

2+ Year Member
                      Mar 5, 2017
                      1. Medical Student
                        Class of 2023 here and definitely struggling too. Been keeping up with my Zanki reviews and doing 50 new cards a day + research, but definitely burning out. Research hasn't been what I expected either, with a full online transition. At this point, just hoping for a poster to salvage this project and get something out of it.

M&L

Volunteer Staff
                        2+ Year Member
                        Verified Expert
                        Jul 23, 2018
                        1. Medical Student
                          i personally decided to put my mental wellness as a priority - doing MY research (my own project), doing about 500 new anki a week plus review, training for a half marathon, but otherwise, - just chilling, cooking a lot (discovering new recipes - started baking bread and giving it to neighbors and homeless fellows in my hood to not get fat myself), hanging out with my pets, playing video games, making my apartment look pretty, and i colored my hair hard cherry chestnut color (always wanted red hair but was too scared). So, - wellness first. Yes, i take care of things, and make sure that what needs to be done is done. But happy doctor makes a good doctor. Happy daughter makes a good daughter. Happy friend makes a good friend... you get the point.

About the Ads

DPTinthemaking15

2+ Year Member
                          Oct 21, 2016
                          1. Medical Student
                            Wait what is this
                            Here is the Reddit thread that talks about it and I believe it provides a link to the add-on number:
                            It almost crashed when I first downloaded it, but everything is running fine now. Anyways, myself and two of my classmates are in a challenge on who can collect the coolest Pokemon haha.

• Wow
                            • Haha

Matthew9Thirtyfive

Do it.
                            Staff member
                            Administrator
                            Volunteer Staff
                            5+ Year Member
                            Navy
                            Verified Expert
                          • Jan 11, 2016
                            1. Medical Student
                              I reviewed GI really well - like , I could definitely test it tomorrow ... but the rest of it - hell no :))) I can barely tell the difference between a shoulder and a hip . Hahahahaha

That’s how I feel about neuro and GI. I have not been overly excited by any of the modules except neuro/psych and GI.

About the Ads

ArdorAyurveda

Credit goes to Google Images
                              2+ Year Member
                              Mar 15, 2019
                              1. Medical Student
                                Here is the Reddit thread that talks about it and I believe it provides a link to the add-on number:
                                It almost crashed when I first downloaded it, but everything is running fine now. Anyways, myself and two of my classmates are in a challenge on who can collect the coolest Pokemon haha.
                                As a former shiny hunter, it would be a serious game changer if this dude/dudette included shiny sprites and made it possible to get shiny pokemon...would never go to class again honestly haha

OchemOficionado

Staff member
                                Volunteer Staff
                                5+ Year Member
                                Verified Expert
                                Apr 25, 2016
                                1. Medical Student
                                  Yeah I keep forgetting some schools start earlier ... sorry

No worries. A small part of me wishes I was on break still, but the greater part of me is happy to be back to the grind. 3 week closer to getting year 2 and step over with, ya know?

M&L

Volunteer Staff
                                  2+ Year Member
                                  Verified Expert
                                  Jul 23, 2018
                                  1. Medical Student
                                    No worries. A small part of me wishes I was on break still, but the greater part of me is happy to be back to the grind. 3 week closer to getting year 2 and step over with, ya know?
                                    i do, but honestly, part of me is really dreading going back to school so soon... hahahhaha

OchemOficionado

Staff member
                                    Volunteer Staff
                                    5+ Year Member
                                    Verified Expert
                                    Apr 25, 2016
                                    1. Medical Student
                                      i do, but honestly, part of me is really dreading going back to school so soon... hahahhaha

That's totally normal, not to mention the changes we are dealing with due to the pandemic. During a town hall meeting with my school's admins one student actually suggested we pause our education until life returns to normal. A lot of us were like oh hell no, lets just get this over with, haha.

Matthew9Thirtyfive

Do it.
                                      Staff member
                                      Administrator
                                      Volunteer Staff
                                      5+ Year Member
                                      Navy
                                      Verified Expert
                                    • Jan 11, 2016
                                      1. Medical Student
                                        That's totally normal, not to mention the changes we are dealing with due to the pandemic. During a town hall meeting with my school's admins one student actually suggested we pause our education until life returns to normal. A lot of us were like oh hell no, lets just get this over with, haha.

Talk about a blue falcon.

blockrudder1

Oct 14, 2019
                                        1. Medical Student
                                          omg please no.

About the Ads
                                          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                          7. This thread is locked.