Class of 2023, anyone else slacking this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blockrudder1

Reaction score
I'm having such a hard time with motivation this summer, especially with Step 1 potentially being pass fail.

Anyone else not as productive as they planned?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
yeah... not gonna lie, it is rough. the only thing i am managing consistently is going through my cheesy lightyear deck - knock out 120 new cards a day on the average. Otherwise - NOTHING.... ahhhh.... and running. I am doing ok with that. Otherwise, i am being so lazy. I feel so guilty about it.

yeah... not gonna lie, it is rough. the only thing i am managing consistently is going through my cheesy lightyear deck - knock out 120 new cards a day on the average. Otherwise - NOTHING.... ahhhh.... and running. I am doing ok with that. Otherwise, i am being so lazy. I feel so guilty about it.
I aspire to be where you're at ^

Thanks for sharing!

Members don't see this ad :)
I aspire to be where you're at ^

Thanks for sharing!
Hahaha . Never in a million years I thought someone would aspire to be where I am at . Hahaga

listen , don’t be too hard on yourself . You deserve a break !!!! We have a rough year ahead .

It's not technically slacking if you didn't plan to study

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
What makes you think Step 1 will be P/F? Didn't they put out a statement in June saying they considered it, but no.
It will be p/f, but for the c/o 2023 - who knows. They gave a non-answer during a webinar in June. People on both sides claim to have received answers from trustworthy sources on c/o2023 scoring.
I'm (supposed to be) preparing for a scored exam being reported. In any case, it may help me do better on step 2. In general, this approach has helped me do better in school.

But now school is out...Covid-19 is in...and I am losing sight of the big picture. I feel like being purely engaged from home, it is easy to forget what I'm working towards.

- time for a generic youtube motivation mix

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
It will be p/f, but for the c/o 2023 - who knows. They gave a non-answer during a webinar in June. People on both sides claim to have received answers from trustworthy sources on c/o2023 scoring.
I'm (supposed to be) preparing for a scored exam being reported. In any case, it may help me do better on step 2. In general, this approach has helped me do better in school.

But now school is out...Covid-19 is in...and I am losing site of the big picture. I feel like being purely engaged from home, it is easy to forget what I'm working towards.

I remember there being some sort of petition for it to start immediately and if not, then definitely for the class of 2023 and the answering being no. My school sent around their statement. . . but who knows what the future holds.

I can totally relate, btw.

Reactions: 1 users
The goal is to review biochem in-depth, but it's harder to stay motivated with the potential of score masking. And unlike other subjects, I've heard it's pretty nonexistent on Step 2 if Step 1 became irrelevant for us

I'm just aiming to do the best I can with the time and energy I have lol

But now school is out...Covid-19 is in...and I am losing site of the big picture. I feel like being purely engaged from home, it is easy to forget what I'm working towards.

Don't worry about chilling this summer. I know plenty students who literally didn't do a thing during the summer and scored exceptionally well on Step 1.

If your c/o of 2023 and your taking Step 1 before Jan 2022 plan for it to be scored w/ 3-digits. Who knows what they will do with the score afterwards... but I'd still rather have a decent score.

Reactions: 2 users
I've just begun to review some Pharm + Micro because I considered it to be the most tedious and I wanted to get it warmed back up. However I'm only doing that in the morning, and then the rest of my day is just relaxing/spending time with family.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
STRUGGLING. Started the summer off great with AnKing reviews + 100 new per day. I’m currently using Rememorize because I fell behind and was looking at 1,500+ reviews. Been getting WRECKED on COD... That’s productive, right?

• Haha
STRUGGLING. Started the summer off great with AnKing reviews + 100 new per day. I’m currently using Rememorize because I fell behind and was looking at 1,500+ reviews. Been getting WRECKED on COD... That’s productive, right?
hey i have been obsessing with WItcher III... so yeah, SURE>.. :)))

I read 5 pages of Costanzo, someone give me a cookie please.
My research + burn out is sucking up most of my time. My goal had been to review all of physio before MS2, but c'est la vie.

honestly, i think all of us should cut ourselves a bit of slack, you know? it has been really rough past few months. we are doing great!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Class of 2023 here and definitely struggling too. Been keeping up with my Zanki reviews and doing 50 new cards a day + research, but definitely burning out. Research hasn't been what I expected either, with a full online transition. At this point, just hoping for a poster to salvage this project and get something out of it.

i personally decided to put my mental wellness as a priority - doing MY research (my own project), doing about 500 new anki a week plus review, training for a half marathon, but otherwise, - just chilling, cooking a lot (discovering new recipes - started baking bread and giving it to neighbors and homeless fellows in my hood to not get fat myself), hanging out with my pets, playing video games, making my apartment look pretty, and i colored my hair hard cherry chestnut color (always wanted red hair but was too scared). So, - wellness first. Yes, i take care of things, and make sure that what needs to be done is done. But happy doctor makes a good doctor. Happy daughter makes a good daughter. Happy friend makes a good friend... you get the point.

Today is the day, no youtube for me :nono:

Thanks for sharing everyone.

Wait what is this
Here is the Reddit thread that talks about it and I believe it provides a link to the add-on number:

It almost crashed when I first downloaded it, but everything is running fine now. Anyways, myself and two of my classmates are in a challenge on who can collect the coolest Pokemon haha.

• Wow
  • Haha
I reviewed GI really well - like , I could definitely test it tomorrow ... but the rest of it - hell no :))) I can barely tell the difference between a shoulder and a hip . Hahahahaha

That’s how I feel about neuro and GI. I have not been overly excited by any of the modules except neuro/psych and GI.

Here is the Reddit thread that talks about it and I believe it provides a link to the add-on number:

It almost crashed when I first downloaded it, but everything is running fine now. Anyways, myself and two of my classmates are in a challenge on who can collect the coolest Pokemon haha.

As a former shiny hunter, it would be a serious game changer if this dude/dudette included shiny sprites and made it possible to get shiny pokemon...would never go to class again honestly haha

Been doing reviews and then hitting micro and immuno videos. Max I go for is 4 hours a day.

• Wow
Yeah I keep forgetting some schools start earlier ... sorry

No worries. A small part of me wishes I was on break still, but the greater part of me is happy to be back to the grind. 3 week closer to getting year 2 and step over with, ya know?

No worries. A small part of me wishes I was on break still, but the greater part of me is happy to be back to the grind. 3 week closer to getting year 2 and step over with, ya know?
i do, but honestly, part of me is really dreading going back to school so soon... hahahhaha

i do, but honestly, part of me is really dreading going back to school so soon... hahahhaha

That's totally normal, not to mention the changes we are dealing with due to the pandemic. During a town hall meeting with my school's admins one student actually suggested we pause our education until life returns to normal. A lot of us were like oh hell no, lets just get this over with, haha.

That's totally normal, not to mention the changes we are dealing with due to the pandemic. During a town hall meeting with my school's admins one student actually suggested we pause our education until life returns to normal. A lot of us were like oh hell no, lets just get this over with, haha.

Talk about a blue falcon.

omg please no.

I've increased my productivity by 50% as a result of the higher threshold slacking-potential you've all set :thumbup: