Class of 2025 :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Date OptomCAS submitted: 11/15/2020
Date verified: 11/16/2020
OAT Scores: 350 AA/ 330 TS
Major: Public Health Sciences
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.59 cGPA/3.5 SciGPA
Extracurricular Activities: 100 hours optometric intern, 2 years volunteer at CHOC, Learning Assistant for Physiology Lab, research fellow, grant recipient, scientific paper publication (1 yr research), 2 years high school bible study teacher. Worked various jobs throughout college at chick-fil-a, sushi restaurant, and admin work.
Schools applied: ICO (11/15), CCO (11/15), SCCO (11/26), PUCO (11/30), SUNY (11/30), UCBSO (12/8)
Interviews extended/date: ICO (11/23), SCCO (12/1), PUCO (12/1), SUNY (12/8), CCO (12/11)
Interviews accepted/date: SCCO (12/10), SUNY (1/4), ICO (1/8)
Interviews declined/date: CCO, PUCO
Rejections/date: UCBSO (2/16)
Acceptance/date: SCCO (12/11), SUNY (1/8), ICO (1/22)

SUNY c/o 2025!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS submitted: 11/28/20
Date verified: 11/30/20
OAT Scores: 310AA/290TS
Major: Psychology
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.3/2.8
Extracurricular Activities: 2 year working as optical technician, 100 shadowing hours, research experience in synthetic biology
Schools applied: KYCO
Interviews accepted/date: KYCO 12/7/20
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: KYCO 12/21/20

Reactions: 1 user
Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/23/2020
Date verified: 09/27/2020
OAT Scores: 340AA/320TS
Major: Health Science
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.09
Schools applied: NECO, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: NECO (09/28/2020)
Interviews accepted/date: NECO (10/27/2020)
Interviews declined/date: MCPHS
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
NECO (11/03/2020)

Class of '25 NECO! Feel free to reach out for any advice. A lot of people were very helpful for me when I was feeling nervous and I would love to return the favor.
Hi, would you please tell me how was your experience interviewing at neco! Mine is coming up and its my top choice. Who took your interview and what did they ask you? i have heard it's heavily personality-based ... any thoughts?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 11/28/20
Date verified: 11/30/20
OAT Scores: 310AA/290TS
Major: Psychology
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.3/2.8
Extracurricular Activities: 2 year working as optical technician, 100 shadowing hours, research experience in synthetic biology
Schools applied: KYCO
Interviews accepted/date: KYCO 12/7/20
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: KYCO 12/21/20
It looks like you only applied to KY. Was KY your top choice and why? I am thinking about applying there. Thank you for any insight :)

It looks like you only applied to KY. Was KY your top choice and why? I am thinking about applying there. Thank you for any insight :)
I love the expanded scope of Practice that Kentucky offers and the brand new facility. But overall the staff were super friendly and my interview went super great so it made it my first choice. Direct message me if you have any further questions :) happy to help!

Hi, would you please tell me how was your experience interviewing at neco! Mine is coming up and its my top choice. Who took your interview and what did they ask you? i have heard it's heavily personality-based ... any thoughts?
Hi there! I interviewed at NECO in November and was accepted! It was the most relaxed interview I had. Basically you start in a group of about 10 other applicants and get to know each other, and listen to some information. Then you leave the zoom to enter your interview with a faculty member and mine was I believe a professor (not an optometrist) and we had the most chill conversation ever lol. She didn't ask me any serious questions that I would recommend you prepare for at all. That was about 15 minutes and I went back into the zoom to listen to a student panel and that was it!

Date OptomCAS submitted: July 15
Date verified: July 18
OAT Scores: 300/300
Major: Life Sciences
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.09/3.02
Schools applied: PCO, MCPHS, SCO, ICO, NOVA, IAUPR, MCO, IUSO, UABSO, KYCO
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (8/21), ICO (8/21), IUSO (8/24), MCPHS (8/26), PCO (8/28), KYCO (9/17), IAUPR (9/17), MCO (10/26)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (9/14), ICO (9/18), IUSO (10/16), MCPHS (9/8), PCO (9/22), KYCO (9/25), IAUPR (10/2), MCO (11/9)
Interviews declined/date: IUSO (10/8), MCO (11/4)
Rejections/date: UABSO (11/4) [on hold]
Acceptance/date: MCPHS (9/9), NOVA (9/18), PCO (9/24), KYCO (10/2), ICO (10/5), IAUPR (10/6)

what do you guys think? My GPA and OAT scores are on the lower end but I have a lot of extracurricular involvement with almost 5 years of experience in working in an optometry office, shadowing several doctors and have a high leadership position at my university's optometry club.

Edit: I've only decided to accept all the interviews as I wanna experience and see how each school is virtually as I don't have the option to see them in person.

I'll be joining MCPHS' Class of 2025!
Hey, congratulations on joining MCPHS. If you do not mind me asking, how did your interview go? I know they require you to write a short essay in 30 minutes. How was that? I am a little nervous because my interview is in 2 days... :(

Date OptomCAS submitted: 10/05/2020
Date verified: 10/10/2020
OAT Scores: 340TS/340AA
Major: Biochemistry (didn't complete)
GPA (Overall/Science): 4.044/3.999
Schools applied: SCO, NSUOCO, UMSL
Interviews extended/date: SCO 10/13/2020, NSUOCO 10/15/2020, UMSL 10/21/2020
Interview date: SCO 10/28/2020, NSUOCO 11/02/2020, UMSL 10/26/2020
Acceptance/date:SCO 11/03/2020, NSUOCO 11/04/2020, UMSL 10/26/2020

I will be attending NSUOCO in August

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything from PCO this week regarding interviews? I submitted my fall grades mid-December and they emailed me back saying that they are going to add them to my file, but I still haven't heard back. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, congratulations on joining MCPHS. If you do not mind me asking, how did your interview go? I know they require you to write a short essay in 30 minutes. How was that? I am a little nervous because my interview is in 2 days... :(
Hi I just saw this today...I'm so sorry for the reply but I hope the interview went well for you! It was very conversational and it didn't feel like an interview at all! The written portion was super relaxed and I didn't feel like it was worrisome! I hope everything went well for you and again I'm sorry for the late reply !! :(

Hi I just saw this today...I'm so sorry for the reply but I hope the interview went well for you! It was very conversational and it didn't feel like an interview at all! The written portion was super relaxed and I didn't feel like it was worrisome! I hope everything went well for you and again I'm sorry for the late reply !!
No worries! Thank you so much. I think the interview went well. Like you said it was super relaxed. And the prompt wasn't too bad. Now I'm waiting on their decision however I think they are waiting for me to take the OAT. I took it back in September and I got a 270 and im too scared to submit that score. So I'll be retaking it in a few days. Do you think I would have a chance at MCPHS with a 270? Thank you for your response.

No worries! Thank you so much. I think the interview went well. Like you said it was super relaxed. And the prompt wasn't too bad. Now I'm waiting on their decision however I think they are waiting for me to take the OAT. I took it back in September and I got a 270 and im too scared to submit that score. So I'll be retaking it in a few days. Do you think I would have a chance at MCPHS with a 270? Thank you for your response.
Is 270 your AA/TS? I know most schools look for average of at least 300 but if your GPA, involvement, LORs and the interview process went well then you probably have a good chance! I thought my 300/300 with 3.0 GPA was too low but I happened to receive several offers....so keep your hopes up and let me know if you hear back from MCPHS! All the best !!

Is 270 your AA/TS? I know most schools look for average of at least 300 but if your GPA, involvement, LORs and the interview process went well then you probably have a good chance! I thought my 300/300 with 3.0 GPA was too low but I happened to receive several offers....so keep your hopes up and let me know if you hear back from MCPHS! All the best !!
Thank you so much for giving me hope! My OAT was 270 AA. My cGPA is 3.14
I Believe my interview went well. Plus I think I'm a special case because I used to live abroad and I moved here 5 years ago. I have submitted 4 LORs. I will let you know what MCPHs says. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 11/6/2020
Date verified: 11/9/2020
OAT Scores: 330TS/330AA
Major: BS Psychology w/Neuroscience; currently getting MS in Vision Science/Ophthalmology
GPA (Overall/Science): 2.90/ 2.71
Schools applied: CCO, ICO, MCPHS, NECO, SALUS/PCO, NOVA, SCO, OSU, SCCO, UAB, UHCO
Interviews extended/date: MCPHS (11/9), SALUS/PCO (11/9), NECO (11/12), ICO (11/19), SCCO (11/25)
Interviews accepted/date: MCPHS (11/25), SALUS/PCO (12/1), NECO (12/7), SCCO (12/10), ICO 1/29/2021
Interviews declined/date: SCCO (12/8), ICO (12/24)
Rejections/date: CCO (11/10), UAB (12/15), OSU (1/25)
Acceptance/date: MCPHS (12/2), SALUS (12/3), NECO (12/15)

**didn't finish supplementals for SCO and NOVA

Will be joining NECO Class of 2025!
:soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 11/6/2020
Date verified: 11/9/2020
OAT Scores: 330TS/330AA
Major: BS Psychology w/Neuroscience; currently getting MS in Vision Science/Ophthalmology
GPA (Overall/Science): 2.90/ 2.71
Schools applied: CCO, ICO, MCPHS, NECO, SALUS/PCO, NOVA, SCO, OSU, SCCO, UAB, UHCO
Interviews extended/date: MCPHS (11/9), SALUS/PCO (11/9), NECO (11/12), ICO (11/19), SCCO (11/25)
Interviews accepted/date: MCPHS (11/25), SALUS/PCO (12/1), NECO (12/7), SCCO (12/10), ICO 1/29/2021
Interviews declined/date: SCCO (12/8), ICO (12/24)
Rejections/date: CCO (11/10), UAB (12/15)
Acceptance/date: MCPHS (12/2), SALUS (12/3), NECO (12/15)

Will be joining NECO Class of 2025!
:soexcited:
Hey congrats on your acceptance :)
I saw that you got accepted to Salus, did you finish your Casper test before getting accepted or after?

I saw that you got accepted to Salus, did you finish your Casper test before getting accepted or after?
Hi! Thanks!! I finished the Casper exam before my interview because i wasnt sure if it had to be done before. But if I remember correctly, they asked about it during the interview and mentioned to get it done as soon as possible because of the limited dates!

Nice!! Congrats!! What made you choose NECO?! Do you have any experiencein the field?

Nice!! Congrats!! What made you choose NECO?! Do you have any experiencein the field?
Thanks! I honestly had a hard time choosing between the three schools because I feel like they all really looked at my application as a whole. But something about NECO during the interview stood out to me and they didn't ask questions that were already answered in my essay or in my application. I feel like they got a sense of my personality outside of my optometry related experiences. I also had the opportunity to interact with 4th year NECO students while shadowing and they gave me a lot of insight on the school and what their experiences were.

The only experience I have in the field would be what I've learned in my masters program as well as shadowing!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/14/2020
Date verified: 07/20/2020
OAT Scores: AA: 280, TS: 260
Major: Biological Sciences, Minor in Chemistry
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.33 overall, 3.39 science
Schools applied: AZCOPT, CCO, UMSL, IUSO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: UMSL (08/06), CCO (08/07), PCO (08/28), IUSO (09/04)
Interviews accepted/date: UMSL (08/31), CCO (08/18), PCO (09/14)
Interviews declined/date: IUSO (10/05/20)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UMSL (08/31/2020), PCO (09/17/2020)

UMSL College of Optometry Class of 2025!!! Couldn't be more excited. Thanks to all for your support, and for those of you entering in my class with me, definitely reach out :)
Did you end up retaking the OAT btw? If so do you mind sharing what your retake scores were?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/28/2020
Date verified: 09/11/2020
OAT Scores: 290 AA/270 TS --> 300 AA/300 TS (Retook on 11/29/2020)
Major: Biology
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.56 Overall / 3.44 Science (Really wish they would not have calculated pre-retake grades into the GPA calculator this year as I would have had a 3.62 Overall and a 3.52 Science)
Schools applied: KYCO, IUSO, UABSO
Interviews extended/date: UABSO (09/18/2020), KYCO (10/07/2020), IUSO (11/18/2020)
Interviews accepted/date: UABSO (09/25/2020), KYCO (10/12/2020)
Interviews declined/date: IUSO (01/08/2021)
Rejections/date: KYCO (10/28/2020)
Acceptance/date: UABSO (12/16/2020)

My top choice was UAB as it was in-state of course and I also went to undergrad there so I'd already gotten familiar with some of the doctors and professors there. My application was put on hold however as my OAT scores were not up to par with their standards; I retook my OAT at the end of November and got a 300AA/300TS which I realize is the bare minimum but I was still somehow accepted whether it be nepotism or just pure luck haha.

Hey, my friend has been accepted to SUNY, but she is still waiting on Waterloo. She is Canadian, so she gets a great deal on tuition at Waterloo. So what do you all think? She is so stressed if she gets accepted at both. I think, it is a good problem to have.

Which to pick if she gets accepted into both programs? Any opinions?

Hi! How was the process for IAUPR? What did you like most about that school? Congrats!
Hi.. I totally didn't see this until now. So really sorry for the delay. The interview did not ask me anything about my prior grades and exam score. The emphasis was on my clinical knowledge, patient care and psychology, how I handle stress and how do I see myself handling moving to an Island, lastly my studying ability. I came prepared with questions, because you should have questions, and particullarly focused on a single professor as I found their research genuinely interesting & something I look forward to working on too. It was done on Zoom with four admission members, 3 professors and 1 other staff member.

INCOMING MESSAGE ABOUT MY THOUGHTS ABOUT ATTENDING IAUPR/MY BACKGROUND, NO TL;DR

NECO was always my top choice but I don't make the cut. It is what it is. SALUS was my second choice but they asked me to retake the OAT. I no longer want to study the OAT as it is taking away time from my other personal goals. Also, PR is a whole new experience and it is the smallest class size of all schools. I perform way better in smaller groups.

I've frequented Boston and Philly many times over college..... while the most important focus is school, I'd want my leisure time to be around the beach and on a tropical island - not in a city or go back home.

I've pretty much read every IAUPR thread on this forum, and the school's rep has taken a beating. Most notably for their "low board passing rates, gpa and, OAT scores". Yeah they do, but one that thing that hasn't been discussed much is they also take many of their own students from the Island. They are Native Spanish speakers... so they struggle especially in sections of orgo and all the hard vocabulary we've studied for. I can't speak about the quality of their schools but since many of us are USA/Canada... I think we have a lead in the sciences. So go figure about that part. They still come out licensed doctors.

MY OAT PREP:

I took Dr. Romano's OAT/DAT boot camp and did what I needed to do the THIRD time around for the exam. I was with Kaplan for about 1.5 years, even had my package bumped up to the private tutor. It was a waste of time and effort. If you aren't studying with Dr. Romano on the Facebook page and with his work.. I commend you for your bravery trying to take another study route.

So my thoughts on future board preparation... Nothing at university really helped me for OAT material and studying. I'm from Jersey and went to Rutgers and downright had some of the worst professors an individual can imagine. So, worst case scenario I actually expect the same from IAUPR. I see many third year students prepping with KMK material. I've messaged plenty 3rd year and working Doctors.... They've all said the same thing no matter what school they've gone too, it's all your responsibility. The school will help you and of course we have some DAMN good optometry schools that can make the process easier but it's strictly you. I have an exceptional clinical ability being in the same room with the same doctor for over three years now, I'm confident here and with the knowledge I'll bring with me.

I spent some time on this post, if anybody sees this and is attending IAUPR, message me lets connect...

Again good luck everybody still waiting, don't quit. If this is something you truly want, you'll get it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi.. I totally didn't see this until now. So really sorry for the delay. The interview did not ask me anything about my prior grades and exam score. The emphasis was on my clinical knowledge, patient care and psychology, how I handle stress and how do I see myself handling moving to an Island, lastly my studying ability. I came prepared with questions, because you should have questions, and particullarly focused on a single professor as I found their research genuinely interesting & something I look forward to working on too. It was done on Zoom with four admission members, 3 professors and 1 other staff member.

INCOMING MESSAGE ABOUT MY THOUGHTS ABOUT ATTENDING IAUPR/MY BACKGROUND, NO TL;DR

NECO was always my top choice but I don't make the cut. It is what it is. SALUS was my second choice but they asked me to retake the OAT. I no longer want to study the OAT as it is taking away time from my other personal goals. Also, PR is a whole new experience and it is the smallest class size of all schools. I perform way better in smaller groups.

I've frequented Boston and Philly many times over college..... while the most important focus is school, I'd want my leisure time to be around the beach and on a tropical island - not in a city or go back home.

I've pretty much read every IAUPR thread on this forum, and the school's rep has taken a beating. Most notably for their "low board passing rates, gpa and, OAT scores". Yeah they do, but one that thing that hasn't been discussed much is they also take many of their own students from the Island. They are Native Spanish speakers... so they struggle especially in sections of orgo and all the hard vocabulary we've studied for. I can't speak about the quality of their schools but since many of us are USA/Canada... I think we have a lead in the sciences. So go figure about that part. They still come out licensed doctors.

MY OAT PREP:

I took Dr. Romano's OAT/DAT boot camp and did what I needed to do the THIRD time around for the exam. I was with Kaplan for about 1.5 years, even had my package bumped up to the private tutor. It was a waste of time and effort. If you aren't studying with Dr. Romano on the Facebook page and with his work.. I commend you for your bravery trying to take another study route.

So my thoughts on future board preparation... Nothing at university really helped me for OAT material and studying. I'm from Jersey and went to Rutgers and downright had some of the worst professors an individual can imagine. So, worst case scenario I actually expect the same from IAUPR. I see many third year students prepping with KMK material. I've messaged plenty 3rd year and working Doctors.... They've all said the same thing no matter what school they've gone too, it's all your responsibility. The school will help you and of course we have some DAMN good optometry schools that can make the process easier but it's strictly you. I have an exceptional clinical ability being in the same room with the same doctor for over three years now, I'm confident here and with the knowledge I'll bring with me.

I spent some time on this post, if anybody sees this and is attending IAUPR, message me lets connect...

Again good luck everybody still waiting, don't quit. If this is something you truly want, you'll get it done.
Hey! I was wondering did you get an interview for Salus and they told you to retake your OAT?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 11/15/2020
Date verified: 11/16/2020
OAT Scores: 350 AA/ 330 TS
Major: Public Health Sciences
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.59 cGPA/3.5 SciGPA
Extracurricular Activities: 100 hours interned at optometry practice, 2 years volunteer at CHOC, UCI Learning Assistant for Human Physiology, UROP fellow, grant recipient, scientific article in process to publication (1 yr research), 2 years high school bible study teacher. Worked various jobs throughout college at Chick-fil-a, sushi restaurant, and administrative work
Schools applied: ICO (11/15), CCO (11/15), SCCO (11/26), PUCO (11/30), SUNY (11/30), UCBSO (12/8)
Interviews extended/date: ICO (11/23), SCCO (12/1), PUCO (12/1), SUNY (12/8), CCO (12/11)
Interviews accepted/date: SCCO (12/10), SUNY (1/4), ICO (1/8), PUCO (1/15)
Interviews declined/date: CCO, PUCO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SCCO (12/11), SUNY (1/8)
most likely attending SUNY!
Hey thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations on both your acceptances! :) SCCO is my number one choice, and I am wondering if you can tell me a bit about the vibe of the interview and any questions that stuck out? I have an interview coming soon, and I'm so nervous at this point in the cycle.

Hey thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations on both your acceptances! :) SCCO is my number one choice, and I am wondering if you can tell me a bit about the vibe of the interview and any questions that stuck out? I have an interview coming soon, and I'm so nervous at this point in the cycle.
Hello, thank you so much!! :) SCCO has a great program - wishing you the best! Before my interview, I heard from everyone that the interview is very chill and easygoing - they just want to get to know you. My interview experience felt more professional and serious, but I may have been an outlier.
First, you are in a group with everyone else interviewing at the same session as you and the admissions team makes you feel comfortable and welcome. We did some brief introductions - it was very friendly and casual! Then, you go into breakout groups for your interview. I was surprised because I felt like I got asked a lot of questions back-to-back. Some questions I remember were why optometry + why SCCO, define professionalism, difference between optometrist/ophthalmologist/optician. I remember that the SDN interview feedback forum was really helpful and accurate as to what questions I was asked, along with SCCO's filmed interview on youtube! I had time to ask my interviewer questions. I believe the interview was 45 minutes. Lastly, we went back to the breakout rooms to debrief and receive more information about the school and when we'll hear back.
I was able to answer all the questions but I honestly did not feel very hopeful after my interview, so just know that you never know. Although my experience was a bit stressful, a majority of experiences that I've heard were a lot more laid back. Looking back, this was my first interview and I wonder if I was just so tense that I made a casual interview seem super scary and interrogative in my head. So, I think the key for these interviews in general is to still prepare for the interview, but not stress too much and HAVE CONFIDENCE. By my third interview, I was a lot less nervous and more confident; it was a breeze. I think you'll hear back from SCCO the Friday of the week you interview via phone call, which is pretty quick compared to other schools. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help! Good luck!!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/13/2020 and 10/01/2020
Date verified: 09/14/2020 and 10/02/2020
OAT Scores: 380AA/400TS
Major: Biology, Minor in Health & Wellbeing
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.36/3.29
Schools applied: UCB, UHCO, NECO, AZCOPT, MCPHS, ICO, SCCO
Interviews extended/date: UCB (11/6), UHCO (10/7), NECO (10/7), AZCOPT (10/7), MCPHS (10/8), ICO (09/16), SCCO (10/6)
Interviews accepted/date: ICO (10/30), UHCO (11/4), NECO (11/2), MCPHS (11/3)
Interviews declined/date: UCB (11/10), SCCO (11/10), AZCOPT (11/10)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: NECO (11/6), UHCO (11/10), ICO (11/13), MCPHS (11/13)

I'm so excited to take this next step in my career. Thank you to everyone for all of your guidance and advice! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or are in need of advice as well :)
How did you study for your OAT?

How did you study for your OAT?
It was a mix of things, but I mainly used Kaplan's OAT Prep Plus book. I went through the entire book slowly (approx 2 months) since I was still working part time at an optometry office. Throughout that time, I did the practice problems in the book, and looked up additional resources to help me study/looked up things I was confused about. This was mainly for OCHEM and Gen Chem topics, since those were never really my strong suit in undergrad. I would recommend going to this website for free practice questions: Sample Questions - OAT Question of the Day

During the last couple of weeks before my OAT, I went through the entire book again (maybe like 5-7 chapters a day). A week before my OAT, I started doing all the practice tests that I could find. I will warn that the tests Kaplan provides are absurdly difficult, so it made me more discouraged before the OAT. At the same time, it made me more determined to study what I didn't know. From the practice tests that I had taken, the free test on the ADA website best mirrored what I encountered on the actual OAT.

If I could go back, I probably would have used Chad's videos, since those seem like they help a number of people. I probably would have also paid for a question bank, since I think I could have used more practice. Even though my score was good, using these resources probably would have made me less stressed.

Well anyways, good luck with your OAT and good luck with admissions! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

MY OAT PREP:

Hi! Thank you for responding. Yesterday I received the admission letter for IAUPR and I will be attending this August 2021. I am from PR, like you said it really depends on the persons dedication.

OAT Scores: 270 AA/260 TS
Major: Natural Science
GPA: 3.49 ( participated in student organizations and was president of a student organization)
Schools applied: Nova, AZCOPT. IAUPR, IUSO
Interviews extended/date: IAUPR (01/23/2021)
Rejections/date: Nova (01/20/2021)
Acceptance/date: IAUPR (01/25/2021)

I have not heard back from AZCOPR nor IUSO.

I found that looking at the Class of 2024 thread was super helpful when applying and choosing which schools to apply to, so I thought I would create a 2025 thread to potentially help others! I am not sure if someone has already started something like this but feel free to copy and reply with your stats!! Good luck to everyone this cycle!!

Date OptomCAS submitted:
Date verified:
OAT Scores:
Major:
GPA (Overall/Science):
Schools applied:
Interviews extended/date:
Interviews accepted/date:
Interviews declined/date:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
question: is the gpa your actual one or the optomcas calculated one?
my science gpa calculated by optomcas is really low and i'm nervous that it will negatively affect my overall application.
do schools usually look at the optomcas one or do they understand that it'll be lower than your actual and just go with the average one?

question: is the gpa your actual one or the optomcas calculated one?
my science gpa calculated by optomcas is really low and i'm nervous that it will negatively affect my overall application.
do schools usually look at the optomcas one or do they understand that it'll be lower than your actual and just go with the average one?
I used the ones calculated by optomcas but it's my understanding that they look at both your science and overall! I think they also take your raw grades into consideration too, as those are also apart of the application! If there is a specific school you are concerned about it wouldn't hurt to reach out to their admissions to have them answer your question more accurately than me!

Hi! Thank you for responding. Yesterday I received the admission letter for IAUPR and I will be attending this August 2021. I am from PR, like you said it really depends on the persons dedication.
Congratulations!!! =)

Date OptomCAS submitted: 01/04/2021
Date verified:01/08/2021
OAT Scores: 390AA | 400TS
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.6
Schools applied: NOVA, UC BERKLEY, UAB, OSU
Interviews extended/date: OSU (01/08/21), UAB (01/15/21)
Interviews accepted/date: OSU (01/08/21), UAB (01/15/21)
Interviews declined/date: UC BERKLEY, NOVA
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: OSU (01/27/21)
O-H! I-O!
Class of 2025!

Rejections/date:
O-H! I-O!
Class of 2025!
What was your interview like? Do you have any recommendations for interview at OSU?

I was invited to & attended the IU School of Optometry's Admission Day on Fri 1/22. They said we'd hear decisions within 2 weeks, but I'm surprised that it's really been this long with no word. I know they said there were less than 8 seats remaining in the class and 14 applicants were in attendance that day. I am wondering if anyone else happened to be there and if you've heard anything, or any other general advice from anyone else? I'm going crazy waiting and I can't help but think this is a bad sign to not hear yet. Thanks for reading!!

OAT Scores: 270 AA/260 TS
Major: Natural Science
GPA: 3.49 ( participated in student organizations and was president of a student organization)
Schools applied: Nova, AZCOPT. IAUPR, IUSO
Interviews extended/date: IAUPR (01/23/2021)
Rejections/date: Nova (01/20/2021)
Acceptance/date: IAUPR (01/25/2021)

I have not heard back from AZCOPR nor IUSO.
how was your interview with IAUPR?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/27/20
Date verified: 10/7/20
OAT Scores: 320AA/320TS
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.05/2.88
Extracurriculars: 96 hours shadowing, 350+ hours of current optometric receptionist experience, 90 hours volunteering at a hospital, 40 hours volunteering at a clinic.
Schools applied: NOVA, UIWRSO, MCPHS, UHCO, SALUS, SUNY
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (10/22), UIWRSO (10/8), MCPHS (10/10) , SALUS (10/9), SUNY(10/8)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (11/02), UIWRSO (10/27), MCPHS (10/13), SALUS (10/20), SUNY(11/9)
Acceptance/date: UIWRSO (11/4), NOVA (11/5), MCPHS (10/21), SALUS (10/22)

UHCO is my first choice, and it's the only one I haven't heard anything from yet :rofl:. Any Idea why is that? or if I have hope of even getting an interview?
How was your MCPHS interview? Do you remember what the prompt was?

how was your interview with IAUPR?
I was interviewed by three faculty members and they asked me why I wanted to study optometry and why with them. They also asked about how I confront difficult situations and how would I work different scenarios. It was a very nice interview and the staff was very delightful.

Rejections/date:
O-H! I-O!
Class of 2025!
How were your UAB and Ohio interviews?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/15/2020
Date verified: 7/17/2020
OAT Scores: TBD
Major: Kinesiology Pre-Med w/ Biology, Chemistry and Honors Interdisciplinary Minors.
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.59 Overall and 3.45 Science
Schools applied: KYCO, NOVA, IUSO, & PCO
Extracurricular Activities: 1.5 year optometric technician, 4 months interning 2 ODs, 380 hours volunteering at a nursing home, sorority leadership positions: historian chair, leadership chair, spirit chair, finance assistant chair and risk management team, Black Student Association: event coordinator and campus outreach chair, Asian Student Association: IOC chair, Microbiology and Immunology peer tutor, Honors Program social/cultural committee, Golden LEAF Scholarship Foundation: leadership advisory council X 2, district/state judge for DECA, Ronald McDonald House volunteer, and Pre-Med Allied Honor Society.
Interviews extended/date:
Interviews accepted/date:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
any updates on interviews/acceptance from schools?

any updates on interviews/acceptance from schools?
Hello!! I withdrawal from NOVA, but I got accepted into KYCO and interviewed with IUSO. I’m waiting on their final decision around March.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 1/24/21
Date verified: 1/28/21
OAT Scores: 320 TS 330 AA
Major: BS Biology, BA Anthropology, MS Medical Sciences
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.55/3.41
Schools applied: NOVA
Interviews extended/date: 2/10/21
Interviews accepted/date: 2/15/21
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: 2/18/21

NSUCO Class of 2025!! Go Sharks!
Good luck to everyone still applying! YOU GOT THIS!
Feel free to pm me if you have any questions! I'd love to help

Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/14/2020
Date verified: 07/20/2020
OAT Scores: AA: 280, TS: 260
Major: Biological Sciences, Minor in Chemistry
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.33 overall, 3.39 science
Schools applied: AZCOPT, CCO, UMSL, IUSO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: UMSL (08/06), CCO (08/07), PCO (08/28), IUSO (09/04)
Interviews accepted/date: UMSL (08/31), CCO (08/18), PCO (09/14)
Interviews declined/date: IUSO (10/05/20)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UMSL (08/31/2020), PCO (09/17/2020)

UMSL College of Optometry Class of 2025!!! Couldn't be more excited. Thanks to all for your support, and for those of you entering in my class with me, definitely reach out :)
Welcome to UMSL! You're going to love it here!

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. I've lived in St Louis for almost 10 years, and I'm class of 2024!