Class Schedule - Former SMPers Opinions Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ModernAlchemist

Transform and Transcend
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in my first semester at my SMP, about 3 weeks in. I'm looking for some opinions on what I should do with my class schedule. I have ~3.4 cum and BCPM GPA from undergrad, so I would like to prove that I am able to do really well in med school classes to make up for it. I have the option of taking an extra 4-unit class that focuses on the Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology on a more in-depth level than my core medical school classes. This would bring my units up to 16, 12 of which are medical school classes. My question is: in your (collective) experience, should I take the extra class to show I can handle a heavy load or play it safer, based on my undergrad gpa?

I am going to be speaking with the director of my program about this, but I wanted to get some opinions here too.

Thank you!