Classes for this Semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

improvcric

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow classes begin and let's just say I don't feel like stepping through the college of health sciences doors again for 5 more months. My situation is as follows: Either I will score a late acceptance or I will apply for an SMP in the next few weeks. The question is... should I continue taking biology and other science courses or at this point does it not matter as long as it will help my gpa (which btw did I mention it was struggling). Also my prereqs are done. So more bio or no more bio.

It seems that Adcoms will base their decision off of the information which they already have for this season (which doesn't include this semesters stats) or they will base it off of my information through this semester for next season, however with the current enrollment in an SMP (hopefully) to consider.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

is your science GPA low? then you might want to take more science classes and do well and raise it.

Well as a senior I have completed 47 BPCM credits with a 4.0 (not including last semester).

I am also considering taking an easy load and applying for a job at the local hospital as a tech or interning somewhere.

Not sure which will be more beneficial at this point.

***I realize that doesn't exactly answer the question above but I am trying to keep things really general to encourage responses. (avoiding the "sounds like you already have your answer" response)***

Members don't see this ad :)
If you plan on not going hard, then you better go home. In other words, you don't feel like it, there's no true motivational factor behind this, then you might risk getting a lower grade because you lack the desire...

you know yourself best.

4.0 BCPM? Just take whatever classes you want, just make sure you ace them if your overall GPA is low.

To be fair, 4.0 only as a senior. Otherwise not so good. The point to be made by that (47 @4.0) was that anything that could be proved has been proved.

Thanks for the responses... Encouraging more.

To be fair, 4.0 only as a senior. Otherwise not so good. The point to be made by that (47 @4.0) was that anything that could be proved has been proved.

Thanks for the responses... Encouraging more.

Well in the long run, it won't make a difference. You have a fine upward trend so unless your BCPM GPA is sub-3.0, I still say take whatever classes you want.

Edit: or if you have any bad grades in sci classes, you might want to retake those too.