classes to take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi I wanted to apply dental school next year but the problem is I have a non-competition GPA's my DAT are ok(20/21) so i'm thinking taking upper division classes full time this fall. My question is should I repeat the classes i did not do well on or take new classes?

Members don't see this ad.

You did really well on your DATs and should get in some where. I would call some of the dental schools you are interested in and tell them your pland...I am sure they would be happy to give you some feedback. But taking classes is a good way to show you are interested. Did you graduate?

Hi Ngo-
I also had a poor grade on my record. I called every school I planned to apply to and only one told me I HAD TO repeat the class. The others told me that they recommended repeating the class because the grade would be factored into their overall picture of me. Because I don't like taking any chances, I repeated the class and turned a "D" into an "A"!!! So, if I were you, I'd repeat some courses you did poorly in and ace them!! Then you should definitely get into dental school. Margaret :D

I AGREE WITH MSPURTELL BUT ONLY IF YOU THINK YOU CAN ACE THEM. IF YOU REPEAT THE COURES AND ONLY GET A "C" THEN YOU MAY BE DIGGING A HOLE DEEPER THAN THE ONE THAT YOUR ALREADY IN. WITH THOSE SCORES UNLESS YOUR GRADES ARE HORRIBLE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET IN.