Classroom lecture recordings unreliable at your School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

decisions-decisions

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to class but still like to have the lecture audio/video recordings to replay and use for study purposes. Problem is, our schools recording system usually has several recordings per week (at a minimum, sometimes several per day) which aren't recorded properly or at all. I understand it happening from time to time because with technology, things like this happen, but this seems to be pretty frequent and I know the system was expensive. Just wondering if this is normal at other schools as well? If your system is more reliable, do you mind sharing what type of recording program your school uses? Many thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Our school's look like it was shot with a cell-phone camera. Sometimes the professors writing on the slides doesn't sync correctly with the audio.

Reactions: 1 users
I go to class but still like to have the lecture audio/video recordings to replay and use for study purposes. Problem is, our schools recording system usually has several recordings per week (at a minimum, sometimes several per day) which aren't recorded properly or at all. I understand it happening from time to time because with technology, things like this happen, but this seems to be pretty frequent and I know the system was expensive. Just wondering if this is normal at other schools as well? If your system is more reliable, do you mind sharing what type of recording program your school uses? Many thanks :)
I'm at UNECOM. We had a bunch of recording issues when we initially switched over to Panopto that were hardware-related, but eventually got resolved. Haven't had a lecture recording problem in weeks. Last year, we only lost about 4 or 5 lectures total.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not normal, it has happened a few times too many for us as well. Frustrating all the same

My cousin's MD School had all her lectures recorded both video and audio format on and fully downloadable on iTunes. And this was 8 years ago.

It made me wonder how my school gets away with charging so much money.

A lot of schools are way behind the ball when it comes to technology.