Drsecondchance

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2018
Hi guys! I am an accepted student and will start this summer. I'm considering a school that is very close to home and has a lot of what I'm looking for, but the curriculum for preclinicals is all active learning without lectures. I am a self-starter and studied alone for the MCAT using Coursesaver and Khan Academy lectures, but I'm very much an audio learner and struggle to learn what I need to learn from textbooks. My question is this: outside of the lectures that medical schools offer, is there something similar to AK videos, Chad's videos, some other source where I can get strong lectures that will teach me what I need to know for preclinicals? I know for clinicals there are times I'm going to have to read a textbook, but I really struggle when that's the only source for knowledge. Thanks!

Aug 7, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Boards and beyond, sketchy, osmosis, usmle rz360. There’s plenty of outside lecture materials in pretty much every flavor

Reactions: 1 user

Cranjis McBasketball

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi guys! I am an accepted student and will start this summer. I'm considering a school that is very close to home and has a lot of what I'm looking for, but the curriculum for preclinicals is all active learning without lectures. I am a self-starter and studied alone for the MCAT using Coursesaver and Khan Academy lectures, but I'm very much an audio learner and struggle to learn what I need to learn from textbooks. My question is this: outside of the lectures that medical schools offer, is there something similar to AK videos, Chad's videos, some other source where I can get strong lectures that will teach me what I need to know for preclinicals? I know for clinicals there are times I'm going to have to read a textbook, but I really struggle when that's the only source for knowledge. Thanks!
Active learning without lectures is ideal. There are tons of amazing videos. In addition to the ones above: Pathoma too

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
There are tons of med school professor's lecture son YouTube. Just type in a subject and see what come sup, like, say, pancreatitis.

Don't bother wasting your time doing this before med school! Enjoy your time off.

Reactions: 1 users
Aug 1, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Costanzo is a good textbook and probably the only one worth opening. Other than that, there is an insane amount of outside resources at your disposal in med school. Take advantage of them. With some internet sleuthing you can find them all for free. I go to a school with mandatory PBL, few audio lectures (if at all), and have been successful using B&B, Pixorize, and Physeo 1st year.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads