Classroom: The Princeton Review or KAPLAN? Same old question??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emno

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

The Princeton Review or KAPLAN classroom courses: which is better? I know this question is aske many times but I did not find a very strong reason on which one to attend. I have already booked my KAPLAN as I did not know that The Princeton Review offers class in my town. I came to know yesterday about this. After some comparisoon, I found that The Princeton Review offers almost double the classroom hours then KAPLAN.
I am knid of a person who needs a motivator so I started feeling if I should go for The Princeton Review?

Also not sure how much refund I will get from KAPLAN? I have received teh books but I did not use any online resourse and books also seating there.

any inputs?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Kaplan course. I always felt that the classes were pointless. I'm also someone that prefers to study on my own. I took the class more for getting the materials and online access. Although if you are someone that needs motivation the classes could be useful. My problem with the classes was that they ran very slow and they were meant to be very interactive, but nobody participated in the questions asked by the teacher so we would just wait until someone finally gave in and answered (usu me from being annoyed).

I have not taken Princeton Review, but I would think this would apply to both. The material given by Kaplan is very useful. I have also found that the books are very well organized.

I'm not sure if that many people have taken both TPR and Kaplan. So most would give a biased perspective since they've only taken one. I'm sure both have advantages and disadvantages. I thought overall Kaplan was great. Again, my only annoyance was the classes ran so slow I felt I could get more done studying on my own for those 3 hours.

Not sure about the refund. Best thing would be to call and find out. I don't think TPR would be significantly better than Kaplan, otherwise everyone would do TPR.

GL!

TPR has almost double the classes than KAPLAN.
I am a kind of person who needs some motivation to study and going to more classes will keep me on the track. Though I am not sure about it.