clearance of loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jahnavi bhatt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a dentist from India. I want to do postgraduation program in USA and settle there. I have few doubts and want to get clarify near you
1)some of my friends told me that the universities in USA won't allow international students for postgraduation ,if allowed they won't get jobs after study is it true? ???

2)are international students eligible for scholarships if yes, roughly how much money do they offer? ?

3)taking a loan of 250k is it possible to clear for a freshly graduated international dentist in USA within 5yrs????

Waiting for your reply, please post your reply is helpful to me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1) If you complete postgrad you can get a job here
2) Not sure- probably not. NHSC and HPSP are reserved for US Citizens. You might get a small token (up to $2000 a year in some cases) from the school you get into directly, but it's unlikely.
3) Can be done. Is not easy though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Incisor, even if the international student performs good in academic, has good gpa, nbde and tofel marks also he can't get a scholarship? ???

Incisor, even if the international student performs good in academic, has good gpa, nbde and tofel marks also he can't get a scholarship? ???

HPSP and NHSC (full ride, 100% tuition, fees, housing paid for, no loans needed) are for US Citizens only. No exceptions. Even if you have the best grades, GPA, NBDE, you will not get an NHSC or HPSP scholarship unless you are an American citizen.

Not sure if there are other forms of financial aid that are given to international students. Best thing to do is to phone-call the dental schools you want to apply to and ask if they give advanced standing program students any grants or scholarships. I would not expect there to be much, however.