Clearing away Mr. Know it all <g>

Started by budhak0n
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

budhak0n

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone want to share their experiences with "Big Me" as I like to call it ( after all I am a huge Foo Fan <g>) ...

But although intellectually I can admit to myself that I do not know the material inside and out. Retaking undergrad courses does sort of force one to face up to their own "big me" syndromes.

For instance, I already feel like the Professor probably doesn't have me solo'ed out as one of his favorites because he knows why I'm there to take his college level Bio course. I know he can't affect my performance on the tests and the final grading and such but he's already done the clerical error like 10 to 15 point deductions on quizzes... (marking questions wrong I answered right) and he said things like , lol, Make sure you know when the last day of class is you can withdraw and get your money back...

I think it would be better to communicate to these guys that you're just like some 35 year old Biology nut than to let them know ur in a Post Bacc program .....

I know I know .. most of it is just Big "me" syndrome but I do get the feeling that some instructors might just be a pain in the whizzer because they can be <g>
😀
 
Anyone want to share their experiences with "Big Me" as I like to call it ( after all I am a huge Foo Fan <g>) ...

But although intellectually I can admit to myself that I do not know the material inside and out. Retaking undergrad courses does sort of force one to face up to their own "big me" syndromes.

For instance, I already feel like the Professor probably doesn't have me solo'ed out as one of his favorites because he knows why I'm there to take his college level Bio course. I know he can't affect my performance on the tests and the final grading and such but he's already done the clerical error like 10 to 15 point deductions on quizzes... (marking questions wrong I answered right) and he said things like , lol, Make sure you know when the last day of class is you can withdraw and get your money back...

I think it would be better to communicate to these guys that you're just like some 35 year old Biology nut than to let them know ur in a Post Bacc program .....

I know I know .. most of it is just Big "me" syndrome but I do get the feeling that some instructors might just be a pain in the whizzer because they can be <g>
😀

say what?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone want to share their experiences with "Big Me" as I like to call it ( after all I am a huge Foo Fan <g>) ...

But although intellectually I can admit to myself that I do not know the material inside and out. Retaking undergrad courses does sort of force one to face up to their own "big me" syndromes.

For instance, I already feel like the Professor probably doesn't have me solo'ed out as one of his favorites because he knows why I'm there to take his college level Bio course. I know he can't affect my performance on the tests and the final grading and such but he's already done the clerical error like 10 to 15 point deductions on quizzes... (marking questions wrong I answered right) and he said things like , lol, Make sure you know when the last day of class is you can withdraw and get your money back...

I think it would be better to communicate to these guys that you're just like some 35 year old Biology nut than to let them know ur in a Post Bacc program .....

I know I know .. most of it is just Big "me" syndrome but I do get the feeling that some instructors might just be a pain in the whizzer because they can be <g>
😀

Whether you are the professor's "favorite" or the professor never knows you, I assure you, that you are another student and a name in a grade book. As a professor, he or she just doesn't care one way of the other about students on a personal level.

Your task/job is to master the material that is presented. The material doesn't care if you are 15 years old or 55 years old as it is the same material. Try to focus on what you have to master and learn while at the same time, drop any attitudes or feelings about your professor. I assure you, that the professor hasn't given one thought to you or has any feelings about you personally.

As in anything in life, your attitude is the only thing that you have control over. If you go into a course, task (or anything else) with the attitude that something (or someone) is a "PITA" then (surprise), that is what you will find and that is what you will be spending extra time dealing with. If you go into a task (or course) with the attitude that you are going to master this material or task, then you will. The rest is a total waste of time, energy and money. Success begins in the mind first.
 
Anyone want to share their experiences with "Big Me" as I like to call it ( after all I am a huge Foo Fan <g>) ...

But although intellectually I can admit to myself that I do not know the material inside and out. Retaking undergrad courses does sort of force one to face up to their own "big me" syndromes.

For instance, I already feel like the Professor probably doesn't have me solo'ed out as one of his favorites because he knows why I'm there to take his college level Bio course. I know he can't affect my performance on the tests and the final grading and such but he's already done the clerical error like 10 to 15 point deductions on quizzes... (marking questions wrong I answered right) and he said things like , lol, Make sure you know when the last day of class is you can withdraw and get your money back...

I think it would be better to communicate to these guys that you're just like some 35 year old Biology nut than to let them know ur in a Post Bacc program .....

I know I know .. most of it is just Big "me" syndrome but I do get the feeling that some instructors might just be a pain in the whizzer because they can be <g>
😀


Agree with njbmd but also would suggest you play nice because you may need an LOR from the dude.
 
Agree with njbmd but also would suggest you play nice because you may need an LOR from the dude.

As I shall.... But like I said... It's mostly on my side of the street..

What I refer to as the "big Me" syndrome. Hey Me and Narcissus don't fall far from the apple tree sometimes Lol.

I was just wondering if anybody after having gone back to school after a long layoff ... 10 plus years or so.. had to deal with the Big "me" stuff...

I know that the material is independent.. and my grade will reflect my work which to date , despite the long layoff has been surprisingly good.. ( one of the advantages of starting in the summer with just a single course.... my undivided attention)..

I don't think he's a bad fella and I don't think it's anything personal. I just get the feeling that he couldn't care less about it and when we enroll in a course of study like this , perhaps, much much more than the pressures of traditional undergrad..... we're even that much more obsessed with the "A".

I guess I should really start lookin into the MCATS.... can't start too early.

What courses specifically cover the material .. things like that...

Will keep me busy b/c all this memorization of aminos and nucleotides and purines is already getting a little boring lol
 
I was just wondering if anybody after having gone back to school after a long layoff ... 10 plus years or so.. had to deal with the Big "me" stuff...
l

Alright. I'll humor you.

When I first stepped into the science classroom I was scared ****less. But I didn't spend the last 10-15 years of my life near anything bookish, except my own reading for pleasure, certainly not anything resembling a textbook of science.

Stepping out of line was the farthest thing from my mind. I kept my head down like a good soldier and killed it. I woke every morning before sunrise to make it to the library so I could get a couple hours in before class and then it was off to a busy and tiring ED shift where my job consisted of chiefly moving every body in the place to and from their destinations--to floors, to the car, or to the morgue and everywhere in between.

I studied way harder than I needed too. Even after routinely scoring among the top scores in all of my classes...I still refused to relax.

Fast forward a couple of years and my body and mind and relationships paid the price. I started to learn to chill with my education and enjoy it more. I learned to appreciate the beauty of a well orchestrated low but safe A and I even slipped and got two A-'s.

Now in this last semester the insidiously well dressed demon, Mr. Narcissism and I, had a meeting of sorts. As I entered some required general education classes I came up on a different type of student--the usual suspects you find at cheap joe public university: stoners, slackers, spoiled brats, and let's face it for a school that likes to brag about its diversity a bunch of idiots that display California's 49th ranking in secondary education to the tee.

It really annoyed me. I got emboldened and flat out told the professor in a small final group class feedback meeting that these little freakin brats had no manners to pop into class 20 minutes late and that the material was of such low academic level that it was embarrassing and that most of these kids didn't even have the basic academic skills of decent high school students. They cheat constantly and never study. They have no character.

After that...there was kind of uncomfortable silence. I acted like a schmuck. My ego got to big from my success as a student. Now I felt stupid. I regretted it. Not that my assessment was wrong on all parts but that I felt comfortable saying those things to people clearly indicated that I was misconstruing the meaning of my education.

This is the lazy habit of intellectuals--to think that they are better than other because of their knowledge. This fault reared its ugly head and I was humbled. I shrunk back in prayer from seeing myself become what I despised.

Now I like some of the things you say and I usually get along well with the overly intellectual because their company makes for better conversation. But you should recognize the potential for misconduct that is rampant in the over -educated or your potential for good action with your fellow man will suffer. If there is one thing that is easy to recognize it is when someone thinks they are better than you--and usaully it requires no direct indication with words.

I flee from myself in this regard. I recommend you do the same.
 
As I shall.... But like I said... It's mostly on my side of the street..

What I refer to as the "big Me" syndrome. Hey Me and Narcissus don't fall far from the apple tree sometimes Lol.

I was just wondering if anybody after having gone back to school after a long layoff ... 10 plus years or so.. had to deal with the Big "me" stuff...

I know that the material is independent.. and my grade will reflect my work which to date , despite the long layoff has been surprisingly good.. ( one of the advantages of starting in the summer with just a single course.... my undivided attention)..

I don't think he's a bad fella and I don't think it's anything personal. I just get the feeling that he couldn't care less about it and when we enroll in a course of study like this , perhaps, much much more than the pressures of traditional undergrad..... we're even that much more obsessed with the "A".

I guess I should really start lookin into the MCATS.... can't start too early.

What courses specifically cover the material .. things like that...

Will keep me busy b/c all this memorization of aminos and nucleotides and purines is already getting a little boring lol


You will get to stuff you realy need to work on to get A's soon enough, so enjoy your time now. And when you get to med school everything turns up a notch and you will quickly lose your 'tude.

As for what's on the MCAT, it covers bio 1-2 (including genetics and physiology that ought to be covered in such classes but at some schools unfortunately isn't), gen chem 1-2, physics 1-2 and orgo 1-2. Plus a section on verbal reasoning. I don't know that I would start studying for the MCAT until you are done with taking/retaking substantially all the prereqs.
 
Alright. I'll humor you.

When I first stepped into the science classroom I was scared ****less. But I didn't spend the last 10-15 years of my life near anything bookish, except my own reading for pleasure, certainly not anything resembling a textbook of science.

Stepping out of line was the farthest thing from my mind. I kept my head down like a good soldier and killed it. I woke every morning before sunrise to make it to the library so I could get a couple hours in before class and then it was off to a busy and tiring ED shift where my job consisted of chiefly moving every body in the place to and from their destinations--to floors, to the car, or to the morgue and everywhere in between.

I studied way harder than I needed too. Even after routinely scoring among the top scores in all of my classes...I still refused to relax.

Fast forward a couple of years and my body and mind and relationships paid the price. I started to learn to chill with my education and enjoy it more. I learned to appreciate the beauty of a well orchestrated low but safe A and I even slipped and got two A-'s.

Now in this last semester the insidiously well dressed demon, Mr. Narcissism and I, had a meeting of sorts. As I entered some required general education classes I came up on a different type of student--the usual suspects you find at cheap joe public university: stoners, slackers, spoiled brats, and let's face it for a school that likes to brag about its diversity a bunch of idiots that display California's 49th ranking in secondary education to the tee.

It really annoyed me. I got emboldened and flat out told the professor in a small final group class feedback meeting that these little freakin brats had no manners to pop into class 20 minutes late and that the material was of such low academic level that it was embarrassing and that most of these kids didn't even have the basic academic skills of decent high school students. They cheat constantly and never study. They have no character.

After that...there was kind of uncomfortable silence. I acted like a schmuck. My ego got to big from my success as a student. Now I felt stupid. I regretted it. Not that my assessment was wrong on all parts but that I felt comfortable saying those things to people clearly indicated that I was misconstruing the meaning of my education.

This is the lazy habit of intellectuals--to think that they are better than other because of their knowledge. This fault reared its ugly head and I was humbled. I shrunk back in prayer from seeing myself become what I despised.

Now I like some of the things you say and I usually get along well with the overly intellectual because their company makes for better conversation. But you should recognize the potential for misconduct that is rampant in the over -educated or your potential for good action with your fellow man will suffer. If there is one thing that is easy to recognize it is when someone thinks they are better than you--and usaully it requires no direct indication with words.

I flee from myself in this regard. I recommend you do the same.

Sweet. Somebody in the same boat. And yes whether fortunately or unfortunately ( I'm still in a serious self-debate lol) .. the years have taught me to back it down a notch.

I can't lie, because with me it comes firing off me in all directions, intellectually sure I think I'm the cat's meow and it's cost me at many times in life because as you say it sticks out in a crowd ... lol...

But then I think about people like Albert and realize that in a world full of academics, some of which are "truly" talented individuals, in some circles despite my uncanny test taking prowess and ability to smoke whatever the Princeton Review, or any other "test" admission body can brew up... I'm actually probably considered in many circles to be much more of a case of highly developed high level autism more than any extremely Insightful and brutally talented intellectual superstar <g>

I do still suffer from the , "why the heck do I have to take these courses at a university syndrome? Can't I just test out?" .. but for this reason alone I know that If I am truly about to embark on the journey... I MUST ATTEND an Undergrad institution and prove to myself that I can do A level science work because let's face facts... In my life I haven't had a difficult academic year since my junior year of high school and academically since then any self respecting adcomm although they would recognize the Ability to do well would be correct in ascertaining that I fall much more in the Slacker category than I do in the "achiever" category..

And a great deal of that has to do with my fascination with me.

But it was kewl to hear someone else who knows what I'm getting at...

I think a small part of the motivation for attempting this is of course, putting myself to the test academically, however, I would not have tried this if that was all there was.

I truly feel this is where I'm supposed to be right now in my life and I am 190% sure that this is what I should do with my life.

I wasn't mature enough to try this when I was a younger man and would not have been any help to myself ... let alone another soul on this earth <g>
 
Yes. I understand the scenario of putting yourself in a challenging position for the purpose of resolving yourself to overcome obstacles.

The problem with taking up this position is it places our consciousness in the binary frame of mind to place value on ourselves when we accomplish things academically. There are potentially dangerous consequences to assuming the the validity of the mind's own designs.

Fortunately the path towards becoming a physician is fraught with all imaginable assaults to the ego. In my experience it is the most humble and cheerful of physicians who were the most effective. Fortunately the acquired woeful disdain of academia falls on its face in the service of the public.

This is one the main reasons I am pursuing this path--that it balances my desire for accomplishment with a necessary conformity of the ego in the service of others. So long as one retains a more or less objective measure of one's own effectiveness success is possible.

This is where the development of one's spiritual identity is essential. It is fashionable in science and academia to "be above the fray" when it comes to wrestling with the larger questions of our collective purpose and what to do with our time here. The demands of becoming and being a physician will frustrate those who don't have a solid framework for those questions as eventually there is no more grade given for achievements and one is either satisfied with one's work as a service to others or one grows bitter and discontented. Unfortunately the culture that surrounds the necessary endeavors support the latter predicament and only the resolute and grounded will emerge balanced and ready to serve.

I will seek to guard myself against the swelling of pride I feel in my own accomplishments for my own effectiveness to survive this process I must be successful, God wiling, I will be.

In talking with you now it occurs to me the perils of the soul are greater than I thought at the beginning this journey. Thank you for reminding me of their gravity.
 
The Perils of the "soul" are the only true perils that remain <g>.

All the other ones have been tested, tried, deviated and denied.

I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't feel a "calling". The lack of such a calling to serve was precisely why I didn't pursue this course in a traditional manner.

I know for many it seems awful quaint and just not very "modern" but I would think today , more then ever, especially with the Health care reforms which are undoubtedly looming on the horizon, those who choose to serve will almost DEFINITELY be called upon TO SERVE above all else.

To many the entire concept is laughable, but to just as many, it is the reason why they get up every morning.
 
I can't imagine either of you have THAT much to do, based on your ability to think up all this ridiculous, self-serving BS. I'm guessing that if you get into medicine you'll both find that no-one gives a crap about any uncanny test taking prowess, silly "Perils of the Soul," or narcissistic desires to decide whether this is truly your true calling. Here's an idea, if this is really about your desire "to serve" others then count the amount of times you write "I" or "me" in your posts.
 
I can't imagine either of you have THAT much to do, based on your ability to think up all this ridiculous, self-serving BS. I'm guessing that if you get into medicine you'll both find that no-one gives a crap about any uncanny test taking prowess, silly "Perils of the Soul," or narcissistic desires to decide whether this is truly your true calling. Here's an idea, if this is really about your desire "to serve" others then count the amount of times you write "I" or "me" in your posts.

LOL. I tend to agree with milky, but maybe not as curtly. Go into medicine only if you think that, after extensively researching the field, that being a physician will be interesting, challenging, and/or enjoyable. Worry less about a "calling", you can go far in this field without believing in such a thing. Worry more about if it is something you really wan't to do. You have choices. As for test taking prowess, I can promise you that down this road everyone gets to a point where they feel like they don't know anything and are a bumbling idiot. Other folks who previously seemed like bumbling hopeless idiots will pass right by you like you weren't moving. You have no prowess, it is just a temporary feeling.
 
I can't imagine either of you have THAT much to do, based on your ability to think up all this ridiculous, self-serving BS. I'm guessing that if you get into medicine you'll both find that no-one gives a crap about any uncanny test taking prowess, silly "Perils of the Soul," or narcissistic desires to decide whether this is truly your true calling. Here's an idea, if this is really about your desire "to serve" others then count the amount of times you write "I" or "me" in your posts.

haha! love your post...

quick question tho, is that quote from USS houston?
 
Exactly! Chaplain George S. Rentz as he gave up his life jacket while the USS Houston was sinking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't imagine either of you have THAT much to do, based on your ability to think up all this ridiculous, self-serving BS. I'm guessing that if you get into medicine you'll both find that no-one gives a crap about any uncanny test taking prowess, silly "Perils of the Soul," or narcissistic desires to decide whether this is truly your true calling. Here's an idea, if this is really about your desire "to serve" others then count the amount of times you write "I" or "me" in your posts.

LOL.. somebody's just a bit touchy about other people.. Hilarious.

I know from the age of 7 you've been out there developing a Polio Vaccine for Underprivileged Children of Lost Merchant Seamen.

Hey, OF COURSE, I've got a ton of time on my hands. I'm taking "PRE-REQ's" and I'm not in Med School silly.. If I were in Med School , I wouldn't be trolling around SDN all that often...

Oh and since you're the resident expert on what people should or should not do in relation to their discussions with other human beings, I'll be sure to nominate you as the Official "Goebels" of your entering Med School Class.

Whenever anybody in the cafeteria brings up a topic of discussion that you feel not to be all that clinically enlightening, we'll give you a huge inflatable gavel and you can sit in the corner pounding it over top of a spongebob squarepants doll.

Lol hilarious.. the stress in some of these people.

Oh and seriously now, you don't really "believe" that all these Pre M.D. guys have any interest whatsoever in serving the general public... I'm not saying a percentage of them don't but do you actually know many doctors? Hilarious.. all I can say.
 
LOL. I tend to agree with milky, but maybe not as curtly. Go into medicine only if you think that, after extensively researching the field, that being a physician will be interesting, challenging, and/or enjoyable. Worry less about a "calling", you can go far in this field without believing in such a thing. Worry more about if it is something you really wan't to do. You have choices. As for test taking prowess, I can promise you that down this road everyone gets to a point where they feel like they don't know anything and are a bumbling idiot. Other folks who previously seemed like bumbling hopeless idiots will pass right by you like you weren't moving. You have no prowess, it is just a temporary feeling.

Well thanks for the feelings. Ever wonder why some people can't resist "internet" psychiatric and developmental/educational diagnoses?

Sorry but I've made no evaluation on the prospects of any other person's application or ability. Want to know why? Because frankly , LOL, the internet is not a place for deciding who gets to do this or that.

Hey, every field contains people of all sorts of personalities and dispositions. It just seems to me that the people who want to be there tend to do just a little bit better work. You can call it a work ethic, You can call it a calling. You can call it a fear of reposession. Call it whatever you like.

Oh by the way anybody else out there reading this, you can certainly be sure to completely disregard anybody's "Long distance" evaluation. Ha ha ha. The competitive nature of some people just goes to extremes.

I'm sorry if it offends you. But seriously .. This isn't Nascar. It's not about who goes "whizzing" by who.

No wonder we're in need of serious reforms. Oh and if you don't think the Health care system is about to undergo a series of reforms of the next 25 years. Lol what planet are you from?

Know what I always loved? The Semi Unionized health care workers sitting outside community hospitals blowing off a pack and a half a day. That was always one of my faves ... hehehe.

Sorry champ... Whether or not I get accepted or practice medicine today, tomorrow, 10 years from now, in Mexico, Paraguay, Brazil, Guatemala, New York City, Tokyo, Philadelphia or Paris has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you think I have a "big Head" when it comes to standardized testing.

The LSAT had nothing to do with Law School. The SAT's have nothing to do with College. I'm just saying from what I see... and I'm sorry if some people are on here expressing sour grapes because they can't get the MCAT to get them where they believe they should be in life... but most of this is predicated on your MCAT score.. and that's just a beginning... and I'm sorry.

But improving the "service" nature of people who supposedly took an oath shouldn't be some sort of sore spot LOL. If you're interested in a salary not a service position, maybe you can go bribe some officials at UMDNJ , they seem to be open to that sort of thing.

That's probably the problem. I'm sure you disrespect George Bush too because ya think he's a C student LOL.
 
Wow, so the "deep down" nugget in your criticism of two people talking about service related issues in medicine is that when you get into medical school , it will be intellectually "challenging" ?

I'll write that down thanks for the priceless advice. Sorry hate to be silly but silly is as silly gets replies.

Dude if you dont' want to read gibberish. Don't visit Internet boards.. What are ya lookin for?

Thread A- I got into med school because I was 33 and I suddenly decided I liked me dog.... A LOT... so what I did was I systemically studied my DOG... A LOT... then I went to my local college and I found a professor who also liked MY DOG...a LOT..and we got together A LOT and then I took my MCATS and filled out a webpage... And Now I'm quite sure I'm Jonas Salk.. or at the very least Nostradamus ....

Heck I come here strictly for entertainment value. Who needs the Daily Show?
 
Heck I come here strictly for entertainment value. Who needs the Daily Show?


That's fine -- enjoy yourself. I'm just saying some of what you think you "know" now is going to change as you progress down this road. And FWIW, a lot of what you seem to be trying to read between the lines of my post (if I am who you are responding to?) is not particularly accurate. Good luck.
 
LOL. I tend to agree with milky, but maybe not as curtly. Go into medicine only if you think that, after extensively researching the field, that being a physician will be interesting, challenging, and/or enjoyable. Worry less about a "calling", you can go far in this field without believing in such a thing. Worry more about if it is something you really wan't to do. You have choices. As for test taking prowess, I can promise you that down this road everyone gets to a point where they feel like they don't know anything and are a bumbling idiot. Other folks who previously seemed like bumbling hopeless idiots will pass right by you like you weren't moving. You have no prowess, it is just a temporary feeling.


Law2Doc,

You have presented the all to common theme of this community which is too not really listen to each other but instead to look for the opportunity to make statements about what one already thinks regardless of what is being said by others. This is what I do as well.

If you look at what you said its essentially what we said except that I was engaging with the OP in a process of recognizing my faults as he was for the purpose of moving around them. I am currently seeking to establish more service oriented goals into my range of activities which to this point have been narrowly focused on classroom performance in an unbalanced way.

The other two posters were just making fun of us for no reason and do not deserve a direct response.

I am going to be coming to this site less in the future I hope. I looked at your profile to try to understand your perspective and noticed you post at an incredible rate. As I am asking myself what I could differently to some positive end with the hope of developing beneficial behaviors to my fellow man I implore you to at least ask yourself what you or anybody is benefiting from posting opinions to strangers incessantly.

As for you other folks. You seem like opinionated bullies. Usually such behavior says more about you than me. You don't even know me. But thanks regardless because I have been guilty of profligating such rubbish myself and I am hoping I can gather the sense not to continue to do so.

Nasrudin Out!
 
I was engaging with the OP in a process of recognizing my faults as he was for the purpose of moving around them.

Hey, I was just trying to help by pointing out your and budha's excessive self-absorption.

Now, back to work on that Polio vaccine....
 
Hi all,

Well, I'm pretty humble around professors. I have found that most, if not all, will take a delight in someone who is actually interested in learning the material, and not just hoop jumping to check some box off.

All my profs have been outstanding in this regard.

With that said, the administrative phoney baloney that goes on in the typical university will drive a saint to drink. As best I can tell, the process is to designed to A) provide jobs to hordes of administrative types and/or B) to separate you from your cash as much as possible.

JMHO,
Oldie
 
Law2Doc,

You have presented the all to common theme of this community which is too not really listen to each other ...

Some of my posts are more helpful than others, sorry. I believed that my prior post was responsive to some of what I read the OP as saying (although honestly I didn't follow everything he was trying to say). Didn't mean it to be as hostile as you and he apparently took it. My bad.
 
Hi all,

Well, I'm pretty humble around professors. I have found that most, if not all, will take a delight in someone who is actually interested in learning the material, and not just hoop jumping to check some box off.

All my profs have been outstanding in this regard.

With that said, the administrative phoney baloney that goes on in the typical university will drive a saint to drink. As best I can tell, the process is to designed to A) provide jobs to hordes of administrative types and/or B) to separate you from your cash as much as possible.

JMHO,
Oldie

Welcome to America, and the University is just the whole business on a smaller and frankly much more "caring" scale.

But sure, once you're exposed to anything educationally outside of undergrad you figure out pretty quick how utterly useless much of the things that go on "inside" undergrad can truly be.

Hey Law, I was just a bit salty the other night. Hope it doesn't affect the way we get along.

Sure there's going to be plenty of stuff that kick my azz. Always is... Like Real Estate transactions did in Law school. Just like certain things I'll just move on by like Secured.... But that's just life.

I'm pretty confident that "intellectually" I could handle the work done at a medical school level in terms of the educational portion... Conceptually. As you can tell.

My main concern would be with the actual admissions "process" and the personalities and competition involved. I'm sure there will be some body out there who on some level can easily argue that they deserve the seat better than myself. So if there are really this many people actually interested in Physician training nowadays, considering my geographical limitations, this could be an uphill battle on all accounts.

But as far as the Pre Req portion, can I do the work? Sure. Will I get the straight A's I might need to go on? That one's up to me. I'm doing better than expected thus far. And I've always said that if I don't nail this Post Bacc work, there's really no sense in going further given the ultra competitive nature of the beast nowadays.

Good Luck all .. Still have no idea where you are in the process Law2Doc. Are you a med student? An Adcomm? A Pre Med? A Moderator? I noticed you had posts going back years and years and years....