Clerkship

Started by echod
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

echod

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am scheduling my return to the clinics this summer. What is a good rotation to do before medicine? In other words, what rotations needs less of a solid foundation in medicine to perform well? I've heard that OB is one. Is there anything else? Neurology?
 
I am scheduling my return to the clinics this summer. What is a good rotation to do before medicine? In other words, what rotations needs less of a solid foundation in medicine to perform well? I've heard that OB is one. Is there anything else? Neurology?

I think I answered all of these questions here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=762097

Plus see the link at the end of the thread.

In any case, OB and psychiatry are the least general medicine knowledge oriented, and I generally recommend them to come back to first. There are some others that can be okay, like subspecialty surgery.