Clinical Research Coordinator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strudel19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in a cover letter and resume for a part-time CRC position. RN's, new science grads, students completing a science degree, etc were being considered. They got back to me saying that my educational goals were not consistent with a 5-7 year part-time requirement (a requirement that was not listed in the posting at all). It's irrelevant at this point, but does such a long commitment for a CRC position seem a bit odd to you? Was under the impression that people who hold these positions typically pursue higher education so this caught me off guard.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
5 to 7 years of part time work does seem a bit odd, I haven't seen that before... I know many people who've worked as clinical research coordinators, and it's usually a 1 to 2 year 40 hour a week job people pursue before med/grad school.

doesn't seem too odd to me. I think that most college students bound for medical school may think 2-3 years of work is long enough but that's really not. The job you're talking about may be dependent on the type of research being conducted and it is fair for them to invest on someone that is willing to stay for however many years they asked because the employment people there might be more concerned with retraining.