Club/event fundraising

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hannah Nelson

Iowa State DVM Candidate Class of 2024
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm looking for ideas on club fundraising to help pay for our Gala next year. Common ones that clubs at our school do already include clothing sales (lots of them) and some other swag- glasses and water bottles, stethoscope charms/cases, and stickers.
Any new/unique ideas out there?

Members don't see this ad.

One club here did a pet photo calendar where you submitted a photo of your pet and people voted with money (any amount from a penny up) and the 13 with the most (we had different categories like cat, horse, dog, small mammal, etc) got photos taken and were in the calendar. The top top one was the cover model. And then the club sold calendars.

We also just had one for a different club where a student who does photography on the side took photos of peoples animals where it was $25 and you get ~3 edited photos back.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
I'm looking for ideas on club fundraising to help pay for our Gala next year. Common ones that clubs at our school do already include clothing sales (lots of them) and some other swag- glasses and water bottles, stethoscope charms/cases, and stickers.
Any new/unique ideas out there?
One club did a pie the professor one year and raised a lot. Whoever had the most money in their jar got pied. Even the faculty got in one that one.

Our school does a biannual Community dog wash. 1st year students man the wash and their class gets the funds.

It's $10 for a wash, $5 for nails, $5 for ears. The school reps (food, pharmaceutical, etc) give out swag to people.

It's super popular in the community and I think it does a good job raising mone. They get $80 from me every year for washing my 2 dogs, and there's usually a line out the door.

I've seen clubs do like grilled cheese/walking tacos/hot dog lunches for sale during the lunch hour. Buy stuff in bulk and sell a meal for $5 (hot dog + chips, etc). Seemed a pretty good profit margin.

Reactions: 1 user
Photos with Santa (or Easter bunny maybe if you need funds soon) always went well at my school if you’ve got someone with a decent camera. It’s one that doesn’t take a lot of money to put on. Parent merch sells decently around Christmastime.

Our school does a biannual Community dog wash. 1st year students man the wash and their class gets the funds.

It's $10 for a wash, $5 for nails, $5 for ears. The school reps (food, pharmaceutical, etc) give out swag to people.

It's super popular in the community and I think it does a good job raising mone. They get $80 from me every year for washing my 2 dogs, and there's usually a line out the door.
OH our OTS chapter does this too. Very popular here too and they have raised a lot in the past.

Reactions: 1 user
OH our OTS chapter does this too. Very popular here too and they have raised a lot in the past.

The self dog wash costs $10 for 10 minutes anyway. Might as well pay someone else to do the labor for the same cost so I don't get soaked when my dog tries to climb over to me to escape the bath lol

• Haha