CME credit

Started by J ROD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm curious, too. For the state medical boards I think some of it is state-dependent. I know for some states like Cali, though: If you pass the boards, you get 100 credits for 4 consecutive years.

As for ABPN,


Here are the guidelines and they give a list of approved program for credits.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you sign up for Beat the Boards, there is a very easy quiz at the end under the "CME Vault" tab. Passing that gets you 51.75 CME credits.
 
This year with basically every conference online, you have a fairly easy and actually interesting way to get CMEs, and usually all you have to do is register and then affirm that you attended/watched how every many sessions/talks, which determines how much credit you get up to a certain max. No hotel or travel required.
 
New grad here. I used UpToDate throughout residency and accrued 350 cme hours just by using it.
 
CME in residency is of little value, because states will likely already credit you CME of X for simply being a resident.

UpToDate post residency is a decent means to churn a few through out the year.
 
I have some of those by doing NEI Institute lessons. I have no idea what's their purpose because I am applying this year for psych, lol.


AMA: Participant:​
23.25​

Total Credits:​

23.25​


But I have to say that I am quite enjoying the videos.
 
New grad here. I used UpToDate throughout residency and accrued 350 cme hours just by using it.

My hospital has an institutional membership to UpToDate, so I can access it from any hospital computer. How do you then accrue CMEs for personal use? Is there some way to create a personal account and link it to an institutional account?
 
My hospital has an institutional membership to UpToDate, so I can access it from any hospital computer. How do you then accrue CMEs for personal use? Is there some way to create a personal account and link it to an institutional account?

I had an institutional account as a resident and now one as an attending. You get 0.5cme every time you research something. I tested the redeem credits function, and it basically creates a certificate that states how many hours you earned.