Coast Guard Physician?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nontrad_FL_LGBT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The CG has begun the process of building their own Physician Corps vs borrowing folks from PHS. I'm only able to locate information about a Enlisted/Current O > USUHS route by Googling. They've got 6 USU slots now. Local O recruiter has no idea what I was talking about when I sent an inquiry.

Anyone have any further info or thoughts about Coastie Physicians? Interested in scholarship/stipend programs like HPSP/FAP or maybe later direct commissioning.

Members don't see this ad.

No idea about their adding their own docs, but after doing a two week BA as a reservist at a CG base clinic, I just thought the Air Force had it made, but I was wrong, it’s the Coasties.

Reactions: 1 user
No idea about their adding their own docs, but after doing a two week BA as a reservist at a CG base clinic, I just thought the Air Force had it made, but I was wrong, it’s the Coasties.
I have a cousin marrying a Coastie, his life even as an enlisted guy seems pretty awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard anything except uniformed Public Health Service assignment. If you are interested in the coast guard and want to volunteer your time, the auxiliary also has a method for that. Semper Paratus

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t heard anything except uniformed Public Health Service assignment. If you are interested in the coast guard and want to volunteer your time, the auxiliary also has a method for that. Semper Paratus
Thanks, I've tried and had terrible luck trying to join CGAUX in two states and multiple groups now, unfortunately. A lot of geezers who don't know what an email is are in charge which makes it very difficult to even hear back about paperwork.

Check this out, seems that they are legitimately creating a Physician Corps. Just likely very in-progress at the moment.

- Coast Guard will begin new physician training to help staff clinics
- https://media.defense.gov/2022/Sep/07/2003071648/-1/-1/0/CI_6010_8.PDF

Neat, hadn't heard of this. Coast Guard USUHS would be a pretty tempting deal for people planning on primary care type specialties.

Reactions: 1 users
Neat, hadn't heard of this. Coast Guard USUHS would be a pretty tempting deal for people planning on primary care type specialties.
Yeah I'll def be applying if I don't get an A this cycle. I wasn't medically qualified til recently so I didn't even try this time around.