Collaborative spaced education; AMA Innovation Challenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cognovi

Knowledge worker
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Spaced repetition in medical education is still in its early stages in terms of adoption, usability, and integration. It's an innovation that has been nothing short of transformational for my personal learning. Some like-minded classmates and I are trying to push it up in the consciousness of medical educators. We're proposing a project that combines retrieval practice, spaced repetition, inline web/PDF content annotation capability, collaboration with peers and teachers, and nimble searching and sharing of individual cards and decks.

If you think this is a neat idea, please go to our project page on the AMA Healthier Nation Innovation Challenge and click 'like', 'follow', and 'try'. The crowd voting/validation phase of this contest goes until May 16. You do need an AMA account (register here), but you do not have to be an AMA member. And if you don't think this is a neat idea, you can also leave your feedback on that page.

You can also check out other medical student teams' cool projects related to medical education, like social gaming for studying, on that site.

Members don't see this ad.

Great idea. I wish schools would get behind SRS. However, I think it would be cheaper and easier to use an existing platform.

Spaced repetition in medical education is still in its early stages in terms of adoption, usability, and integration. It's an innovation that has been nothing short of transformational for my personal learning. Some like-minded classmates and I are trying to push it up in the consciousness of medical educators.

Protip: You could have said that in half the number of words and probably a third the number of characters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Protip: You could have said that in half the number of words and probably a third the number of characters.

Sorry, all the words and characters I can't fit on Twitter end up on forums and emails. How about this:

Spaced repetition is great for learning but not yet mainstream. We want to develop it for prime time in medical education.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry, all the words and characters I can't fit on Twitter end up on forums and emails. How about this:

Spaced repetition is great for learning but not yet mainstream. We want to develop it for prime time in medical education.

#SRS #justmedschoolthings #healinghands #anki #Blessed

Reactions: 1 user
Lost it at #Blessed :laugh:

FYI @Cognovi , I don't want to get your program forced on me. I'll sink/swim on my own, and learn how I like to!

I hope it won't be forced on anyone either. I hope that reluctance to try different methods is not a reason to prevent people from developing new tools at all.