College Algebra Pre-Req

Started by Mayomi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mayomi

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello I know some DPT programs require college algebra or higher as a pre-req. I took Pre-calc at a Community college fresh out of high school when I was very bad at math. I ended up getting a D, and retaking it and getting a C. My question is as far as my Pre-req GPA goes if I were to take College Algebra now and get say an A would they take College algebra or pre-calc as my Math course that counts towards my pre-req GPA?
 
Pre-Calc and College Algebra are different classes so only the College Algebra class would count towards your prerequisite GPA. However, your 2 attempts at Pre-Calc will be calculated into your pGPA, math GPA, and math/science GPA. Hope that helps. Goodluck!