College Classes taken in High School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shlongstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have a quick question. I took Calculus when I was still in high school for college credit. It wasn't AP Credit, but I actually got credit from a University for it. Unfortunately, I was a slacker in high school and got a B in the first semester and a C in the second. I just recently realized that this brings my GPA down a lot when I calculate it for AMCAS. Will Medical schools really care so much about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, the good news is that med schools are more likely to tolerate less than outstanding performances in calculus compared to science courses (not that a B is bad). However, if it does lower your GPA a lot (how much?), it may work against you if schools screen applications. But I doubt one B and one C could have a major effect on your GPA, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I hope you're right. The grades don't lower my GPA that much, but it's a noticeable difference still. I just hope all goes well!

Thanks again