College options for an Online Physics or Physical Chemistry course Spring 2019? (Chicago, IL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joleybear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you know of any schools besides the online University of Pheonix that are accredited, please let me know. I need one more prerequisite to apply for LECOM for the Fall of 2019 and I am not familiar with many online colleges.

Members don't see this ad.

University of Arizona has online courses, which I know that is accredited.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have to say it ;) But ASU also has online classes. If you're up for community college, Arizona also has Rio Salado community college which is nearly entirely online.

If you know of any schools besides the online University of Pheonix that are accredited, please let me know. I need one more prerequisite to apply for LECOM for the Fall of 2019 and I am not familiar with many online colleges.

It will be hard to find an online physical chemistry course, although you could probably find one as an "independent study" if you contact faculty directly. It is much easier to find an online physics course. I should also mention that calculus is usually a requirement for physical chemistry.

I do know that North Central Missouri College and University of New England offer online physics courses.

Reactions: 1 users
It will be hard to find an online physical chemistry course, although you could probably find one as an "independent study" if you contact faculty directly. It is much easier to find an online physics course. I should also mention that calculus is usually a requirement for physical chemistry.

I do know that North Central Missouri College and University of New England offer online physics courses.
Thank you for the information! I'll check those out too. I am taking Calculus this Fall for pre-requisites anyway and that course online is something I plan to set up for Spring 2019 :)

Thank you for the information! I'll check those out too. I am taking Calculus this Fall for pre-requisites anyway and that course online is something I plan to set up for Spring 2019 :)

I should mention that due to scheduling issues, I waive the calculus pre-requisite for physics. In the physics courses I teach, the necessary calculus/math is covered in the course of physics. (In my experience, I have found that enforcing the calculus pre-requisites will often delay graduation.)

I should mention that due to scheduling issues, I waive the calculus pre-requisite for physics. In the physics courses I teach, the necessary calculus/math is covered in the course of physics. (In my experience, I have found that enforcing the calculus pre-requisites will often delay graduation.)
Thanks so much! That is good to know. Im taking 17 credit hrs this fall plus hoping to start as a technician plus I have 3 kids at home and 2 have disabilities (autism) so it likely will wait until after anyway though. But if I find a way to take it now that's still helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! That is good to know. Im taking 17 credit hrs this fall plus hoping to start as a technician plus I have 3 kids at home and 2 have disabilities (autism) so it likely will wait until after anyway though. But if I find a way to take it now that's still hepful.

When students contact me regarding courses, I offer them the ability to start the course now as opposed to waiting until the official start of the semester. This flexibility is because I realize students (both traditional and non-traditional) have many demands on their time and I do my best to accommodate them.