College PRE-MED Mistakes to AVOID and Advice to SUCCEED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yay my questions are actually helpful to others too lol and I did read the post carefully BC, and not to be disrespectful, but your like the 5th person that has said the same thing to me and seriously, I am a normal teenager: I sleep in, go out with friends, study sometimes, sometimes procrastinate, I'm just trying to prepare myself for college and making the right plans to succeed since I have a lot of goals for myself

but thanks for the advice, I appreciate it:) and yeah I'm probably going to CLEP calculus since I took ap calc and take the others in college

just out of curiosity, what are THE MUST DO EC's/Volunteering things in COLLEGE undergraduate years, since I know I'm gonna do things that interest me, but of course med schools want to see some specific health-related things such as???

keep the tips coming, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ive taken quite a few psych classes cuz i find it interesting, but am not a major. in that time i have had many hilarious conversations (at least from my perspective) with psych majors who claim that "psych major is the hardest science major on campus."

i could barely contain myself.

Oh psych majors. They claim their work is hard, but I have yet to see one do anything resembling work (I've only ever seen one open a book, and that was for an out of major class).

My ex-boyfriend said it best: he switched his major from civil engineering to psych so he could meet more girls (real winner, that one). Oh, and not fail out of college, since he sucks at math.

so whats the deal with dropping/retaking/withdrawing/incomplete classes....do med schools not like that, or don't care if it happens only once/twice in undergrad years....

Members don't see this ad :)
and any advice on doing research in college with professors and getting recs like how do you get letters of recommendation, I know you have to develop relationships with professors but any advice on that sort of stuff?

I need an additional letter from science faculty myself. And honestly I just asked one of my profs if I could get him lunch and talk about a LOR. He doesn't know me well but I still think I can get a sufficient LOR from him. Its a quick fix but hey I need one by Septemberish.

I need an additional letter from science faculty myself. And honestly I just asked one of my profs if I could get him lunch and talk about a LOR. He doesn't know me well but I still think I can get a sufficient LOR from him. Its a quick fix but hey I need one by Septemberish.

Have a nice CV prepared for your meeting if you want him to take it seriously.

Have a nice CV prepared for your meeting if you want him to take it seriously.

Yes, I am bringing one and I also have my PS to leave with him. He's a nice/approachable guy and knows me so I think it will work out. Any other thoughts?

What are the most common medical experiences and health-related extracurricular activities and what are some unique things that can make you stand out?

Also, do medical schools like volunteering or do they specifically want medically related volunteering meaning hospital or clinic volunteer?