College w/ small class size for summer classes Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smittyballz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to a post bacc program in sept, but for the summer I was wondering what the class sizes are like at Tufts, BU, Harvard Extension, etc... and if there are other schools in the boston or south of boston area that are good schools with small class sizes 0- 50 students would be great. Also if anyone knows what these class sized are like in the Fall and Spring???Thanks so much :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

BU's summer term has the basic pre-req classes with 50 students per class.
Some of the more specialized science classes like anatomy and physiology have smaller enrollments, like 25-35. Also, any classes offered in MET college (continuing ed) tend to be smaller than those offered in college of arts and sciences.
http://www.bu.edu/summer/

I took two summer classes at Brandeis a few years back. They were general lecture, non-science classes. Counting myself twice, there were 4 students in one class, and 3 students in the other. The other non-pre-req lecture classes were a similar size, but prereq courses like gen chem were in the 40-50 range over the summer. Comparatively, prereq courses at Brandeis during the year are ~175.

As far as HES goes, their course enrollments pop up when you search for a course.

In general, if you putz around each school's registrar, you should be able to find enrollments without a problem.

Hard to tell UMass Boston. But from my experience of taking Physics which was in the large auditorium, it was small because of lots of empty seats. General Chem though I am not sure it was packed in the small auditorium.